• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

d-city

Would you like these lines?

Rate this topic

It's funny how on one hand you use Rex's one decent season as a positive, but ignore Torres's HUGE playoff as just 'one good playoff'.

Straw house....

LOL ........i never over praised hudler like you guys are over praising torres, he had a pretty good playoff run but hes not playoff proven , you guys are niave if you believe one good run makes you proven playoff guy , and i never said hudler was great and i never over praised him , facts are he did get 15 goals with basically no ice time and no real linemates so why is that a stretch to belive he would put up way better numbers with more minutes and better teammates ?

Torres is a gritty player like you said , he will be a 3rd line player for most of his career , hudler can be a 2nd line player and powerplay guy , and you keep forgetting the fact that i threw in meech in the deal , hes not a superstar but it is an extra body and a guy who is nhl ready

Edited by kindlwillbegreat

LOL ........i never over praised hudler like you guys are over praising torres, he had a pretty good playoff run but hes not playoff proven , you guys are niave if you believe one good run makes you proven playoff guy , and i never said hudler was great and i never over praised him , facts are he did get 15 goals with basically no ice time and no real linemates so why is that a stretch to belive he would put up way better numbers with more minutes and better teammates ?

Torres is a gritty player like you said , he will be a 3rd line player for most of his career , hudler can be a 2nd line player and powerplay guy , and you keep forgetting the fact that i threw in meech in the deal , hes not a superstar but it is an extra body and a guy who is nhl ready

You are guilty of giving Rex too much praise. He played a lot with Lang, who yeah, isn't great but he is a good setup man. Rex won't incease his scoring proportionately. Just like Torres, he is a 3rd line guy. No way he is on a 2nd line. Well, maybe in Phoenix, but even that is a stretch. He isn't that fast, he isn't gritty. He does have a good shot, and hands. But he has watched Lang too much.

BTW, again, Meech being 'NHL ready' is a matter of opinion. And again, I pose the question, if he is 'NHL ready', why was it Quincey called up, and not Meech during the playoffs?

You are guilty of giving Rex too much praise. He played a lot with Lang, who yeah, isn't great but he is a good setup man. Rex won't incease his scoring proportionately. Just like Torres, he is a 3rd line guy. No way he is on a 2nd line. Well, maybe in Phoenix, but even that is a stretch. He isn't that fast, he isn't gritty. He does have a good shot, and hands. But he has watched Lang too much.

BTW, again, Meech being 'NHL ready' is a matter of opinion. And again, I pose the question, if he is 'NHL ready', why was it Quincey called up, and not Meech during the playoffs?

quincey is better then meech obviously , plus we had too many defensemen up to give him a chance , we like to stick with what we know instead of giving the kids a chance , which is why we got 3 guys near or over 40 in the back end , plus we got kindl ahead of meech on the chart , and id rather give ericcsson a chance cause we already have enough puck moving defencemen ......

as for hudler he can be a 2nd line player in the league i believe , hes got the offensive talent to do so , put him on a team with 2 bigger guys on his line and he will produce , 15 goals this year proves hes got the potential to be a 25+ scorer given the chance , again lets agree to disagree on the hudler situation , he doesnt have to worry about having lang on the team to influence him anymore as you say

Line1: Zetterberg 2.65mill -Datsyuk 6.7mill -Holmstrom 2.25mill ----(11.6m)

Line2: Kozlov 3.5mill -Smyth 5.5mill- Grigorenkor 858.8K ------ (9.8588mill)

Checking line3: Maltby 883K -Draper 2.128mill -Cleary 663K ------- (3.674mill)

Line4: Kopecky 500K -Filppula 733K -Franzen 942K -------- (2.175mill)

EXTRA: Hudler(577 K) & Samuelsson (1.2mill)

Pairing1: Lidstrom (7.6mill) - Tanabe (1.5mill) ------ (9.1mill)

Pairing 2:Kronwall (3.0mill) - Preissing (1.5mill) ------ (4.5mil)

Paring 3:Chelios (1.15mill) -Lebda (650K) (1.80mill)

EXTRA: Lilja 1.0mill , Quincey & Meech(500k)

46.677Million all together without goalies

Hasek (2.5mill)

Osgood (850 K)

3.35mill

All together could equal & Wings carry $1.2 MM from bonuses

50.027+1.2 =

51.227----TOTAL

AND WHAT WOULD YOU CHANGE?????

