• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Aussiewing

To win the Stanley Cup

Rate this topic

I'm new to this because I'm Australian. Please correct me if I'm wrong but my opinion is this.

To win the Stanley Cup all you need is the following:

A Goalie save percentage of >91% and

Powerplay success of >20%.

Please responde.

[quote

Well our powerplay won't keep us in any series so far, so yes I dought we will skate away with the cup. I think we are 1 for 16 in this series, correct me if I am wrong.

youre pretty good at math!

You think that is good... THIS will blow you away!

That is 960 mins of responsible hockey. :)

I'm new to this because I'm Australian. Please correct me if I'm wrong but my opinion is this.

Please responde.

Most simply put, the only thing you need to win the Stanley Cup is sixteen victories in the playoffs, regardless of percentages of goal saves or power play successes. To see that PP success is not a factor, look no further than the Sharks' last round with the Predators. Both teams, but especially the Sharks, were abysmal on the PP, and yet the Sharks were able to win that series. It's possible for any team to win four series identical to that one and win the Cup. As for goalie save percentages, even that one doesn't hold up, because if two goalies from both teams had horrible games in a series, with a save percentage of 0%, then the series would be decided based on shots on net (given that a 0% save rating meant that every shot on net went in).

And hello from Up-over! I'm just north of you in China - lots of mates here from the land of OZ, and like you with the NHL, I'm just starting to learn the AMAZING sport of Australian rules footie. I've adopted the West Coast Eagles as my team, and don't really understand the rules yet, but it's starting to look like it will rank right up there with hockey for me, because it's INTENSE!!! Non-stop 60 minutes of play, with unbelievable strength, speed, agility and stamina required to play the game.

Cool that you're learning about hockey. I hope you love it. It's the same non-stop nature of hockey that put American football on the back burner for me, and it's also the same thing that is now drawing me into wanting to understand more about this crazy thing you all have out there called Aussie Rules Footie.

Edited by Grypho

Please responde.

+ 1000 shot blocks and apparently two AussieWings.