• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Pskov Wings Fan

Pskov Wings Fan

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:26 PM

I gave everyone raises! Thats the best part. Dats was the only guy that went down annually. So give him 7 if thats what makes the difference.

I doubt Pavel will play until he is 43.

#22 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:56 PM

And Datsyuk is likely to get a raise. He improves every year. I'm betting his next contract is a three or four year term for 7.5 mil.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#23 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:53 PM

and that's being nice...

Yeah, I wen't with the max ELC $$$ I believe.  Not sure how Granlund got so much money on an ELC with the Wild, but they have one of the worst GM's in the league, so...  .9 mil is the norm for young guys signing.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#24 joshy207

joshy207

Black Ace

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,469 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:58 PM

And Datsyuk is likely to get a raise. He improves every year. I'm betting his next contract is a three or four year term for 7.5 mil.

It might be, but it will be in the KHL.

#25 Buppy

Buppy

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:14 PM

Yeah, I wen't with the max ELC $$$ I believe.  Not sure how Granlund got so much money on an ELC with the Wild, but they have one of the worst GM's in the league, so...  .9 mil is the norm for young guys signing.

FYI, Sproul and Ouellet are already signed. $925k each, ELC max with no bonuses.

Granlund's salary is only $900k. He just has potential bonuses pumping up his cap hit.

#26 WINGS & FLOW

WINGS & FLOW

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:31 PM

Get

With all the recent talk about going after UFA's this summer and the $$$ amounts that are being thrown around here, it got me thinking about the worth of players as a dollar amount and how the cap going down will affect the money players get moving forward as UFA's with a 50/50 split instead of the 57% they've been used to since the cap came in.

The shortened NHL season has the cap at 60 million, can spend to a pro-rated 70.2 million.  However, it doesn't state that teams can spend pro-rated amounts next season and the cap will be 64.3 million.  With a lot of UFA's coming up this summer, Holland can try and get a couple good players, but the days of handing out 7.5 mil for Parise/Suter types are probably over for now.  Guys stating that Perry and Getzlaf or even Semin should get signed for 8 million per year better take a good look at the upcoming cap and consider the fact that it's revenue based on when/if the cap goes up.  The lockout screwed the momentum and while most of us fans came back, a lot didn't.  Cap management will be difficult for the next few years for GM's and they won't be able to throw monster offers at guys or they won't have any depth whatsoever (see the Wild) and they won't have enough roster players.

We can all to capgeek, but Wikipedia also gives some good information http://en.wikipedia..../NHL_salary_cap.  Realistically, if the NHL wants to limit the crazy overpayments to players, it starts with the GM's and keeping guys like Perry and Getzlaf under 7 million cause the cap likely won't be anywhere near 70 million in the near future.  Don't be surprised to see Perry sign for 6.7ish and Getzlaf at about 5.8.  The lower cap, GM's can't afford to be idiots with their money like the Wild's GM and winners like Garth Snow.

The cap being lowered ultimately dropped the value of each player by 10% regarding their cap hit.

Getzlaf is more valuable then Perry.  He will definately going to get more the 5.8

#27 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

Hall-of-Famer

• HoF Booster
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:00 PM

Hard to pay $7.5m a year for a grinder....which is what Babcock is turning him into playing Cleary & Abby on his wings.

#28 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:39 PM

Get

Getzlaf is more valuable then Perry.  He will definately going to get more the 5.8

now that he's putting points up his stock is going back up but the last couple years his stats haven't been great.  good but not great.  I'd pay up to 7 mil for Getzlaf, but with the cap going down 7 mil for next season, you can't be throwing over 7 mil at a player or your depth will suffer greatly.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#29 Pskov Wings Fan

Pskov Wings Fan

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:48 PM

Hard to pay $7.5m a year for a grinder....which is what Babcock is turning him into playing Cleary & Abby on his wings.

What Datsyuk brings to the game is well established. His current linemate selection would not affect his value.