• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Yzerfan1999

Wings wont be aggressive

Rate this topic

It sounds like they are just working on the contract length with Bert....I'm optimistic that they'll work something out and he'll be back.

I hope so. I think Bert's a great player, and could have a comeback season, just like Hasek had this year.

http://blog.mlive.com/redwingsinsider/2007..._not_far_a.html

One second he's close with Bert and the next he's going to let him test the market? He will be snatched JUST LIKE THAT.

What? Where does it say Bertuzzi is going to test the market?

Holland said he's talked to Todd Bertuzzi's agent, Pat Morris, just about every day this week. The Wings are seeking a short-term lead, Bertuzzi wants a longer term. At this point, I'd be surprised if Bertuzzi isn't re-signed. It seems both sides are working hard to get a deal done.

http://blog.mlive.com/redwingsinsider/2007..._not_far_a.html

What's this about?

One second he's close with Bert and the next he's going to let him test the market? He will be snatched JUST LIKE THAT.

This is stuff that always bothers me. That it's always back and forth and you never know if they are saying it to throw us off, or because it's the actual truth.

Don't worry about that article. It's an edititorial. The only quotes from Holland are regarding Dom. The rest is the authors opinion of what might happen. Lots of that stuff flying around right now. The papers don't have any real new news to report but they want to put something about the situation in the paper to sell copies.

If we can resign Schneider, thanks to the increase in the Cap, perhaps Fedorov could fill-in for Markov. That way, we would get a cheap replacement, who play "D" for a season or two until Kindl and/or Meetch come in, and we would still have room for another Forward.

Couple of problems with this one guys...

Feds already said no to being a permanent D-man...I don't think columbus bought him out, so it would need to be a trade...6 million dollar sergei fedorov is not a contract i want at this point, which is saying a lot because guess where the 91 in my username comes from

Edited by russianswede919293

Couple of problems with this one guys...

Feds already said no to being a permanent D-man...I don't think columbus bought him out, so it would need to be a trade...6 million dollar sergei fedorov is not a contract i want at this point, which is saying a lot because guess where the 91 in my username comes from

You make some good arguments, but what if Columbus DID buy his contract out, and he wanted to come back to Detroit, to retire a Red Wing? He could have a comeback season, just as Hasek did and Bert will, hopefully. If he signed for, say 1M, because he just wanted to prove that he wasn't finished yet, wouldn't you take him?

"At this point, I'd be surprised if Bertuzzi isn't re-signed. It seems both sides are working hard to get a deal done."- Ansar Khan

I like the sound of that. I'm surprised Kenny doesnt offer a contract such as 2 year with a club option for a third... or a one year deal with a club opton for a second... at about 3 million or so.

You make some good arguments, but what if Columbus DID buy his contract out, and he wanted to come back to Detroit, to retire a Red Wing? He could have a comeback season, just as Hasek did and Bert will, hopefully. If he signed for, say 1M, because he just wanted to prove that he wasn't finished yet, wouldn't you take him?

Indeed I would, but since it is 10:13 PM on June 30th, the last day of buyouts, and he is still a blue jacket, it isn't something we should count on. I still do hope next offseason when he is a UFA that he does come back though, but that topic is a year away

"At this point, I'd be surprised if Bertuzzi isn't re-signed. It seems both sides are working hard to get a deal done."- Ansar Khan

I like the sound of that. I'm surprised Kenny doesnt offer a contract such as 2 year with a club option for a third... or a one year deal with a club opton for a second... at about 3 million or so.

He probably has...article says Bert wants long term...to me that means 3+ in years, Holland wants short term which means 1-2 years...

Wouldnt the Tuz want a 1 year deal for less $$$ so he can prove his back is okay and hit another payday??? i would...

Indeed I would, but since it is 10:13 PM on June 30th, the last day of buyouts, and he is still a blue jacket, it isn't something we should count on. I still do hope next offseason when he is a UFA that he does come back though, but that topic is a year away

There's always hope for a last-minute decision...Sorta...Not Really... :(<_<

Haha I had myself worked up!

I apologize fellow LGWers.

:veryangry::veryangry: ...

Here is how I see this Free Agency going: The Wings need to sign the guys we plan to keep (BERT, HASEK, MARKOV, SCHEDS) Then if we have some cash left over then maybe get a Kozlov, or something like that, if we can get Feds for a million, then great, but I don't want Kenny going after someone like Smyth or Gomez and overpaying for these guys. Let these overpaid smucks go to Columbus, Florida or where ever and lose and lose and lose, because the bottom line is I want players that want to win, not cash in, and I think the Wings have done a good job of making sure that happens. Lets be honest here we don't need a huge free agent splash to go further than we did this year, I think this team is great and with the new kids coming up from GR, this team is going to be tough to beat next year, but we must resign our UFAs first, I know it sound like I'm beating a dead horse, but that is the way I see it.

