• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Defenseman13

Message from a Sharks fan

Rate this topic

redundant. you obviously can't admit error.

based on the majority of your posts, you can do no wrong.

i studied your posts since last night and several of them are

combative in nature, after which you retreat to this invulnerable

persona of "who... me?" since you're so well versed on emotional

disorders by your use of histrionic, you should also know your

defense is the best form of denial from a clinical standpoint.

pathetic. seriously, would it hurt you that much to think before you act?

be accountable to yourself and the etiquette of this forum, and for

pete's sake, please build your case on proven facts, not the

shameful "oh, but guess what happened last time" weightless debate.

the past is the past and it is in no way indicative of forecasting the

likely results of this series, and that goes for both sides.

i'm equally disturbed by my own allies that repeatedly carry on about

how well we've played san jose in the past... completely irrelevant.

what matters here is one thing and one thing only... how do these teams

match up this season. please stay in the present.

just stop replying to him..and im sure he will stop.

Wrong again

I came on perfectly reasonable. I have never once uttered a foul word or personal attack. In fact my posts were quite tame. As soon as I mentioned 'Sharks in 5' I was deluged with the worst kind of foul, personal attacks.

You're damn right I'm gonna respond.

You really need to step back and take a good hard look at your fellow posters. They have been on the attack since I got here...

this is what I'm referring to when I say the sjsharks.com boards are a disgrace, and here is someone from those boards. If you look over there, this is typical of what goes on. It's like someone farted in this thread and the whole thing stinks now. Thanks for hijacking.... please come again!

anyways....

I'm opening my first beer. It is cold and it is good. But I've got that feeling...that playoff hockey feeling. I was trying to describe it to a few of my friends, and the best way I could describe it is like when you're little and you're going to Disneyland. Or the night before you get your presents on Christmas Eve. This feeling escalates farther into the playoffs. Of course I've never been past the finals, but hey. Nothing in the room is red.... it has been removed. The Shark paraphanalia is being set up, the decorations in place. This will be my final post for a while, as it is in fact a Wings forum, and depending on the outcome of the game and how my "mojo" feels I may discuss what transpired.

I hope everyone is feeling the same way... I hope everyone has "the fever".

CHeers...here's to Playoff Hockey. Good luck everyone!!!!!!

this is what I'm referring to when I say the sjsharks.com boards are a disgrace, and here is someone from those boards. If you look over there, this is typical of what goes on. It's like someone farted in this thread and the whole thing stinks now. Thanks for hijacking.... please come again!

anyways....

I'm opening my first beer. It is cold and it is good. But I've got that feeling...that playoff hockey feeling. I was trying to describe it to a few of my friends, and the best way I could describe it is like when you're little and you're going to Disneyland. Or the night before you get your presents on Christmas Eve. This feeling escalates farther into the playoffs. Of course I've never been past the finals, but hey. Nothing in the room is red.... it has been removed. The Shark paraphanalia is being set up, the decorations in place. This will be my final post for a while, as it is in fact a Wings forum, and depending on the outcome of the game and how my "mojo" feels I may discuss what transpired.

haha. Good post. I know that feeling well. An hour to go, I'm even a little nervous.

GO WINGS!

Edited by Wings_Fan_In_Exile

Count me in as one of the non-trolling, Wings friendly Sharks fans. Love your boards (and that amazing Quest for the Cup wall that Matt created), and thanks for keeping the forum open to fans of opposing teams. Wish we did the same (so do many of the fans there), but I have zero pull where that's concerned.

anyways....

dont make a generalization of all the users on SJShaks.com message board. just because one poster is a little opinionated doesnt mean were all like that. idiot.

Edited by clamchop

I have nothing against the Sharks fans.

If we lose against the Sharks, I won't feel bitter or scornful. Unlike the Calgary Flames fans, I know when to move on with my life and stop posting bitter messages.

:clap: Flames made the Wings look better than they actually are....we seen the real wings team last night

I have no doubt the wingswill pull out at least one win

But this series will be over soon....Sharks in 5

:clap: Flames made the Wings look better than they actually are....we seen the real wings team last night

I have no doubt the wingswill pull out at least one win

But this series will be over soon....Sharks in 5

yeah did you watch the games?

don't get to cocky...we have done that before and gotten burned.

I'm opening my first beer. It is cold and it is good.

