128 replies to this topic

#121 Wingsfan31

Wingsfan31

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 01:04 AM

QUOTE(Crymson @ March 13, 2007 - 10:48PM) View Post

Oh, the announcers are morons. With over two minutes left, they hypothesized that Nashville was attempting to gain the zone in order to give Vokoun time to skate to the bench. Show me a coach who pulls his goalie with two minutes left, and I'll show you a coach on crack.

If you're down by two goals and plan on pulling your goaltender, what's the difference between two minutes to go and one minute? Actually, pulling him with two minutes to go makes more sense since if you score with the extra attacker, you might have some time to pull him again and try for the tie. If they fill the empty net with 1:30 left or :30 left in the game, either way it's over.

#122 Jwo

Jwo

Let's go Red Wings!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 01:05 AM

QUOTE(Jwo @ March 7, 2007 - 03:40PM) View Post

ive seen some clips from the FSN South guys and they seem pretty dry and boring. Like watching a golf match.

This describes them the best way again.
FireCaptain - "THIS ISN'T DATELINE, BUT WE'RE HERE TO STOP A PREDATOR."
Du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du,
When I see you Red Wings,
I go out of my head,
I just can't get enough,
I just can't get enough,
All the things you do to me and all the things you said,
I just can't get enough.
I just can't get enough
We slip and slide and we fall in love and I just can't seem to get enough of...
Du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du

#123 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 05:12 AM

QUOTE(Creasemonkey @ March 13, 2007 - 11:45PM) View Post

I tell ya, the one jackass who took a Nashville fans misspelling of a word and asked "Is that a product of Detroit public schools?" ought to be de-nutted. All I could think was "Is the fact that Tennessee has the highest unsolved murder rate due to the lack of dental records, or the fact that DNA evidence matches most of the population?"

I wasn't really listening to the announcing that much, I was pre-occupied with other things while watching the game, but if one of them said that, total complete disrespect there. thumbdown.gif

#124 cincywingfan

cincywingfan

The Fronz approves

• Gold Booster
  • 548 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 08:27 AM

<---Stuck with Center Ice / FSN feed

I still like Terry but it is a little less every game I have to sit through. The other guy is BRUTAL.

Yes they are homers, but that's how it's supposed to be. Ken and Mick are textbook homers and I love it. thumbup.gif

#125 CAredwingsfan91

CAredwingsfan91

Mike Fisher = Luckiest guy in the NHL

• PipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 09:53 PM

QUOTE(Legionnaire11 @ March 7, 2007 - 10:05AM) View Post

You honestly think Arnott drove his elbow into Lebda's head?

Anyway, I think Pete and Terry are awesome. They have fun calling games, they're funny guys and they really know their s***. They're homers of course, but every announcer is, Redmond is just as bad as the rest of the league. I've heard him make some ridiculous statements as well. Plus Pete and Terry are very nice guys to meet and talk with, Pete Weber posts on our message boards once in a while, and there aren't many guys in hockey who can tell a better story than Terry Crisp.

"they really know their s***?" didn't that fat piece of meat Weber commentate baseball games? damn baseball to hockey he DOES really know his s*** then huh? he should have kept his lazy fat ass at the baseball field along with the rest of those so called "athletes". as far as crisp yes he was a coach for tampa bay and played for philly if i remember correctly but still if hes been around the game for such a long time he should know what to say and what not to say cause sometimes he just runs his mouth too much.
You shook Sinatra's hand, you should know better.

#126 theman19

theman19

#40 Mobile suit Zeta, the new red comet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,829 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 10:39 PM

QUOTE(hated and proud @ March 14, 2007 - 12:39AM) View Post

He's also won the Cup as a player and a coach. You're right he must have no idea what he's doing.

he still traded the highest scoring right wing in history because he thought he'd "never make it as an NHL player"

#127 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 02:26 AM

Im just glad I didn't hear another Mountain Dew song tonight.
Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.

#128 Mudvayneowns91

Mudvayneowns91

Colorado Wings guy

• PipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 02:40 AM

QUOTE(Salviaman @ March 13, 2007 - 09:11PM) View Post

When Crisp mentioned about season tickets going on sale for 2007-08 season for Nashville, he pronounced the year 2007 as two hundred seven. That made me a sad panda. sad.gif

Is that a sexual harassment panda quote i see?
Surfside 6! Who lives there? Surfside 6! Young bachelors? In Miami Beach.

#129 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 10:03 PM

QUOTE(Mudvayneowns91 @ March 15, 2007 - 01:40AM) View Post

Is that a sexual harassment panda quote i see?

yes it is
Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.