Here is how I see this Free Agency going: The Wings need to sign the guys we plan to keep (BERT, HASEK, MARKOV, SCHEDS) Then if we have some cash left over then maybe get a Kozlov, or something like that, if we can get Feds for a million, then great, but I don't want Kenny going after someone like Smyth or Gomez and overpaying for these guys. Let these overpaid smucks go to Columbus, Florida or where ever and lose and lose and lose, because the bottom line is I want players that want to win, not cash in, and I think the Wings have done a good job of making sure that happens. Lets be honest here we don't need a huge free agent splash to go further than we did this year, I think this team is great and with the new kids coming up from GR, this team is going to be tough to beat next year, but we must resign our UFAs first, I know it sound like I'm beating a dead horse, but that is the way I see it.

QFT. You speak the truth :zzz:

Kenny should give Bert his "long term" contract..... 4 years, $11 million (2.75 per year) would end up being a steal.....

Smyth isnt worth 6 million? :lol:

Smyth is worth 5, and even that's pushing it.... :sly:

a team that already has a Holmstrom lessens the need for a guy like Smyth....who will be overpaid this summer....

Edited by T-Ruff

Smyth is worth 5, and even that's pushing it.... :sly:

a team that already has a Holmstrom lessens the need for a guy like Smyth....who will be overpaid this summer....

Smyth is a much better player then Holmstrom. I'd rather have both then have Holmstrom alone.

I love how the Smyth is worths go , because everyone on here wants Zetterberg signed for 7 million , but then says Smyth isnt even worth 6 :lol: .

Smyth is a much better player then Holmstrom. I'd rather have both then have Holmstrom alone.

I love how the Smyth is worths go , because everyone on here wants Zetterberg signed for 7 million , but then says Smyth isnt even worth 6 :lol: .

Value depends on who else is there too...Homer for 2.25 is a better use of money than smyth for 6-7 million...yes smyth is a better player but homer is a better deal

and Hank is one of the best, and smartest with the puck, players that I have seen in a while. I think he will win an MVP before the career is done, and not just that, he is the next Red Wings captain after Lids retires...so he deserves that kind of money here...

Guest Crymson

Zetterberg is a far superior player to Smyth, he's younger, and he's still developing. We saw flashes of greatness this year which far exceeded Smyth's capabilities. Also, comparing Zatta's defensive play to that of Smyth's is akin to comparing a mountain to a pebble.

Also, Zatta is almost a lock for future captain of the team.

Smyth is a much better player then Holmstrom.

Disagreed. Smyth is like Holmstrom with less skill outside the front of the net, and just as good or slightly less skill in front of the net.... I would welcome Smyth if the WIngs were to sign him...but I'd have nothing to do with him at the price it seems he will command.....Perhaps my opinion of him will change if I get to see him play more, but in any event he is overrated and will be overpaid.....

Man if Kenny and Hasek don't make an agreement we are screwed. But I have faith in him!

we know he is going to sign. he already said he would only play for detroit so its not like hes going to test the market. so why are we screwed?

Ryan Smtyh is overrated. People put him on such a pedestal as if he is God's gift to the NHL. Quite frankly it makes me sick. I'd pick Drury AND Briere over him in a heartbeat.

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

If Fedorov is bought out, will accept a reasonably small contract, and has not burned too many bridges with the organization, I'd snap him up in a moment to play D in the event that we lose Schneider.

OMG HE'D TAKE BACK AN EX REDWING .....................LOL!

Ryan Smtyh is overrated. People put him on such a pedestal as if he is God's gift to the NHL. Quite frankly it makes me sick. I'd pick Drury AND Briere over him in a heartbeat.

ryan smyth isnt overrated , the contract he will get will be ridiculous though for someone like ryan smyth , he shouldnt be getting more then 5 mill per

i dont expect kenny to be agressive but if schneider is gone i hope hes agressive and goes after a d man ...........hannan,stuart,sarich, one of those would be nice

Edited by kindlwillbegreat

Disagreed. Smyth is like Holmstrom with less skill outside the front of the net, and just as good or slightly less skill in front of the net.... I would welcome Smyth if the WIngs were to sign him...but I'd have nothing to do with him at the price it seems he will command.....Perhaps my opinion of him will change if I get to see him play more, but in any event he is overrated and will be overpaid.....

I gotta disagree here.

You might have it backwards there , Holmstrom is much better in front of the net. Smyth has much more skill outside of the crease , he has a better shot and is a better skater. Homer made his career in front of the crease, mainly why he is the best crease crasher you can get. Plus he nearly never takes any penlaties while doing it.

Talking about it makes me wish we had both.