• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Crymson

Helm Status Update

Rate this topic

Back injuries are very discouraging and they never truly go away entirely.

I just hope Helm can make progress over the summer and into the fall for next season. Obviously his presence, combined with the development we have seen from other forwards, would make the Red Wings even more deep going forward.

Imagine this team with a healthy Helm, DeKeyser and Bertuzzi.

Guest The Axe

I just hope Helm can make progress over the summer and into the fall for next season. Obviously his presence, combined with the development we have seen from other forwards, would make the Red Wings even more deep going forward.

Imagine this team with a healthy Helm, DeKeyser and Bertuzzi.

You had me. Then you said Bertuzzi. Completely lost me.

You had me. Then you said Bertuzzi. Completely lost me.

Not significant as the other two, but it's still a loss. Big body, controls the puck and creates space. All of that is valuable in the playoffs. Bertuzzi is streaky, but so are Filppula and Franzen in the top-six.

Guest The Axe

Not significant as the other two, but it's still a loss. Big body, controls the puck and creates space. All of that is valuable in the playoffs. Bertuzzi is streaky, but so are Filppula and Franzen in the top-six.

Bertuzzi is slow and old, doesnt hit, and doesnt fight. He's everything we dont need. When the alumni game comes back, put him in.

Guest Crymson

Not necessarily true. Severe structural problems never go away, but there is no indication that they are at play here.

I think it will be fine. If it keeps flaring up, they'll probably eventually go for surgery. it is just a matter of finding out the cause, from what i've read. He pushes it, and has a setback. I think when he does get back into the lineup he will be fine. He is young, afterall. If he was in his 30's id be more concerned.

Guest Playmaker

Not necessarily true. Severe structural problems never go away, but there is no indication that they are at play here.

There's no indication of anything, therein lies the problem. He's in pain and no one can seem to figure out why. Its hard to treat a problem if you don't know what it is. Not looking good long term for Helm.

Guest Crymson

There's no indication of anything, therein lies the problem. He's in pain and no one can seem to figure out why. Its hard to treat a problem if you don't know what it is. Not looking good long term for Helm.

The pessimistic logic of some of you is appalling. There's nothing to say that the problem won't eventually be diagnosed.

Guest The Axe

The pessimistic logic of some of you is appalling. There's nothing to say that the problem won't eventually be diagnosed.

I like thinking optimistically, but Helm needs to get the doctor stuff straightened out fast.

How is it pessimism? Helm has played one game and change in over a year now. There's nothing to say it will improve either, since every time Helm attempts to come back, the issue flares up. The fact that nobody can pinpoint the exact problem isn't very reassuring either. I think a diagnosis should have probably occurred by now over the span of four months.

Guest Crymson

How is it pessimism? Helm has played one game and change in over a year now. There's nothing to say it will improve either, since every time Helm attempts to come back, the issue flares up. The fact that nobody can pinpoint the exact problem isn't very reassuring either. I think a diagnosis should have probably occurred by now over the span of four months.

There's nothing to say anything at this point. Once a viable diagnosis is determined, the treatment might be easy or it might be hard. Nobody knows right now.