• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
sWINGED

hockey night in canada blasts tootoo

Rate this topic

Who or what exactly would stop Tootoo from continuing his career in the NHL?

The same "who" or "what" that caused guys like Tyson Nash and Steve Webb to discontinue their career's in the NHL - nobody wants them. If Tootoo becomes more of a liability or distraction then you can bet Nashville won't re-sign him. I know right now he seems adept at drawing rather than taking penalties, but if he crosses the idiot line (like the McSorley hit on Brashear) and winds up suspended for x number of games then Nashville might cut him loose.

Tootoo skated twenty feet for that hit. The check didn't look bad, but he skated twenty feet--so hello?

And yeah, of course you sucker punch people when they're coming at you. Why take the hit, come back, and fight? Surely throwing a punch at somebody from the get go's muuuuuuuuuuch better. Tootoo is definitely a victim... who expects retribution after running a star player?

Silly thought, I know!

What Tootoo did was WRONG. W-R-O-N-G. I've said numerous times that I don't support what Tootoo did in the least bit. I was simply describing the situation to whoever asked.

Ya know what I am a wings fan and have been 40 years I am a proud resident of Hockey Town and you know Tootoo still blows :D

What Tootoo did was WRONG. W-R-O-N-G. I've said numerous times that I don't support what Tootoo did in the least bit. I was simply describing the situation to whoever asked.

But it sure sounds like you support his style of play

Yeah, I know. I just spotted the "clean check" part and while it wasn't dirty, it still was a run. I got you though.

Also, an lol:

Did Madono have the puck if he did thst is rare for Tootoo to go after a puck carrier

I don't even remember if he did, offhand. It'd be so awesome if he did for once! I think Modano did however.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

Well, thanks for taking one for the Nashville faithful. It takes alot of guts to slug it out on another team's forum.

I think what bugs me most is that people defend Tootoo's initial response to Robidas. Barry Melrose, as goofy as he is i pretty much usually agree with him because he's old school. But even he defended Tootoo and I was just befuddled by that.

Players charge at other players all the time when there's been a big hit. The typical response is that both parties engage one another with their arms and sticks high and then if they want to go, shove off and drop the mits. I can hardly recall a time when i've seen somebody just hall off on a guy who was coming in at them with their stick high.

You may not be defending Tootoo but over in Pred world they are vehemently defending him like punching somebody in the face when they are coming at you is a legitimate first response.

It simply isn't and that's all I think Wings fans are trying to convey. How Nashville fans can be so incensed at Modano for swinging his stick (which should've been penalized for sure) but think hauling off and drilling somebody in the face that's charging you is legit just reinforces the perception we have of Nashville fans as stupid hillbillies.

As I said before, Tootoo charges guys all the time and they don't punch him in the face right off the bat so I don't understand where Preds fans think this is a reasonable response to somebody coming at you with their arms and stick up. Is Tootoo going to punch every guy in the face that gets his arms up? s***, Schneider gets his stick up high on nearly every player he comes into contact with, if he were to get punched in the face every time he'd have been killed years ago. Just boggles the mind those Nashville fans.

:clap:

Well, thanks for taking one for the Nashville faithful. It takes alot of guts to slug it out on another team's forum.

I think what bugs me most is that people defend Tootoo's initial response to Robidas. Barry Melrose, as goofy as he is i pretty much usually agree with him because he's old school. But even he defended Tootoo and I was just befuddled by that.

Players charge at other players all the time when there's been a big hit. The typical response is that both parties engage one another with their arms and sticks high and then if they want to go, shove off and drop the mits. I can hardly recall a time when i've seen somebody just hall off on a guy who was coming in at them with their stick high.

You may not be defending Tootoo but over in Pred world they are vehemently defending him like punching somebody in the face when they are coming at you is a legitimate first response.

It simply isn't and that's all I think Wings fans are trying to convey. How Nashville fans can be so incensed at Modano for swinging his stick (which should've been penalized for sure) but think hauling off and drilling somebody in the face that's charging you is legit just reinforces the perception we have of Nashville fans as stupid hillbillies.

As I said before, Tootoo charges guys all the time and they don't punch him in the face right off the bat so I don't understand where Preds fans think this is a reasonable response to somebody coming at you with their arms and stick up. Is Tootoo going to punch every guy in the face that gets his arms up? s***, Schneider gets his stick up high on nearly every player he comes into contact with, if he were to get punched in the face every time he'd have been killed years ago. Just boggles the mind those Nashville fans.

Could not have said it any better :!:

What "personal comment and jabs" have I made at people, other than asking if someone was a homer? I believe I was the one who was accused of "bending my sister" over last night. But whatever.

IPB Image

Since you also needed help finding "anyone who would agree with what I'm saying", I'll help you out with the ridiculous comments too:

"Get bent."

"kindly STFU."

"Words can't express how ******* stupid that comparison is."

"Are you the biggest Homer in the world or did you defend Bertuzzi before he was a wing?"

