• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:03 PM

Very negative board these days I'll say! Why not try to bring 'em both in? Let's spend some money to say F@ck you we aren't going anywhere thank you very much! Those two would put us over the frigging top. Get a crew in that dressing room like that then see what Babcock can get them to do.
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#22 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,920 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:57 AM

In all honesty, the only way Holland signs BOTH is if there is a trade that clears a few forwards out. As it stands, Mursak and Emmy are the two odd guys out and will waived/traded(after Abby is re-signed.) If Holland gets Doan and or Semin, that will push another forward out and that will be Miller or Eaves or both. I think if Holland makes a trade for a D man to clear up the forward log jam, then he may get both. I believe it will be either or, but not both. It may be neither. Like someone mentioned Tootoo WILL be in the lineup, as will Nyquist and Brunner and Sammy. By that thinking, it looks like Miller/Eaves will be the 13th/14th forwards anyhow. I think they both have earned NHL starting jobs, so if there is a trade, I think those two will be involved as well. I wouldn't doubt if Cleary is included in a trade either. He may not garner too much, but he would be a great leader for a young team. Maybe to an Edmonton or Winnipeg for a pick....

Bring Fedorov Home For A Day!

He Needs To Retire A Red Wing.

When Gordie Leaves Us, the NHL MUST Retire The #9.

#23 joshy207

joshy207

Black Ace

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,469 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:49 PM

And now it's neither Doan NOR Semin. Semin to Carolina, 1 yr, $7M, and per Aaron Ward on Twitter, the Wings are out of the chase for Doan because the asking price is too high. Sweeeet.

#24 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 11:55 PM

Well that just spray's a fart there doesn't it?! That kind of offseason I guess.
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#25 SwedeLundin77

SwedeLundin77

Over the Line!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 12:08 AM

And now it's neither Doan NOR Semin. Semin to Carolina, 1 yr, $7M, and per Aaron Ward on Twitter, the Wings are out of the chase for Doan because the asking price is too high. Sweeeet.

It's via twitter and solely based on the fact that there are "reports" that he has lucrative offers... Perhaps he'll end up liking the idea of ending his career in Detroit, a place that has never allowed him or his team to succeed in the playoffs the past few years. Sometimes, a guy may not go for the money in lieu of a more favorable situation. I believe Doan is the type of guy to do this... He did, afterall, just come off a 4.5 million contract, I'm sure he could have negotiated and received more money when that contract was signed without much of a problem.

I'm not holding my breath, but just saying.... sometimes we put wayyyy too much stock into what the internet tells us.

#26 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,199 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 09:59 AM

We get neither. This thread jinxed it. Thanks a lot, guys. :glare: (jk)

Don't Toews me, bro!