Interesting. Personally i'd rather put Bertuzzi in there for Kozlov. I bet we could sign Todd for somewhere around 3 mill.

I think Kozlov will get a deal closer to 4, and Ryan Smyth will command 6 on the FA market. Someone will dish out big cash for this guy.

But hey, its always a possibility right? D looks pretty solid.

Torres is a proven NHL player. Rex is not. Torres is a proven NHL playoff preformer. Rex is not.

Torres>Rex (x10)

I saw Torres play every night here in Edmonton last season. The guy was a bust. His '07 season was riddled by dumb penalties and generally poor play.

If there is one guy on the Oilers who I cant stand, its Torres. I can't wait till the Oilers ship him out of town. Some poor team is going to get fooled by his 27 goal season last year, I just hope its not the Wings.

Hudler is a completely different player. While he lacks the physicality that Torres brings to the game, he put up similar numbers as Torres did this year (same # of goals, 9 fewer assists), with limited ice time and 8 fewer games. While Torres's play earned him several stints on the 4th line here in Edmonton, the majority of his time was on the second and third lines. Hulder is also 2 years younger and 3 NHL season's behind Raffi.

I think from an offensive stand point they are fairly even. But you are correct about the potential physical presence of Torres - although this year he really failed to assert himself (save from that huge hit Jason Williams early this season). The fans really got on him in Rexall for his uninspired play.

think we are all tired of players with questionable work ethic and motivation.

I also hope this fascination with signing Kozlov goes away. Soon. He was nowhere in the playoffs last year, did not even register a point and he is 10 years removed from his average playoff years as a Wing.

Guest Crymson

erik cole is worth more then hudler ...........torres i wouldnt say hes 10 times worth hudler, hudler got the same amount of goals in less games,less minutes and im sure less offensivly talented linemates ..... plus your forgetting to add meech so its 2 players ;) ...and cole isnt the player going to philadelphia's way in that trade

Are you saying that ANY general manager in the league will see Hudler as even remotely Torres`s equal? Torres is a FAR more complete player than Hudler. Are you really being serious here?

Meech is useless. Do you know those trades you make in NHL 07 or 2K7? Well, Meech would add zero bars to the the other team's "interest" meter on the trade.

just curious ...........would anyone here trade samuelsson for martin lapointe ?? , we need more grit and yes lapointe is making 2.4 but i do believe its his last year

NO. You have already made another topic about this. No, NO NO.

Ahh, yes.. Filpulla, Calder and Lang are "no real linemates."

Saying that Hudler is nearly equal in worth to Pitkanen is praise enough.

Tell that to the league's GMs--be sure to have a chalkboard and some chalk so you can tally up the laughs you'll get.

its one playoffs , you cant say a guy is playoff proven after one year , if he doesnt make it to the playoffs in the next 15 yrs , you cant say hes still playoff proven , hes gotta make it in more then just one time and perform more then once ........and john druce was everything , sorry to burst your bubble but he had a way better year in the playoffs then torres, he was washingtons guy

1989-90 WAS NHL 15 14 3 17 23

14 goals in 15 games , never did anything in the playoffs again , yet i wouldnt call him a "proven playoff guy" like you guys are to torres

Funny, meanwhile you use Lapointe's one good playoff season to say that he consistently performed in the playoffs for the Wings.

Edited by Crymson

I saw Torres play every night here in Edmonton last season. The guy was a bust. His '07 season was riddled by dumb penalties and generally poor play.

If there is one guy on the Oilers who I cant stand, its Torres. I can't wait till the Oilers ship him out of town. Some poor team is going to get fooled by his 27 goal season last year, I just hope its not the Wings.

Hudler is a completely different player. While he lacks the physicality that Torres brings to the game, he put up similar numbers as Torres did this year (same # of goals, 9 fewer assists), with limited ice time and 8 fewer games. While Torres's play earned him several stints on the 4th line here in Edmonton, the majority of his time was on the second and third lines. Hulder is also 2 years younger and 3 NHL season's behind Raffi.

