• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Saran

Red Wings Special Teams Problems

Rate this topic

We need to sort our PP's before our PK

Their puck cycling is attrocious, and their zone retention on offense is horrid, i counted them in the zone offensively not longer than 20 seconds, minus times when the puck was held up on the boards

speaking of ad's - The -VS.- comercial talking about 8th seed Oilers beating 1st seed Wings bothers me more than it probably should. Why play that one so many times during a Wings game?

complete thread derailment but - VS. ads piss me off.

They mention everyone and their sister and how they had this ailment and that problem, but NO FREAKING AD MENTIONING STEVIE!

The guy won a cup on 1 functioning knee.

spell Bourque, dislocated shoulder, blah blah - stupid commercials..

I think I just read in the Detroit Free Press that the Red Wings are looking for a power play and penalty kill that works. If you know who has one please overnight it to Detroit for game 5.

I mentioned in an different thread that we need a Shanny or Hull type standing in the middle with stick raised and ready to hit the one-timer in. Haven't seen that all year.

Edited by Spinner

Might be wrong, but I believe we are now last on the PK. And a horrible 8% on the PP.

Stop me if you heard this before, but Babcock is NOT making the changes he needs to. I'm assuming they work on special teams even more so now in practice, but you sure as hell can't tell. It's pathetic. Win this series - it's still going to be our downfall if Babcock does not adjust. <_<

That '7th' placing at yearend is vastly overstated. All year we were in the teens, and for a good part the high teens at that. We musta had that 7th number padded by playing all those CHI and COL games at the end.

Keep in mind (or dont) that last year our special teams were a combined FOUR last year - this year were a combined 28!!! TG were led 5 on 5. Our 'special' teams have been on the short bus all fookin year!

Well, due to low totals, the results are kinda skewed. If they score on their next powerplay, I think there % will go from 8% to 12%. Still pretty bad though.

If their struggles on PK and PP continue like this -- they wont make it out of this round? That's not pessimism -- that's cold hard reality.

i agree, calgary has scored 6 of their 8 goals on the PP! we just gonna get our PK sorted out, and shut them down cuz we havent had too many problems scoring goals on even strength, also if we get our PP rolling (i know we can do it) then i say its game over for the flamers.