• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeyCrazy3033

Game 1 SCF: Ottawa Senators at Anaheim Ducks

Rate this topic

And that wasn't a dirty game. There were a lot of phantom calls going against the Ducks too.

Puck bunny happy? I was jumping for joy. We've never lead in an SCF series. Plus, I always raise my arms like that after a win, and I'm playing rec right now. Some people just show more emotion than others. It's ok ;)

Nothing wrong with being very excited in the Finals, good for Giggy. Where in Floirda do you live? I'm in Ocala, or SlOwcala as I like to call it.

its nice for some of you wing fans to get a look at the ducks w/o them playing the wings...most people are realizing they are for real, this isnt just some lucky team to get here.....good teams find ways to win and thats exactly what anaheim has done all year...if the ducks can stop taking stupid penalities ottawa will have no chance in this....

I think that your underestimating the Senators a little bit. Speaking for myself , I have never said that the Ducks are a bad team . But I have said that until they met the Wings . The Ducks had it pretty easy in the Playoff's. I also think that the turning point in the Wings V Ducks series ,was the non call for to many men on the ice at the end of game 5 that should have led to a penalty for the Ducks and quite possibly resulted in the Ducks not scoring and taking the game into OT. that non call changed the momentum to the Ducks favour in the series. it's thing's like this that makes most Wings fans wanting the Sens to win the Cup.

I think that your underestimating the Senators a little bit. Speaking for myself , I have never said that the Ducks are a bad team . But I have said that until they met the Wings . The Ducks had it pretty easy in the Playoff's. I also think that the turning point in the Wings V Ducks series ,was the non call for to many men on the ice at the end of game 5 that should have led to a penalty for the Ducks and quite possibly resulted in the Ducks not scoring and taking the game into OT. that non call changed the momentum to the Ducks favour in the series. it's thing's like this that makes most Wings fans wanting the Sens to win the Cup.

I was SUPER angry about the (by my count) 4X 'too many mens' until my SabreFriend told me that there were at least two 'too many mens' by DET that weren't called during that game-- one in which the puck was in play by us.

(Disclaimer: she HATES the Wings, looks for every lil thing they do wrong. It can be enlightening for me to take off my homer glasses and listen to her, but she's a PITA when it comes to the Wings. And their diving. And the refs, she's kompletely Konspiratsia re reffing... BUF fans have that right I guess (see NO GOAL).

[edited to correct spelling from "feffing" to "reffing"-- maybe I shoulda left it alone, "feffing" cracks me up. But then I'm all too easily amused]

Edited by RedRockit

Nothing wrong with being very excited in the Finals, good for Giggy. Where in Floirda do you live? I'm in Ocala, or SlOwcala as I like to call it.

I live in Hillsborough county :P I've heard of Ocala. I just moved here from SoCal, so I'm not too familiar with the area.

http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister/homep...cle_1711295.php

First the Wings fans paper Giguere's house and now this?

Relax, I know you and your fans didn't have anything to do with it...very sad for the Duck though.

*sez scornfully* Ahhh, these lame Duck fans, they think everything is all about THEIR team....

Ehmm, whattayamean, "The West Wing" innit about Homer and Zetts?!

http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister/homep...cle_1711295.php

First the Wings fans paper Giguere's house and now this?

Relax, I know you and your fans didn't have anything to do with it...very sad for the Duck though.

:( Poor Duck , What kind of person does a thing like that. :angry:

*sez scornfully* Ahhh, these lame Duck fans, they think everything is all about THEIR team....

Ehmm, whattayamean, "The West Wing" innit about Homer and Zetts?!

I know that this reply was about a serious post but I LMAO when I saw this.

.............."The West Wing"!! :lol:

Lou, you have to admit the Ducks have been just a bit lucky. The Niedermayer goal to tie up game 5, bouncing off Lids' stick, cmon. The Ducks have gotten a couple of wins in games they should've lost. However, lady luck is a huge part of winning in the playoffs and the Ducks are benefiting from it. But, luck isn't everything. The Ducks seem to just keep on coming shift after shift and they never change up what they do. I give them alot of credit for that.

Every team gets fluky/cheap goals though, hell the Wings had some as well...and even were the beneficiaries of one that completely turned the tide of a series. Not to mention the 2 off Beauchemin in game 1. I guess im just a little annoyed that the perception most seem to have is that the Ducks are just the luckiest team in the history of the NHL and dont belong in the Finals. Yet theyve only lost 4 games total so far. You dont accomplish this without being a great team no matter how many bounces you get. I know you arent knocking them, just speaking in general here.

