• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest N4C3R

Owen Nolan and Georges Laraque

Rate this topic

Guest N4C3R

One pair of players I have not seen mentioned as a possibility for Detroit here recently is Owen Nolan and Georges Laraque. Both appear to be available, and both would bring a physical game to the Redwings without significantly altering the chemistry of the core of the team.

Anybody else excited at the possibility of having both these guys on our roster? :yowza:

One pair of players I have not seen mentioned as a possibility for Detroit here recently is Owen Nolan and Georges Laraque. Both appear to be available, and both would bring a physical game to the Redwings without significantly altering the chemistry of the core of the team.

Anybody else excited at the possibility of having both these guys on our roster? :yowza:

It's funny you mention Laraque....I just heard him on XM radio in an interview....seems like a nice guy off the ice. I do remember reading something about Gretzky saying he wasn't really fitting in with the Coyotes, so I'd take him if the price is right. I also seem to remember hearing sometime last year or so that he said he wouldn't fight anymore if traded...but that was before he left Edmonton. I would love to have him here as a deterrent, and if needed to fight, but honestly the Wings never really stir things up enough to warrant him having to drop the gloves all the time. So if he could be had for a good price, I'd love him!

If the price is right, I wouldn't mind having both of them come to the Wings. I don't know if it's wishful thinking, or not. whatever!

We need someone to take care of the hits put upon Zetterberg and Datsyuk come playoff time. That way they can have the ice cleared to continue their play!