• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
number9

Leyland Stepping Down

Rate this topic

I feel pretty conflicted today. Never been a huge Leyland fan because I think his in-game managerial skills are poor, but it's hard to argue with the respect his players have for him and that's probably the most important part of the job. He's a class act too and loves the city of Detroit.

The Tigers window is closing with this current group. Next season might be their best shot to win it all before payroll issues really become a factor, so the next manager has to be someone with experience.

In my dream scenario, the Tigers would lure Mike Scioscia away from the Angels. Will not be pleased if anyone on Leyland's coaching staff is promoted to manager. Also, don't even bother interviewing Dusty Baker -- that would be a nightmare.

I feel pretty conflicted today. Never been a huge Leyland fan because I think his in-game managerial skills are poor, but it's hard to argue with the respect his players have for him and that's probably the most important part of the job. He's a class act too and loves the city of Detroit.

The Tigers window is closing with this current group. Next season might be their best shot to win it all before payroll issues really become a factor, so the next manager has to be someone with experience.

In my dream scenario, the Tigers would lure Mike Scioscia away from the Angels. Will not be pleased if anyone on Leyland's coaching staff is promoted to manager. Also, don't even bother interviewing Dusty Baker -- that would be a nightmare.

Agreed with everything you said, including not interviewing Baker. Perhaps Dombrowski can lure La Russa out of retirement.

Looks like Tim Wallach as the next Tigers manager is picking up steam.

I just really don't want any members of Leyland's coaching staff to get the job. It might be safe, but are any of them attractive managerial candidates at all? If nobody besides Jeff Jones was retained, I wouldn't be disappointed.

Report: Brad Ausmus to be next Tigers manager. http://www.blessyouboys.com/2013/11/3/5060110/report-tigers-hire-brad-ausmus-as-manager

I like this move. No real rational reason to, but I like that they're (reportedly) going younger. Former catcher, history with the team, and a highly regarded baseball mind.

Word is Lamont will stay on as bench coach. Should help Ausmus settle into his role. Hopefully Jones stays as well.