Again, just make your point, we're mature enough here to discuss it without that kind of BS. Your argument just loses credibility with statements such as those.

esteef

But it sure sounds like you support his style of play

Sure I do. I love the energy he brings as soon as he touches the ice. I love to see Tootoo knock someone on their ass with a big hit, even though he misses probably about 40% of his hits. But I don't support punching someone in the face when they're not expecting it. The same goes for Scott Nichol and Todd Bertuzzi. I was the defenseman on my high school team that was there to lay the big hits on people, so I respect what they do and I love a good scrum...but when you cross the line like they did, it's just not acceptable in my book.

What "personal comment and jabs" have I made at people, other than asking if someone was a homer? I believe I was the one who was accused of "bending my sister" over last night. But whatever.

IPB Image

I would like to make comment on the picture with the capation Dumb Ass

Since you also needed help finding "anyone who would agree with what I'm saying", I'll help you out with the ridiculous comments too:

"Get bent."

"kindly STFU."

"Words can't express how ******* stupid that comparison is."

"Are you the biggest Homer in the world or did you defend Bertuzzi before he was a wing?"

Again, just make your point, we're mature enough here to discuss it without that kind of BS. Your argument just loses credibility with statements such as those.

esteef

Still not seeing any personal jabs.

Yep...I told someone to STFU.

It was a stupid comparison.

I was just wondering if he supported Bertuzzi before he donned a Wings jersey.

Nothing personal.

I agree completely. There's really no excuse for Tootoo's punch. And although Modano shouldn't have swung his stick, especially with all the crap that's been going on in the league recently, it wasn't as bad as everyone made it out to be.

making fun of mentaly handicapped

Monkey how long have you followed hockey

Relax. I'm not really sure what that has to do with how long I've followed hockey. But I started playing inline hockey when I was 6 years old and then switched to ice hockey when I was 8. I started in the House leagues and started playing travel hockey. Then I played for my high school and now I play for my college's club level team.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

I agree completely. There's really no excuse for Tootoo's punch. And although Modano shouldn't have swung his stick, especially with all the crap that's been going on in the league recently, it wasn't as bad as everyone made it out to be.

Relax. I'm not really sure what that has to do with how long I've followed hockey. But I started playing inline hockey when I was 6 years old and then switched to ice hockey when I was 8. I started in the House leagues and started playing travel hockey. Then I played for my high school and now I play for my college's club level team.

Its nice to hear you play hockey. And as a fellow (albeit semi-retired defenseman, 2 kids and a wife will do that to you) I can appreciate anybody who plays tough D.

I'm curious though, you play(ed) high school hockey. Is that current or in your past. Also, was that in Tennessee? I don't mean to sound naive but I don't know Tennessee and have never been there so I wouldn't know what kind of hockey progams they've developed over the years.

My curiosity lies in the fact that I love hockey above everything but my family and friends and I love to see it grow. If they're doing good things in Tennessee to get youth hockey going that's great for NHL hockey in general and potentially for USA hockey in the future.

Its nice to hear you play hockey. And as a fellow (albeit semi-retired defenseman, 2 kids and a wife will do that to you) I can appreciate anybody who plays tough D.

I'm curious though, you play(ed) high school hockey. Is that current or in your past. Also, was that in Tennessee? I don't mean to sound naive but I don't know Tennessee and have never been there so I wouldn't know what kind of hockey progams they've developed over the years.

My curiosity lies in the fact that I love hockey above everything but my family and friends and I love to see it grow. If they're doing good things in Tennessee to get youth hockey going that's great for NHL hockey in general and potentially for USA hockey in the future.

Youth hockey has really caught fire ever since the Predators came to Nashville. I graduated high school in 2005. Before the Predators came in 1998, there were only 5 or so high school teams and it wasn't really competitive. Currently there are 18 high schools in Nashville with teams. It's pretty crazy to think about how quickly it caught on. High School hockey is now very competitive in Nashville and the fan support by students is awesome. The state tournament just ended. The top 2 teams (the regular season champion and the Nashville tournament championship) go to the state tournament and face the top teams from Memphis and Knoxville. The top 2 teams from that tournament play for the Predators Cup at the Nashville Arena before that night's Preds game. The winner of that game is the state champion. One of the teams from Nashville won. Hockey is definitely becoming rooted in Nashville and it's an exciting thing to be a part of.

There are also several college teams in the area. Vanderbilt, Belmont, Lipscomb, and UT all have teams. Middle Tennessee State University has one of the premier ACHL teams in the country, I think. And of course there is an abundance of youth and men's leagues. We currently have 5 sheets of ice and I think there are plans to build more.

OH and did anyone see the University of Alabama-Huntsville / Notre Dame game? That was crazy! It's pretty amazing to see a team from ALABAMA in the Frozen Four tournament! And for them to lose 3-2 in Double OT to a top seeded team is pretty incredible!