:crazy: Here's hoping tomorrow's tilt will feel a little more like playoff hockey .. .. on BOTH sides of the ice. Sheesh! :zzz:

hey all, first post here. I've known defensemen for a litle while through boards, myspace, etc.. stand up guy and glad to see such a good thread here, (less SamADelphia).

heh, the Sharks board is about 50 percent hockey and 50 percent randomness. People fight amongst each other on that board (myself included) more than we ever could with opposing teams' fans. It's sad. You should see Sam on the Sharks board - it's nothing but arguments with a few others. Sometimes it's entertaining, sometimes it's tedious. Never is it hockey related debates!

anyhow, a little hockey talk from me now, if you don't mind:

Sharks can't and don't expect to beat the wings in the same fashion as they did in game 1. Sharks are best protecting a lead when it's done at the other end. That's what they did so well in Nashville. I cant' imagine how frustrating that must have been for their fans! You saw spurts of this when Grier was out there but far too often the Sharks were content with clearing the puck and sitting back. Detroit got a plethora of shots but I give credit to the Sharks for blocking shot after shot, and then even more credit is due to nabokov. Sharks fans couldn't be more pleased with Nabby because the huge question mark with his play over the past year and a half has essentially disappeared.

Whether it's the Sharks or Wings to advance, there's one thing we can all agree on: THE DUCKS BETTER NOT MAKE IT TO THE SCF!!!! ughhhhhhhhh Sharks or wings, PLEASE.

Edited by Obsessed Sharks Fan

hey all, first post here. I've known defensemen for a litle while through boards, myspace, etc.. stand up guy and glad to see such a good thread here, (less SamADelphia).

good first post, welcome aboard, and i agree..if the ducks go through, i will be rooting for whoever comes out of this series to the SCF, wings obviously, but sharks if they move on

welcome to LGW, hope you find your time here to be well spent.

hey all, first post here.

welcome! i hope you enjoy your stay here. you and defenceman13 seems like two really nice guys! i hope you stick around here after the playoffs

I am totally impressed, a thread dedicated to Sharks' fans' comments.

I think all the posters on the SHSharks chat board have been looking forward to the series, particularly since Detroit isn't a dirty team. I have a feeling game two is going to be awfully intense.

Regarding our bickering posters on your forum, I just wanted to let you know that despite his gruff exterior, Sam is one of the most knowledgeable posters I have had the pleasure of chatting with. OSF, however, is an idiot new fan who believe he who shouts loudest is the winner.

I look forward to chatting with you as long as I am welcome, however I won't wear out my welcome.

Regarding our bickering posters on your forum, I just wanted to let you know that despite his gruff exterior, Sam is one of the most knowledgeable posters I have had the pleasure of chatting with. OSF, however, is an idiot new fan who believe he who shouts loudest is the winner.

you may have just destroyed your credibility. :hehe:

Hey Wing's fans. I guess you don't get that many Oilers or Preds fans (Sorry I just joined so I don't know what Flames fans are like).

Last year and this year we had some pretty nasty trolls from their teams on the SJSharks boards. Samadelphia was one of the boards "protectors" although he was fighting fire w/ fire (fine by me because some of the trolls deserved it IMHO)

Although this time I think Sam is off base here. The Sharks are a good team and I think they are better then the Wings as a whole especially with the injuries they have now. IMO, the lone factor the Wings have in their favor is the PO experience but that would really only work in a short series as the Sharks size could wear out the Wings older D by a 6th/7th game.

The Sharks taking the first game was not good for the Wings as they need some major Home ice advantage. RW has a plethora of options to use when he gets the last change.

Ironically I see the Wings "gentlemanly" play & playing the game the right way as actually their biggest detriment. The Sharks play a similar game (to nice in my book as they often don't finish the checks they have in front of them (save a few players, Grier & Clowe for example)). From what I've seen of the way the Wings play, they can rise up to any challenge and will play physical when forced to but usually aren't the ones "dishing" it out.

On that note I see the Wings experience and overall talent able to take a couple games but still I see the Sharks winning in 6.

I am totally impressed, a thread dedicated to Sharks' fans' comments.

I think all the posters on the SHSharks chat board have been looking forward to the series, particularly since Detroit isn't a dirty team. I have a feeling game two is going to be awfully intense.

