• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
achildr1

2014 Griffins/Wallaye

Rate this topic

Ok...so my mind is ready to explode thinking about how good GR is right now and how much better they could be next year. I know we have a ton of guys making the yransition to pro and they can't all play in GR.

Question is, who do you guys keep in GR and who do you think gets a ticket to Toledo? I've typed out possible rosters so many times, I don't want to do it again. What I do know thoigh is there are way too many dmen for GR and some peospects that deserve to be in GR will probably be in Toledo.

I think Aubry, Jensen, a good goalie prospect, Nedomlel, that kid from the WHL that is always hurt (forgot his name), and possibly a couple others will be in Toledo.

I wrote this in another forum...

The Griffins have looked pretty solid all season and they really got a huge boost when the Wings were knocked out of the playoffs. Nyquist, Andersson and DeKeyser have really helped them a lot. Who knows, they may not have gotten past the Barons if the Wings scored that overtime goal in game 7 against the Hawks. But now they’re in great position to win their first ever Calder Cup, just two wins away.

But what happens next year when Nyquist, Anderson, Tatar, DeKeyser and possibly Lashoff are all up with the Wings full time. Most would think that the Griffins would have to falter in a year when they lose so many of their best players. However, with these guys leaving there are many other guys coming in. Here’s what I would like to see for the 2013-14 Griffins…

First of all, Mursak signed with Amur Khabarovsk in the KHL so he’s out and as far as I know, Backman is playing one more year with Linkoping in the SEL, and Athanasiou and Paterson are playing one more year in the OHL with their repective clubs.

Players that should be traded away, let go or sent down to Toledo would be McCollum, Evans (I know he’s a captain but there just isn’t any room for him on the back end), Fournier, Nicastro, Skinner, Raedeke, Grant, Parkes, Coetzee and Nestrasil. So I would like to see something like this…

Jurco – Jarnkrok – Frk
Tvrdon – Sheahan – Pulkkinen
Hoggan – Ferraro – Pare
Callahan – Aubry – Glendening

Ouellet – Sproul
Almqvist – Marchenko
Billins – Jensen
Paetsch

Mrazek
Coreau

That is a very solid team in my opinion.

Here’s to a great 2012-13 season for the Griffins and looking forward to another great season in 2013-14 and bright future for the Wings.

Edited by krsmith17

Guest DeGraa55

I really hope Sproul and oullet play together. Let them play for two years then they can be our third line in Detroit and work their way up to the top.

I wrote this in another forum...

The Griffins have looked pretty solid all season and they really got a huge boost when the Wings were knocked out of the playoffs. Nyquist, Andersson and DeKeyser have really helped them a lot. Who knows, they may not have gotten past the Barons if the Wings scored that overtime goal in game 7 against the Hawks. But now theyre in great position to win their first ever Calder Cup, just two wins away.

But what happens next year when Nyquist, Anderson, Tatar, DeKeyser and possibly Lashoff are all up with the Wings full time. Most would think that the Griffins would have to falter in a year when they lose so many of their best players. However, with these guys leaving there are many other guys coming in. Heres what I would like to see for the 2013-14 Griffins

First of all, Mursak signed with Amur Khabarovsk in the KHL so hes out and as far as I know, Backman is playing one more year with Linkoping in the SEL, and Athanasiou and Paterson are playing one more year in the OHL with their repective clubs.

Players that should be traded away, let go or sent down to Toledo would be McCollum, Evans (I know hes a captain but there just isnt any room for him on the back end), Fournier, Nicastro, Skinner, Raedeke, Grant, Parkes, Coetzee and Nestrasil. So I would like to see something like this

Jurco Jarnkrok Frk

Tvrdon Sheahan Pulkkinen

Hoggan Ferraro Pare

Callahan Aubry Glendening

Ouellet Sproul

Almqvist Marchenko

Billins Jensen

Paetsch

Mrazek

Coreau

That is a very solid team in my opinion.

Heres to a great 2012-13 season for the Griffins and looking forward to another great season in 2013-14 and bright future for the Wings.

Our stock of future homegrown d isn't looking bad at all, with that said, I'd like to see nicastro, and possibly nestrasil used as trade bait to alleviate some cap space coupled with the players left on the outside of the wings depth chart.