• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BringHomeTheCup!

Predators not being sold?

Rate this topic

First, the length of time the teams has been around is irrelevant. What is relevant is the intrest in the sport in each area. And yes, there is much higher intrest in hockey here, than in Tennessee.

I just want to confirm that you believe that the interest level in a team/sport for a particular area is not impacted by the length of time the team/sport is in that area. The interest level in Detroit for hockey is not influenced in any way from the several generations of people that have grown up watching the sport?

As that goes against all common sense, what logic are you using for that assertion (assuming I read you correctly)?

Thanks.

David Singleton

PredNation.com

Edited by drsingle

I just want to confirm that you believe that the interest level in a team/sport for a particular area is not impacted by the length of time the team/sport is in that area. The interest level in Detroit for hockey is not influenced in any way from the several generations of people that have grown up watching the sport?

As that goes against all common sense, what logic are you using for that assertion (assuming I read you correctly)?

Thanks.

David Singleton

PredNation.com

No, that's not what I meant. What I meant was simply this. The fact that the Preds have been in Nashville only 10 years doesn't matter, it's the level of intrest in the sport in the particular area.

I realize that the length of time a sport has been in the area has a direct effect on the intrest level. However, we aren't talking about the type of crowds the Preds could draw if they had 10 more seasons to work with. We are talking about the current state of the Preds in Nashville.

Regardless, there really isn't many people who can say that they are 3rd or 4th generation die hard Wings fans. For the most part, the Wings have gotten as big as they are over the last 12 years. Remember the Dead Things era? The only difference between the Wings of then, and the Preds of today is the Wings are an Original 6 team, and that alone will keep them in Detroit forever.

I just don't see how keeping the Preds in Nashville helps out the NHL at all. Moving them to a stronger hockey market, however would help out the NHL greatly.

I love the analogy.... But I thought potatoes grew in Siberia. How else do they get all that vodka? Seriously, though, don't they?

Potatoes grow just fine in Siberia. Better than they do in Tennesee, Florida, or Georgia (state of). :P

Apples grow fine too.

And most improtantly, Urals and Siberia is where the majority of the Russian hockey players come from. :)

Potatoes grow just fine in Siberia. Better than they do in Tennesee, Florida, or Georgia (state of). :P

Apples grow fine too.

And most improtantly, Urals and Siberia is where the majority of the Russian hockey players come from. :)

Ok, then we will go with Antartica. Potatoes don't grow there, and I don't think any NHL player have ever come from there lol

Here's where we have to agree to disagree then. People aren't going to jump to a team or a sport overnight. I think the Preds have done well in only 10 years. They ice a great team (this year? err, maybe not so much) and are very competitive. It's been mentioned a million times that they don't have the corporate support that other teams enjoy - we'll have to see if the 'save the Preds' groundswell does anything to change that.

I think you'd see a vastly different sales figure for the Joe if they didn't have the corporate support. If people can't bother to show up for their free seats, they certainly wouldn't be buying the tickets. It disgusts me to see the NUMEROUS empty seats.

No, that's not what I meant. What I meant was simply this. The fact that the Preds have been in Nashville only 10 years doesn't matter, it's the level of intrest in the sport in the particular area.

Here's where we have to agree to disagree then. People aren't going to jump to a team or a sport overnight. I think the Preds have done well in only 10 years. They ice a great team (this year? err, maybe not so much) and are very competitive. It's been mentioned a million times that they don't have the corporate support that other teams enjoy - we'll have to see if the 'save the Preds' groundswell does anything to change that.

I think you'd see a vastly different sales figure for the Joe if they didn't have the corporate support. If people can't bother to show up for their free seats, they certainly wouldn't be buying the tickets. It disgusts me to see the NUMEROUS empty seats.

!0 years isn't overnight. And it isn't like the Preds have been the laughing stock of the league or something. They have been pretty good. Especially for an expansion team.

I don't think icing a competitive team has anything to do with the city the Preds are in. Rather, it has everything to do with having an owner willing to spend $$.

In the salary cap era, there is no excuse for not icing a good team, at least on paper.

I guess we will have to disagree. However, you can't deny that the team would do better in Hamilton. There is no doubt about that.