• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeyCrazy3033

Hasek close to re-signing..

Rate this topic

Bert is a major risk. He hasn't been the same since the Moore incident. You also have to worry about the back, he basically lost an entire season with it. If his back holds up and he returns to the physical player he used to be then great, but I don't think you offer him more than two years, if he flops your screwed.

I am confused all over again.

Holland said Bertuzzi isn't looking for a long-term deal, but even in the short term the Wings will look elsewhere for a scorer if Bertuzzi can't be had for around $2.5 million.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article.../707020362/1053

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

I wonder if there are teams that are willing to pay much more than 2.5 million a year.

I hope Bertuzzi is wise enough not leave this great hockeytown for 100.000 more in let's say Los Angeles..

I was thinking 3m max for Bertuzzi so Holland saying 2.5 is right around where I thought. If Bertuzzi is seeking 3.5m-4m he can get it elsewhere, while I still want him signed, that's too big of a risk.

Guest Agalloch

If Bertuzzi wants a long term deal, then let him go. Some of you don't seem to realize what a huge risk it would be giving him a long term deal.

I really want the Wings to sign Bert, but I agree a long term deal- unless reallly cheap- is too big a risk. 1-2 years for 2.5 mil/year is the most I'd want to see. I'm thinking with the way the first day went that there will be a team willing to pay way more.

I was thinking 3m max for Bertuzzi so Holland saying 2.5 is right around where I thought. If Bertuzzi is seeking 3.5m-4m he can get it elsewhere, while I still want him signed, that's too big of a risk.

completely agree, id say 3m max for bert, 2.5 would be perfect range. If he wants more let him walk, hes not in a situation to really demand anything higher in my opinion.

I would take him back for a short term deal.. just to see if he can prove himself in a Wing uniform for a full season instead of a few injured games in the playoffs.

completely agree, id say 3m max for bert, 2.5 would be perfect range. If he wants more let him walk, hes not in a situation to really demand anything higher in my opinion.

nvm, damn it

Edited by Flip-check