• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

2/27 GDT: Red Wings @ Blackhawks

Rate this topic

Dom knew it, that's why he did the death-tackle move on the shooter. Not worried here. I suppose we'd rather have a tie game? ;)

As long as Dom knows the person's head is down, then I'm fine with it. If not, I would prefer he stay in the next and make it somewhat harder for the opposition to score. I have full confidence Dom can handle a breakaway. Sometimes, the hockey gods aren't as kind.

Guest Crymson

Same with me. Fortunately, that person had his head down, not paying attention to Dom.

Dom is not stupid. In fact, I've heard it said that he can read plays better than any other goaltender in the NHL today.

Listening to the feed on the net it sure sounds like a pro-Wings crowd at the UCenter.

It's a pro-wings crowd at every center.

If you ask Phoenix, however, they report otherwise. "Who are these 'Red Wings'? I see a bunch of guys with a wheel, attached to a wing, but we don't know who they are or their purported 'fans'. We only have Coyotes fans 'round these parts, savvy?"

hmmmmmmm....

Well I'm new here so I won't say anything *cough* 5-1 *cough*

You coming down with a cold or something. You keep coughing. :P

Go Blue!!! I mean Wings!!! :D

It worked, didn't it? It's not like he always fails; I'd give him a 50% success rate. That's better than most goalies do against breakaways.

True. I trust that Dom knows when a breakaway is "stoppable" and when he needs to take other measures when the D are absent. Not Kronner's fault he fell, but that left Dom to make a decision. A game-tying goal with a few seconds left in the perry-odd would have been deadly to the momentum, such as it is...

Someone please swing a hockey stick at John Keating. God, what a cheeseball. An embarrassment to an otherwise proud organization.

I can throw one but I don't think I can throw hard enough for it to get him. Maybe down my block. :P

It's a pro-wings crowd at every center.

If you ask Phoenix, however, they report otherwise. "Who are these 'Red Wings'? I see a bunch of guys with a wheel, attached to a wing, but we don't know who they are or their purported 'fans'. We only have Coyotes fans 'round these parts, savvy?"

Ha..and that's probably where there's the largest non-Detroit concentration of Wings faithful.

It's scary to watch, but second guessing Hasek is pretty pointless. He's been unorthodox and a risk taker his whole career, and it's worked for him to the tune of a Hockey Hall Of Fame career. I'm right there with you ready to jump out of my seat, but it's just the way it is with him. Remember 2002? He was coming out of the net like he does constantly. I remember Gary Thorne during the WCF exclaiming every 3 minutes, "Blake dumps it around the boards. Hasek coming WAY out!" But, again, the net result was it worked.

It worked, didn't it? It's not like he always fails; I'd give him a 50% success rate. That's better than most goalies do against breakaways.

Crym- that's the single greatest signature ever. I mean better then the Knob one. :clap:

And here's for the non-first or second liners showing what's what! :clap:

Someone please swing a hockey stick at John Keating. God, what a cheeseball. An embarrassment to an otherwise proud organization.

I'm in your camp on this one. His questions are so retarded too--I feel bad for players having to answer them. "Is hockey hockey, or is it different here?" "Well, you know hockey's hockey..."

I could ask better ones sleep deprived and suffering cocaine withdrawals, easy.