Edited by ProudestMonkey

There are also 5-6 roller rinks around nashville too. I played in the adult league for 3 seasons, but they just let us play as a courtesy, the focus was really on the youth leagues which are still alive and doing well.

Aside from the high school ice teams, there is also a high school roller league.

and yeah monkey, I thikn MTSU was ranked #1 in Division 3 for a while a couple years ago, I haven't really followed them lately though so I wouldn't know.

Also, there are minor league alternates. The Huntsville Havoc and Knoxville Ice Bears are in the SPHL, as well as the Memphis Riverkings in the CHL. There's also been a lot of talk about expanding the CHL into Lebanon, TN if they build an arena there.

Also, not known to most outside of the area, there has also been hockey in Nashville since 1961. The Dixie Flyers, South Stars, Knights, Knighthawks and Ice Flyers were all minor league teams in town before the Preds came.

There are also 5-6 roller rinks around nashville too. I played in the adult league for 3 seasons, but they just let us play as a courtesy, the focus was really on the youth leagues which are still alive and doing well.

Aside from the high school ice teams, there is also a high school roller league.

and yeah monkey, I thikn MTSU was ranked #1 in Division 3 for a while a couple years ago, I haven't really followed them lately though so I wouldn't know.

Also, there are minor league alternates. The Huntsville Havoc and Knoxville Ice Bears are in the SPHL, as well as the Memphis Riverkings in the CHL. There's also been a lot of talk about expanding the CHL into Lebanon, TN if they build an arena there.

Also, not known to most outside of the area, there has also been hockey in Nashville since 1961. The Dixie Flyers, South Stars, Knights, Knighthawks and Ice Flyers were all minor league teams in town before the Preds came.

I really miss those Nashville Knights/Ice Flyers/Knighthawks games. You were guaranteed a good brawl just about every game. We had season tickets for as long as I can remember.

Tootoo laid a clean check on Modano and as Tootoo was getting up, Robidas was charging towards him. The puck was now at the other end of the ice. Tootoo sensed that he was about to get hit by a freight train, and he instinctively threw a punch. Robidas never saw it coming and was out cold for a good while.

LOL :lol:

the term you're trying to find here is "sucker punch"...the other word you're trying to find here is "*******."

just to help extend your vocabulary a bit. free lesson.

OH and did anyone see the University of Alabama-Huntsville / Notre Dame game? That was crazy! It's pretty amazing to see a team from ALABAMA in the Frozen Four tournament! And for them to lose 3-2 in Double OT to a top seeded team is pretty incredible!

i wasn't able to watch, but i was following it on game tracker. nuts. anyway, just for your info, alabama didn't make the frozen four (nor did notre dame). that little moniker is reserved for the last four teams in the ncaa d1 tourney. this year, it's maine, michigan state, boston college and north dakota. alabama made the tourney because the team that wins its division gets an automatic bid. the cha is considered the weakest division, behind the wcha, hockey east, ccha, ecachl, and atlantic hockey. it was still cool to see alabama take their division, though. typically bemidji or niagra win. good to see some fresh blood. if you're interested in college hockey, i suggest uscho.com for the best info. be careful on the forum, though, most posters don't take kindly to newbies.

i wasn't able to watch, but i was following it on game tracker. nuts. anyway, just for your info, alabama didn't make the frozen four (nor did notre dame). that little moniker is reserved for the last four teams in the ncaa d1 tourney. this year, it's maine, michigan state, boston college and north dakota. alabama made the tourney because the team that wins its division gets an automatic bid. the cha is considered the weakest division, behind the wcha, hockey east, ccha, ecachl, and atlantic hockey. it was still cool to see alabama take their division, though. typically bemidji or niagra win. good to see some fresh blood. if you're interested in college hockey, i suggest uscho.com for the best info. be careful on the forum, though, most posters don't take kindly to newbies.

Yea I understand the terminology. It's the same for the NCAA basketball tournament. I just find myself sometimes referring to both as Final Four/Frozen Four tournaments. I'm no newbie to College Hockey though. I've followed Maine and Cornell since I was little and now Wisconsin since Blake Geoffrion grew up playing in the same league as me.

Yea I understand the terminology. It's the same for the NCAA basketball tournament. I just find myself sometimes referring to both as Final Four/Frozen Four tournaments. I'm no newbie to College Hockey though. I've followed Maine and Cornell since I was little and now Wisconsin since Blake Geoffrion grew up playing in the same league as me.

tied at 103 going into the game....bring it on predsssssss :sly:

Tootoo probably would be a fan favorite here. And we'd all be homers not realizing that what he does is usually dirty.

But thats just me. Im old fashion and prefer to see the guys square up the way they used to.

And then they should dig up some of Maltbys junior records as a 50 goal scorer! What a fun time that would be!

That being said, tootoo has more talent than a lot of enforcers/agitators.

I don't know what you're trying to say, Maltby has definately had a role in his career and has played a lot of games in the league