I look forward to chatting with you as long as I am welcome, however I won't wear out my welcome.

well, well...

if it isn't the latest offering from sjsharks.com...

In case you missed the point of this post, it was my first post on these boards, and it was intended to fill in some gaps and give an introduction to the team for those who might not have followed us previously. This thread is not about Sharks fans, BTW.

I read this post over there....

http://boards.sjsharks.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1440

and I think that really sums up why I chose to register here for two weeks and talk some hockey instead of jumping into the high school clique that is the shark boards. Every thread I read eventually just turns into some pissing contest. You guys are so focused on who so and so is and what they said....WHO CARES! Talk hockey! Maybe I'm just not into posting on boards that much, or caring how many posts I have, or whatever drives you guys over there. At least I can have my little avatar and signature here. I do blame moderators though for letting the boards go down the last time... spammers/ads were being posted right and left, and the shsharks posters were not at fault. Good choice by closing your boards for playoffs.

My philosophies on treating other people come right from the game of hockey itself. Treat everyone with respect, and represent your team well. Any time an opposing fan comes into the Tan, you treat them with respect, get to know them, and even buy them a beer. Then when they go home, they can talk about what great people SJ fans are and what a great venue the Tank is. The same goes for anywhere in life.

So have fun.... lots of hockey ahead. Starting...yikes, at 12 noon tomorrow.

IPB Image

Edited by Defenseman13

Good post.

I have really enjoyed watching the Sharks this year, and my wife is in love with Jonathan Cheechoo. They're a great team, and I was hoping we would be meeting in the WCF, not now, because the thought of Anaheim winning it all makes me absolutely SICK.

The Sharks should win this series with their depth, but if Detroit can get healthy (and in a hurry), this will be a very competitive series.

Anaheim will NOT win it all!

Sharks in 5....

My philosophies on treating other people come right from the game of hockey itself. Treat everyone with respect, and represent your team well. Any time an opposing fan comes into the Tan, you treat them with respect, get to know them, and even buy them a beer. Then when they go home, they can talk about what great people SJ fans are and what a great venue the Tank is. The same goes for anywhere in life.

So have fun.... lots of hockey ahead. Starting...yikes, at 12 noon tomorrow.

IPB Image

no objections here. we lay out a welcome mat for all those that are willing to play by the rules.

great perspective. i can tell it will be good to have you around LGW.

3pm EST is coming around the corner...

heh, the Sharks board is about 50 percent hockey and 50 percent randomness. People fight amongst each other on that board (myself included) more than we ever could with opposing teams' fans. It's sad. You should see Sam on the Sharks board - it's nothing but arguments with a few others. Sometimes it's entertaining, sometimes it's tedious. Never is it hockey related debates!

anyhow, a little hockey talk from me now, if you don't mind:

Sharks can't and don't expect to beat the wings in the same fashion as they did in game 1. Sharks are best protecting a lead when it's done at the other end. That's what they did so well in Nashville. I cant' imagine how frustrating that must have been for their fans! You saw spurts of this when Grier was out there but far too often the Sharks were content with clearing the puck and sitting back. Detroit got a plethora of shots but I give credit to the Sharks for blocking shot after shot, and then even more credit is due to nabokov. Sharks fans couldn't be more pleased with Nabby because the huge question mark with his play over the past year and a half has essentially disappeared.

Whether it's the Sharks or Wings to advance, there's one thing we can all agree on: THE DUCKS BETTER NOT MAKE IT TO THE SCF!!!! ughhhhhhhhh Sharks or wings, PLEASE.

hey OSF! What's up. I prefer to think of you as my Myspace Sharks friend rather than from the boards.... you also have the best Sharks store on the net....

I might be up there for game 4, tickets have been sold out since last Tuesday though. LAME.

IPB Image

Edited by Defenseman13

Anaheim will NOT win it all!

Sharks in 5....

Depends Twisted, Anaheim rulled the roost between the Sharks & Wings, that's because they bullied their way when they couldn't out play... which was only when the 3rd / 4th line were out there and The twin powers were on the bench as well.

The Ducks will make quick work of the Canucks. I can only hope the Sharks can do the same w/ the Wings.

To that I'll add: This series will be the best WCF series this year. Highly talented players playing the game the right way; with just enough physicalty to prove this is PO hockey!

Sharks in 6