• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
hckypete96

"the dominator"

Rate this topic

What goals are you calling Soft? The only goal i consider 'soft', or that I thought he probably shoulda had, is the goal by Iginla in game 3. The rest he was screened or the puck was deflected. I can't think of any others. He's made excellent saves to keep us in the game. it coulda been 5-2 yesterday.

Hes making the saves against breakaways, and I'm not going to bash him for letting in powerplay goals (except the Iginla incident), but the two full strength goals he let in we're easily within his skill to stop. He was positioned badly against the Iginla shot and allowed the opening on the far side.

As for the shot that was deflected, he needs to throw his entire body in front of the puck, not just a glove- ESPECIALLY when there's no one near you to tip anything in. They were two careless plays that led to two eventual losses.

Guest Crymson

Alright I know it's easy to blame the goalie.... and it's easy to push the panic button in these situations. I'm not panicking, just clarifying that somethings need to change.

1) Dom needs to stop his god damn antics. WTF was the point in swinging his stick at Iginla? It cost us a goal and a 5 on 3.

2) Dom needs to steal a game. He needs to play like the dominator that we all know he can play like. We saw it in 02, and we've seen it this season too. You need your goalie to steal games for u in the playoffs like Kipper has and like lots of goalie have.

If these things change, the wings will win the series IMO.

Way to blame the goalie. This smacks of an attempt at scapegoating Dom.

1) Even the CBC announcers clarified that the unsportsmanlike conduct penalty against Dom was horses***. Further, Dom did NOT "swing his stick at Iginla." He pointed it. Nice exaggeration in an attempt to scapegoat Dom.

2) Dom has let in two *questionable* goals. The first was Iginla's in game three, though that was an exceptionally good wrist shot from one of the best players in the game, and that player had just beaten the best defenseman on earth to boot. The second was Conroy's goal last night; one might argue that it's rather difficult to stop a puck when your own defensemen make a boneheaded move and attempt to block a shot taken from 3 feet away, thus removing any chance for the goalie to see the puck. Hasek was screened by Lebda and Lilja; it was rather remarkable that he saw the shot in the first place, but the deflection off of Lebda made it a very difficult save.

The other two goals last night? Try stopping someone who is allowed to receive a pass while two feet in front of your net. That takes utter luck, not skill. On Tuesday night? Again, you can pretty much blame the defense for dicking up on the power plays, but blame is silly.

Finally, it's rather difficult to "steal" a game when you only see 25 shots. Dom took nearly everything the Flames could throw at him in the first two games; he let in no stinkers. In game 3 he played well also, and yesterday he stopped 2 breakaways, again allowed by boneheaded defensive moves.

I see you've jumped on to the bandwagon with the rest of the disgruntled, angry, entitled suckers out there. Where's your head at?

Edited by Crymson

The problem with Dom's play has been soft goals, and if the Wings are going to win this series he is going to have to stop letting softies in. It's the same reason why Wings fans jumped on Legace, Cujo, Osgood, et al. Soft goals absolutely kill any team in the playoffs.

Soft goals soft goals looking for soft goals.... The only one I could (and have) hung on hasek so far was the Iggy one from the top of the face off circle unscreened. A defensive lapse... Sure was... a goal that he would normally have... Sure was.

The PP that helped us out to 2-0 starts in the both of the first two games... couldn't muster a goal in the last 2. They F'd with the puck too much.

The goals that buried us were on the special cirumstance 5on3 situation. Calling a 5-3 goal against soft (if that was the goals you were referring to) is pretty scapegoatish ;)