• Please log in to reply
304 replies to this topic

#241 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,087 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:17 PM

Not sure if you saw, but the Canadiens just handled the bestest team in the history of bestest teams.  To suggest that out of the remaining teams they're the least likely to beat Chicago sort of flies in the face of the fact that they just whooped a President's Trophy winner.

Thing is, the Habs always play the Bruins really tough these days. (For reasons I can't understand, Rask is pretty much incapable of beating them at TD Garden.) And, as good as the Bruins are, the Blackhawks are the class of the league, no question.

I think the Habs are better than the Rags and would be the tougher out for the Blackhawks, sure. Realistically, though? If one of the remaining teams can knock off the reigning champs, it's the Kings or Ducks.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#242 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,698 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:19 PM

I'm definitely not taking anything away from the Canadiens. It did go to game 7 so I wouldn't necessarily call it a "whooping." I actually believe Chicago is better than Boston. Presidents Trophy don't mean s*** to me honestly. Chicago was banged up towards the end of the season and didn't have Kane, which has probably been their best forward. I think Chicago has better forwards than Boston and their defense is more solid. The B's had a bunch of rookies on the blue line, Chicago doesn't. I mean it's all just my opinion and pure speculation so who knows. EVERYONE picked Boston to win the cup and look what happened.

Chicago may or may not be better than Boston, but that's not the problem I have with you post.  You made it seem like the teams MOST likely to beat Chicago were NY, Anaheim, LA, and then Montreal.  As if Montreal were the fourth best of those teams.  Considering Montreal just beat a better team than any of the rest of them have played, I'd have the say the Habs are the best of the rest after Chicago. 

Edited by kipwinger, 14 May 2014 - 10:40 PM.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#243 plopster

plopster

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:35 PM

They just showed that retards post game interview. He doesn't know how to use words that aren't profane obviously. Clearly the guy is a goon and a bone head. Crossing my fingers for a season ending injury next year.
mccarty3

#244 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:37 PM

They just showed that retards post game interview. He doesn't know how to use words that aren't profane obviously. Clearly the guy is a goon and a bone head. Crossing my fingers for a season ending injury next year.

Who?

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#245 plopster

plopster

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:39 PM

Lucic
mccarty3

#246 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:40 PM

Who?

Lucic.

He couldn't stand to have a taste of his own medicine from Weisse and now ends up looking like the big ole' baby he is.  What a sore sore loser.

(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#247 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,698 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:41 PM

Lucic.

He couldn't stand to have a taste of his own medicine from Weisse and now ends up looking like the big ole' baby he is.  What a sore sore loser.

I didn't see it, what did he say?

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

#248 plopster

plopster

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:44 PM

They asked him about the handshake line and the water thing and he stumbled and mumbled like any other halfwit would and wouldn't comment and looked like he was really confused how to talk. Giant ******
mccarty3

#249 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,087 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:46 PM

Lucic is such garbage.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#250 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,698 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:46 PM

They asked him about the handshake line and the water thing and he stumbled and mumbled like any other halfwit would and wouldn't comment and looked like he was really confused how to talk. Giant ******

Did he flex his muscles and challenge the sportscaster to a fight?  That's what he usually does when things don't go his way. 

#251 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:47 PM

Recap goes something like this:

Reporter: "Weisse says you had something to say to him in the handshake line..."

"That stays on the ice, if he wants to be a baby and make it public that's his business...."

Reporter: "The Canadiens have said that there has been some lack of respect..."

"Lack of respect?  What?  A goal celebration?"  "I don't know what to say about that."  "I don't have any comment about that."

*befuddled*

"I don't have anything to say about that."

---

So, he has plenty to say in the handshake line... the freaking handshake line!!!   ...to a player that tossed everything that he had to say/give right back in his face, but has nothing to say afterwords.  Loves to dish it out, but can't take it.

Edited by e_prime, 14 May 2014 - 10:48 PM.

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#252 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:47 PM

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#253 plopster

plopster

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:49 PM

Yeah I'm sure that's what was going through his mind. That's what happens when you act like a magnanimous prick and then lose and look like a jackass doing it. You are at a total loss for any kind of response. Eat it lucic
mccarty3

#254 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:57 PM

Couldn't grab the video from this article, but if you watch, he's got something to say to several players... Weisse and Emelin specifically.  ...and maybe I'm reading too much into it, but those don't look like hearty good-natured handshakes to me that he's handing out.

http://prohockeytalk...ries-handshake/

http://i.imgur.com/rTGY9J1.jpg

Edited by e_prime, 14 May 2014 - 11:03 PM.

#255 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,698 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:06 PM

According to reports Milan Lucic of the Boston Bruins allegedly called Dale Weise a "baby" after their playoffs series concluded tonight; this coming after Lucic allegely called Montreal defenseman Alexei Emelin a "chicken" after a regular season altercation.  In response to these reports Lucic issued the following statement:  "I'm rubber and you're glue, whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you". 

What an intellectual cripple.

#256 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,625 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:19 PM

Looks like Luicic tells Emelin, "You f****** wait until next year, motherf*****!" 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#257 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,226 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:21 PM

I heard that TSN says, Lucic said to Weise "I'm going to ****ing kill you next year".

There is a video and discussion here

Edited by MidMichSteve, 14 May 2014 - 11:28 PM.

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke

#258 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,087 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:58 PM

I'm gonna f****** kill you? That's the best he can do?

Don't Toews me, bro!

#259 cnot19

cnot19

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 12:01 AM

I wish we had a team that could partake in a series like this
Get me a real fourth line Kenny!

#260 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer