• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
LeftWinger

Draft Day is Friday, June 22nd

Rate this topic

Cherepanov will crack top 5, and a highly possible top 3. I don't know though, what makes you think he won't go top 10?

Brady Quinn was supposed to go #1 overall in the NFL draft last year, and he dropped all the way to #22 overall. I'm not comparing Quinn to Cherepanov, and the NFL is a whole different story, but it wouldn't be unheard of to see it happen.

The lack of a transfer agreement totally kills Cherepanov. It just does. He probably should be the #1 overall choice, but I really don't think teams want to go through trying to sneak him over like Pittsburgh did with Malkin or the Wings did with Fedorov. It's just too much of a hassle. Besides, the Blackhawks have enough problems to worry about trying to become a respectable team again, so the issues with Cherepanov would just become even more of a distration.

We have 27th overall, I wouldn't mind picking up this guy.

26. Lars Eller

Position: Center

Shoots: Left

Date of Birth: May 8, 1989

Height: 6’-0â€Â

Weight: 198 LBS

06-07 League: Sweden Jr.

06-07 Team: Frolunda Jr.

Stats: 39 GP 18 G 37 A 55 PTS

Strengths: A good skater, Lars possesses that extra gear that is needed to be a goal scorer in the NHL Has a good shot selection and can score many different ways. Very quick, accurate wrist shot. Protects the puck well and is surprisingly strong. Plays an offensive game but can and will play both ways when needed. Rises up when put under pressure. Lars is not afraid to drive to the net or play in traffic areas. Plays the body whenever he can. Great attitude and work ethic. Has nice playmaking ability to compliment his finishing skills.

Weakness: Not a lot of weakness in this player, if any. He could use more strength and maybe work on his foot speed, but like I said he is a very complete prospect without glaring holes.

NHL Potential: First line scoring winger.

Boom or Bust Potential: Low risk, will develop into one of the best players to come out of this draft.

Extra Note: I like Lars a lot and think he could slip into the top 10 this June, one of the best Danish prospects in many years.