• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
hockeysattva

Feeling good about hockey again

Rate this topic

On ESPN I just read:

"This is hockey. This is playoff hockey, we're playing a great team that's not going to give up," San Jose head coach Ron Wilson said. "You guys are looking for way too much crap out there than just saying that there's two very good teams playing a great series. Whether we could have won the series 4-0 they easily can make the same claim as well. It's 2-2, best-of-three. If you'd have asked me before the series started I probably would have said it would be 2-2 and become a best-of-three."

I have been so frustrated with fans, and trash talking in the past days and weeks.

What he says is 100% true; the series could be over right now for either team, but it isn't.

I love hockey, and this reminds me why it is so exciting to watch.

I love the Wings (I really really do) but I am an even bigger fan of good games. I want the Wings to win, but should they lose, I will root for the Sharks -- they are a helluva team and they have been one-class-act.

I love the Wings (I really really do) but I am an even bigger fan of good games. I want the Wings to win, but should they lose, I will root for the Sharks -- they are a helluva team and they have been one-class-act.

Hear hear. I know a lot of fans can't get their minds around this, but if my team is going to be beaten, I want it to be by nothing but the best. I hear fans say that they want the opposition that defeats them to get destroyed in a subsequent round, and all I can think is, "Why, so you can be satisfied that they are losers, which would mean that your team was an even bigger loser for not being able to beat a loser?" I know the thought process doesn't go that deep. They're just thinking in the ***-for-tat mode of, "You hurt me, so I want to see you hurt," but when you think about it, that has nothing to do with either team.

Whichever team wins this series, I want that team to go on and take the Cup. If it's the Wings, then so be it; color me red for the rest of the season, and call me a Wings fan to the end. If the Road to the Cup isn't the one my team takes to the end, at the very least I want to be able to say that it went through the Sharks, and that we were defeated by no less than the eventual Stanley Cup Champions.