• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

drw13

Holmstrom Hit from Behind

Rate this topic

They are merely trying to point out Rob had a clear view of what was happening and could have held up. Thats the respect thing they're implying and i see where he could have held up. I don't see how it would have changed the end result,cause pronger clearly was gonna finish what he was doing regardless. I watched every playoff game last year and i don't recall pronger running guys at all. He finished his checks.

omg!

any person that says rob should have heldup and not hit holmstrom doesnt know hockey! im sorry but EVERY player in the nhl would have done the same thing as rob did. how is he suppose to know pronger was going to come barrling in and hit tomas? thats just freakin ridicilous that anyone would blame rob for even 1% of what happened. watch the video and look at rob he keeps both arms done and puts on a clean hit on tomas and barely even hits him compared to pronger.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=s7ZMRZCW9Xc

even though the poster of that video is an idiot for saying it was a great hit

just watch the video

Why not use the NBA suspension formula for this one: 2 games for Pronger, and a game each for the entire wings bench for standing up after the hit.

In all honesty, the most I can see is a one game suspension by the league and I hope they are wise enough to see the necessity of it. If unpunished it will only open the door for retribution against Pronger, and escalating goonery thereafter. Not especially the way I want to see this series end.

I can't say I agree that Rob's hit was clean. It was still from behind, but it probably should have only been 2 mins. Pronger for sure deserves a suspension for what he did, that was just inexcusable.

And as kind of an aside, even though most of us hate Pronger, try to remember what it was like at the Joe when he blocked Nick's shot and collapsed a lung (at least I think that's what happened) and compare it to how the Ducks' fans reacted to a cheap shot that injured Homer.

so i dont know hockey because i am defending rob niedermeyer because he nothing to do with the hit and you wings fans (not all) are trying make him look bad when had little part in the play. if you have ever played hockey you know that it is so easy to make a quick mistake and make the wrong choice. i mean i hate to bring this up but you guys have a player on your team that made one of the biggest misjudements in nhl history so of all people to understand this i would think it would be wings fans. i think it is unfair to say that pronger was hitting holmstrom with intention of seriously hurting him and ending his career. NONE of you know what goes on in his head and it is unfair to pronger to say that he was intentionally trying to hurt holmstrom. so talk about respect? try respecting a player and finding out what truely going on in his mind before you make a quick judgement about someone

Show me where I ever said you didn't know anything about hockey? That's right, I didn't. All I said, in reference to your post where you personally insulted me, was that with posts like that you sound like a typical Duckie. Take that as you will. It had nothing to do with your defense of Robby, in fact, if you read my posts on this thread, I've never said anything about him. So where do you get that from?

I have played hockey at a higher level than most, I'm a dman, I know what I am talking about. We aren't talking about a quick mistake. Bertuzzi's hit on Moore wasn't a quick mistake. Pronger knew exactly what he was doing, he was trying to hurt Homer. The same with Bert, he was trying to hurt Moore. Now to what degree where they trying to hurt the other players? No one will ever really know. You can't sit there and honestly tell me that Pronger did that on accident. He drove Homers head into the glass with his forarm, elbow, and glove. That is malicious. He should get suspended. Take your homer lenses off and look at it as a fan of hockey. It was ugly. Pronger deserves at least a 2 game suspension, but again, I'd be surprised if he gets anything.

So ive been reading up on here and found a couple people saying Anaheims fans have no class and they should be ashamed of this,and other stuff...well i was at the game, so usually when an opposing players gets hit hard on your ice, you cheer...correct?...orignially thats what people were doing, no one really knew the extent of the injury to holmstrom until he was down on the ice for a couple mins, believe it or not majority of people were clapping when he skated back to the bench..so for the people who said anaheim fans had no class, u were on your couch watching the game..dont talk trash about the fans when u werent even in the arena..im just irritated i guess..pronger definetly deserved a suspension, game 4 should be interesting...