• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

raasc1dj

If Hasek were to retire...

Rate this topic

we did not win that game it was an ot winner by langanbruner

Ah yes you are right, we did lose the game... but luckily in hockey playoffs its a series made of a race to 4 games... the most the starts got was one other win, just like the first 2 rounds. I tend to look at the positive sides... you know shutting out Dallas 2-0 in Game 6, just as he did in Game 1.

and also... what does the captain know anyways:

"He played a great game in Game 5," Red Wings' captain Steve Yzerman said. "The overtime goal, it wasn't a bad goal. It was a fluky goal. He played great, and he knows when he plays well and when he doesn't play well" and goes on to say, "Obviously, he wasn't happy with the goal. But he's a tough guy and a strong competitor. We don't have any doubts about the guy. He's proven himself to us."

I saw a few OT and regulation stinkers this past playoff run also and Ozzie wasn't even on the ice... go figure! Hard to believe, I know, but it happens to the best of them. Its how you rebound which is key and Ozzie came back and pitched a perfect game.

Edited by OsGOD

Do you honestly think Stevie Y would call out a teammate in the media. That is what makes him the Captain he knows better than to call a teammate out, in the locker room (Not that I was there, this is hypothetical) he may have said something completely different to Ozzie or anyone else on the team.

Asking Yzerman about whether or not a teammate cost the team the game would be like asking Bill Belichek about how good or bad an opponent played. The answer will most often be lip service.