• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
SwedeLundin77

Dumont MAY be headed to Detroit afterall?

Rate this topic

THE LATEST NEWS ON J.P. DUMONT.

"LA PRESSE: Richard Labbe reports UFA winger J.P. Dumont has yet to hear anything further from the Montreal Canadiens following their inquiry last weekend with his agent. Dumont admits he's had a serious offer from a team but it's not the Habs. He wouldn't say which team but it's believed the Detroit Red Wings are interested. Labbe also reported that the Canadiens supposed interest in Dumont sparked some "insane rumours" floating around the internet, which GM Bob Gainey obviously refuses to comment on.

Spector's Note: That would be the "Komisarek to the Islanders" or "Half the Habs to Pittsburgh for Malkin, with the freed-up cap space to sign Dumont" rumours. Bottom line, gang, the Habs were undoubtedly interested, but Gainey wants to maintain some cap flexibility for next season. Unless Gainey knew for certain he could move a player or two to free up the cap space needed to sign Dumont, he's not going to do it. As for the Red Wings, GM Ken Holland last week denied intentions to sign Dumont, suggesting the winger's salary demands were too expensive. Maybe Dumont's lowered his asking price or Holland has changed his mind? We'll find out soon enough."

As you can see the speculation is that Dumont may have had a serious offer from us, and just because Holland denied interest in the guy, doesn't mean that he is not talking to him right now and/or working with him. Let's hope eh!

Sorry, what I meant was that the Habs were trying to make room for Dumont by dumping Komisarek and Bonk to the Islanders and THEN picking up Dumont.

Currently they dont really have the cap room for him enough for the management to feel comfortable, I guess.

My bad on reporting, Ill try to be better at explaining in the future.

Well according to TSN and Dumont's agent, Detroit is in the top 3 for Dumont right now, I also heard from hockeynations.com/forums that the Wings would idealy like to add both Carter and Dumont, but I don't see how that is possible... and it also would stab our youngsters in the backs as well, as cool as it would be. but we'll get one of these guys i'm sure.

The Detroit Red Wings are believed to be among the teams interested in Dumont

You can check out the article in it's entirety here: http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=175107&hubname=nhl

It would be awesome to get Dumont and I hope he signs soon. I don't want Carter unless he signs a ridiculously low contract because the last thing this team needs is an overhyped, lazy, older player who has consistancy issues.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Well according to TSN and Dumont's agent, Detroit is in the top 3 for Dumont right now, I also heard from hockeynations.com/forums that the Wings would idealy like to add both Carter and Dumont, but I don't see how that is possible... and it also would stab our youngsters in the backs as well, as cool as it would be. but we'll get one of these guys i'm sure.

You can check out the article in it's entirety here: http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=175107&hubname=nhl

I know i probably sound like a broken record but we could afford both if we traded lang/Hudler.

I know i probably sound like a broken record but we could afford both if we traded lang/Hudler.

you do sound like a broken record but the key here is lang has a lucrative contract that NObody is likely to pick up, especially when they are trying to dump players they cannot afford in the first place.

wishful thinking, but extremely unlikely... and definitely not realistic.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

you do sound like a broken record but the key here is lang has a lucrative contract that NObody is likely to pick up, especially when they are trying to dump players they cannot afford in the first place.

wishful thinking, but extremely unlikely... and definitely not realistic.

heh. Hudler would be much easier to move.

Yeah probably interested in them both as they'd like to add one of them, but either one, they'll be content. We also are reportedly intersted in Bondra now too, I know that's been mentioned, but I heard some more about it lately. We're interested in Dumont and Bondra. The deal for Carter could have been pulled off the table by now, I wouldn't be surprised for as long as the guy is taking after one stand-out season.

The deal for Carter could have been pulled off the table by now, I wouldn't be surprised for as long as the guy is taking after one stand-out season.

just fine with me, let him walk.