The Wings were prepared because they faced 2 physical teams in Calgary and San Jose. Ottawa faced Pitt, NJ and Buffalo who do not play physical at all. I also think the extra long layoff hurt the Sens. They were off for longer than the Ducks were. I think Ottawa wins the next one but each time I predict the Ducks to lose they end up winning.

Funny that for someone who accused me of not watching games in another thread, you go and say the Pittsburgh/Ottawa series wasnt physical.

Edited by Lou_Siffer

Guest ZDH

Every team gets fluky/cheap goals though, hell the Wings had some as well...and even were the beneficiaries of one that completely turned the tide of a series. Not to mention the 2 off Beauchemin in game 1. I guess im just a little annoyed that the perception most seem to have is that the Ducks are just the luckiest team in the history of the NHL and dont belong in the Finals. Yet theyve only lost 4 games total so far. You dont accomplish this without being a great team no matter how many bounces you get. I know you arent knocking them, just speaking in general here.

Funny that for someone who accused me of not watching games in another thread, you go and say the Pittsburgh/Ottawa series wasnt physical.

How nice of you to put words in my mouth guy. When the hell did I say the Pitt/Ottawa series was not physical? Oh yeah you made it up. If you tell me Pitt is a physical team then I'll laugh my ass off. Even if they were somewhat physical, they are nowhere near Calgary and San Jose physical. That was my whole point. As usual you missed it. Nice try. Next.

How nice of you to put words in my mouth guy. When the hell did I say the Pitt/Ottawa series was not physical? Oh yeah you made it up. If you tell me Pitt is a physical team then I'll laugh my ass off. Even if they were somewhat physical, they are nowhere near Calgary and San Jose physical. That was my whole point. As usual you missed it. Nice try. Next.

Dude, do you not even realizing what you're posting?

from you:

The Wings were prepared because they faced 2 physical teams in Calgary and San Jose. Ottawa faced Pitt, NJ and Buffalo who do not play physical at all.

Obvious translation: None of Ottawa's 3 series were physical up till this point. Hence you saying they werent prepared for a physical game against Anaheim. No other way to take it.

Dude, do you not even realizing what you're posting?

from you:

The Wings were prepared because they faced 2 physical teams in Calgary and San Jose. Ottawa faced Pitt, NJ and Buffalo who do not play physical at all.

Obvious translation: None of Ottawa's 3 series were physical up till this point. Hence you saying they werent prepared for a physical game against Anaheim. No other way to take it.

I would disagree...the first series against Pitts was very physical and the series with Buffalo in a couple of the games was hard hitting as well. The only thing is the opponent couldn't match Ottawa's physical game. The Pittsburghe series was the most physical as most of the players were hit hard (i.e., Eaves was injured in this series). Anaheim so far has upped the ante and we will see in tonights game if they can respond back. Ottawa has not lost back to back games since December so I like there chances in tonights game. This will be tough series for Ottawa to win but they can if they exploit Anaheims weaknesses (penalties, maybe resulting in suspensions, only team to have two suspensions in one playoffs) and upping their game and using their team speed to beat them.

Edited by ladybugblue

No, but it IS his fault he's the biggest tool ever. Seriously, the 1st time I saw him, my brother and I just cracked up.

The biggest tool ever was the guy who flipped off the Ducks on national TV after Selanne smoked Hasek in Game 5 OT. Nice.

I would disagree...the first series against Pitts was very physical and the series with Buffalo in a couple of the games was hard hitting as well. The only thing is the opponent couldn't match Ottawa's physical game. The Pittsburghe series was the most physical as most of the players were hit hard (i.e., Eaves was injured in this series). Anaheim so far has upped the ante and we will see in tonights game if they can respond back. Ottawa has not lost back to back games since December so I like there chances in tonights game. This will be tough series for Ottawa to win but they can if they exploit Anaheims weaknesses (penalties, maybe resulting in suspensions, only team to have two suspensions in one playoffs) and upping their game and using their team speed to beat them.

You're not disagreeing with me. The comment thats bolded is something ZDH wrote that i was referring back to. Pittsburgh/Ottawa was the most physical series ive seen so far.