• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Johnny Diamonds

Tomas Kopecky gets punked

Rate this topic

Nevertheless, Datsyuk's goal on Manny Fernadez, then the stopped attempt on Marty Turco was pretty bitchin'.

You got it backwards...

He beat Turco but was stoned by Roloson

Oh, dammit, you're right. I remember now. I had some feeling that it was off....Well, thanks for the reminder.

That's because he has played 48 games the last two seasons in Grand Rapids due to injuries.

Nevertheless, Datsyuk's goal on Manny Fernadez, then the stopped attempt on Marty Turco was pretty bitchin'.

I wasn't saying he doesnt have the talent to score like that, i just meant he hasn't show-boated like that yet

Yeah, I think he has the talent to do it, I wasn't commenting on the showboating. I was saying that I don't think that he's healthy enough to do it consistently.

Because he tried the same move only a week later on a penalty shot.  He beat Roloson like a rented mule on a clean break not too long after that.

peace

I was at that game cool.gif

and here is a clip of Datsyuk owning Roloson after tipping the dump to himself out of mid air...

http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia/wild/wmedi...rd_11_22_03.wvx

Edited by DraperFan TX

Didn't Zhamnov pull that move on Legace a couple of years ago, and I think Miroslav Satan did that move to Eddie Belfour last season. Then Satan took his glove off and pretended his hand was a cell phone, it was a pretty amusing celebration I must say. Although I'm sure neither Zhamnov's nor Satan's celebrations were as ridiculous as Kopecky's was.

I believe Satan "talking on the phone" was a crack at the trade rumors surrounding him at the time.

I posted on this on RWC a long time ago, and was told the reason for the hot dogging was because both teams were doing it to each other after goals/saves. It wasn't a normal Kopecky reaction

That's because he has played 48 games the last two seasons in Grand Rapids due to injuries.

I wasn't saying he doesnt have the talent to score like that, i just meant he hasn't show-boated like that yet

Yeah, I think he has the talent to do it, I wasn't commenting on the showboating. I was saying that I don't think that he's healthy enough to do it consistently.

The "cockiest" thing i've seen Kopecky do is point his stick right in John Erskines face after Erskine slashed him this past season. Erskine slashed him, and Kopecky turned around and put the blade of his stick right between erskines eyes, like an inch from his face...kinda funny, but Kopecky would have been killed if they fought.