• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Aussie_Wing

Wimbledon 2007

Rate this topic

Federer's 1st serve % was about 70% and he served about 26 aces and as many un-returnables. He managed to serve big when it mattered most; down 15-40 and both 1-1 and 2-2 in the final set. If Nadal took one of these points it would have been game over, but Federer's serve came up big again. Nadal outplayed him in the rallies, don't think anyone can deny that. At the end of the 4th set the rallies were roughly 100-70 in favour of Nadal. Nadal was the superior player but couldn't quite take his chances.

You don't think one's serving ability is an ever so slightly important component of one's all-around game? Sampras wouldn't have won a single title without his serve and you're holding Roger's serve against him?

Nadal is an amazing runner with an incredible ability to get balls back in play, but Federer is no slouch himself in that department. Add in the service game and you have Roger being the all-around superior player. There several players in every facet of tennis that are better than Roger at whatever particular skill, but there is no one as good in every single facet of the game. Plus, I guess the most important factor is that Roger is clutch as hell. If a point or game is important I wouldn't bet against Roger winning it. Definitely not at Wimbledon.

I'm sorry Aussie,Ana lost as soon as I joined her bandwagon.

But thank God Rico Suave didn't win! :thumbup:

I'm not a fan of Federer either,but he clearly is the lesser of two evils.

Edited by FinRedWing