I think from an offensive stand point they are fairly even. But you are correct about the potential physical presence of Torres - although this year he really failed to assert himself (save from that huge hit Jason Williams early this season). The fans really got on him in Rexall for his uninspired play.

think we are all tired of players with questionable work ethic and motivation.

I also hope this fascination with signing Kozlov goes away. Soon. He was nowhere in the playoffs last year, did not even register a point and he is 10 years removed from his average playoff years as a Wing.

wow someone else who isnt over praising torres ........thank you :), and dont worry about the oilers they drafted really well this year , theyll have a real good team in a few yrs

Are you saying that ANY general manager in the league will see Hudler as even remotely Torres`s equal? Torres is a FAR more complete player than Hudler. Are you really being serious here?

Meech is useless. Do you know those trades you make in NHL 07 or 2K7? Well, Meech would add zero bars to the the other team's "interest" meter on the trade.

NO. You have already made another topic about this. No, NO NO.

Ahh, yes.. Filpulla, Calder and Lang are "no real linemates."

Saying that Hudler is nearly equal in worth to Pitkanen is praise enough.

Tell that to the league's GMs--be sure to have a chalkboard and some chalk so you can tally up the laughs you'll get.

Funny, meanwhile you use Lapointe's one good playoff season to say that he consistently performed in the playoffs for the Wings.

im telling you that any general manager will see the potential in what hudler can do offensivly on there team that torres cant ,meech even though he didnt play a game yet can be a depth defensemen , cory cross too wouldnt get much on nhl 07 but yet were still paying for him to this day lol

i made another topic cause no one answered my question and people are talking about it on the topic so it seems although you dont wanna talk about it or read my topic others do , if my topics or posts bother you do us both a favour and block me , no ones forcing you to read what i or anyone else says on this board

filppula is a real line mate , but filppula also moved around alot , calder is such a good linemate that hes not coming back , same with lang , plus hudler never really played with those guys all season , he was moved around alot

i didnt just bring up lapointe's one good playoff run , he played better for us then just one season , incase you forgot he won 2 cups with us , maybe he didnt score alot of goals but he was physical and gritty which is what we need, and he like maltby and draper scored some big goals , yes he played awful in boston but so did everyone else , the team expected too much of maltby for the salary they gave him , which was there fault

Guest Crymson

filppula is a real line mate , but filppula also moved around alot , calder is such a good linemate that hes not coming back , same with lang , plus hudler never really played with those guys all season , he was moved around alot

i didnt just bring up lapointe's one good playoff run , he played better for us then just one season , incase you forgot he won 2 cups with us , maybe he didnt score alot of goals but he was physical and gritty which is what we need, and he like maltby and draper scored some big goals , yes he played awful in boston but so did everyone else , the team expected too much of maltby for the salary they gave him , which was there fault

Calder played fabulous during the regular season, and Hudler was on his line. Lang, Hudler and Calder anchored the Wings while Zatta, Homer etc were out at various times near the end of the season, and it was in this time that Hudler saw much of his production. Again: watch more hockey.

We can do better than Lapointe, for cheaper. Why are you so stuck on this? Bringing him back will not bring back the success we had in '97 and '98.

Calder played fabulous during the regular season, and Hudler was on his line. Lang, Hudler and Calder anchored the Wings while Zatta, Homer etc were out at various times near the end of the season, and it was in this time that Hudler saw much of his production. Again: watch more hockey.

We can do better than Lapointe, for cheaper. Why are you so stuck on this? Bringing him back will not bring back the success we had in '97 and '98.

calder had a nice stretch but wasnt effective towards the end and stunk in the post season, he didnt spend his whole season here which means hudler didnt play every game with him , maybe you should watch more hockey , i watch every wings game

like i mentioned 3 times already if your so hellbent on not having lapointe here and think we can do better then name me another guy who can score 10-15 during the season , be physical,gritty and in your face and able to stand up to other guys and drop the gloves if need be

calder had a nice stretch but wasnt effective towards the end and stunk in the post season, he didnt spend his whole season here which means hudler didnt play every game with him , maybe you should watch more hockey , i watch every wings game

like i mentioned 3 times already if your so hellbent on not having lapointe here and think we can do better then name me another guy who can score 10-15 during the season , be physical,gritty and in your face and able to stand up to other guys and drop the gloves if need be

Arron Asham