• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 shadow47

shadow47

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 01:37 PM

Did you guys catch the blown Schick call late last night? The Stars were on the powerplay trying to tie it with Luongo swimming and the Knucklehead defenseman intentionally knocked the net off. No call, and then seconds later a penalty to Dallas. It was sooooo blatant, pretty sad it was not called...I'm all for letting players play the game when it matters most but you cannot have guys knocking the net off whenever there's a loose puck. The Stars had the puck at the point, too, it's not as though it was heading down to Turco. That one call by RS might end up royally screwing Detroit.
Golman Dominik Hašek povede Eaton HC Pardubice na ligový titul 2009/2010!

#22 Icer

Icer

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,071 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 02:26 PM

Great news. No Frasier for the first round and now no McGeough. I always wonder how they still have jobs.

#23 superstarsingh

superstarsingh

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 02:43 PM

Great I hate that clown.

#24 Kp-Wings

Kp-Wings

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,844 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 03:19 PM

Wow this is excellent! Not only is McGeough gone, but so is Mike Leggo and Mike Hasenfratz, who could sometimes be equally as bad. This is great having them gone! cool.gif

Edited by Kp-Wings, 24 April 2007 - 03:20 PM.

#25 GodofHockeyStevieY19

GodofHockeyStevieY19

Mr. Detroit

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,273 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 03:22 PM

HA! Good. Horrible ref right there. Can't even believe he's still refing in the NHL. Put your glasses on Mr. McGOO.

#26 YoungGuns1340

YoungGuns1340

Johan and Henrik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,501 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 04:33 PM

Wasnt Mcreary the ref that gave game 4 to the Flamers on a silver platter?? Good to see hes back in it.
It is not your aptitude, but your attitude, that determines your altitude.

#27 Wings_Fan_In_Exile

Wings_Fan_In_Exile

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 04:39 PM

QUOTE(TheWestWing @ April 24, 2007 - 12:30PM) View Post

By reading this thread, 60% of the refs still doing games are bashed for one reason or another.

So its not just Mick - either most all refs suck or its just a slow day in here and you all need summin to whine about.....

I specifically hate Mick because he stands out to me more than the rest. It seems like the worst called games I've seen- in person and on TV, are called by him.

Good riddance.

I expect the calls in the playoffs to slowly improve. I remember last year round one seemed to be a penalty fest too and then slowly taper off as the playoffs got deeper. I hope that's what happens at least. Some of those hooking calls are so weak.
thanks offsides!

#28 sixer

sixer

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 04:40 PM

Anyone know what these guys make per game in the playoffs?

#29 Wings_Rule_1010

Wings_Rule_1010

LGRW!!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,489 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 04:54 PM

Sadly, this is the best news I have heard all day. I can't stand McGeough. thumbup.gif
Go Blue!!!

#30 Wings_Fan_In_Exile

Wings_Fan_In_Exile

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 05:26 PM

This amused me a bit too.

Fire NHL Referee Mick McGeough Petition

"2400 Total Signatures" Apparently we aren't the only ones...
thanks offsides!

#31 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,335 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 05:54 PM

QUOTE(TheWestWing @ April 24, 2007 - 03:30PM) View Post

By reading this thread, 60% of the refs still doing games are bashed for one reason or another.

So its not just Mick - either most all refs suck or its just a slow day in here and you all need summin to whine about.....

Yes, you nailed it. By your math there are 8.3 refs in the NHL. clap.gif

Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#32 TheLegend19

TheLegend19

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 08:06 AM

QUOTE(shadow47 @ April 24, 2007 - 02:37PM) View Post

Did you guys catch the blown Schick call late last night? The Stars were on the powerplay trying to tie it with Luongo swimming and the Knucklehead defenseman intentionally knocked the net off. No call, and then seconds later a penalty to Dallas. It was sooooo blatant, pretty sad it was not called...I'm all for letting players play the game when it matters most but you cannot have guys knocking the net off whenever there's a loose puck. The Stars had the puck at the point, too, it's not as though it was heading down to Turco. That one call by RS might end up royally screwing Detroit.

I noticed that, too. It was so obvious that he knocked the goal off, he should have been given an additional penalty (in addition to the one he didn't receive) for bad acting. As soon as it happened I was like "Delay of Game!" and then, during the replay, I noticed the Stars still had the puck!
stevienewjo4.gif

#33 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 08:09 AM

QUOTE(TheLegend19 @ April 25, 2007 - 08:06AM) View Post

I noticed that, too. It was so obvious that he knocked the goal off, he should have been given an additional penalty (in addition to the one he didn't receive) for bad acting. As soon as it happened I was like "Delay of Game!" and then, during the replay, I noticed the Stars still had the puck!

Definitely one of the most under-called penalties in the game. It's fast paced and there are bodies flying around everywhere, it seems pretty easy to get shoved into the net or tied up and push it off, but there needs to be someone around you to facilitate that. Ridiculous non-call.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#34 DrThunderer

DrThunderer

Jr. Prospect

• 28 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 09:04 AM

another article about the same topic...

Gold Watch!

#35 zata40

zata40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts