• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
sticknmove

Like him more every day.

Rate this topic

Unless Downey can prove he can be a talented 4th liner, he has no business cracking the line up. Let alone, the NHL.

I've watched better players during pre-season that deserve the spot more. There's more to hockey than having a punching bag on the team.

Punching bag? Something tells me that even if Downey was the best fighter in the league, you still wouldn't want him on the team. And what is your idea of a talented 4th liner? Ellis, Hartigan, Kopecky? I would trade most of our 4th liners for a 6 pack of beer.

I'm all with bringing him in. He would be great for a bang and crash line that we need. Every other team has a good bang and crash line except us. I say if we can't sign this kid up we are not gonna do aswell as we should.

But you arent embarrased to call Samuleson or Lilja Wings? At least Downey has in impact sometimes, those 2 never do.

You kidding me? Lilja was one of our best damn defensemen in the playoffs last season. He f***ed up in one game, but besides that he was absolutely invaluable. Samuelesson was coming off an injury last year. Does he have a lot to prove this year if he wants to stay on the team? Hell yes. But in my mind he has a lot less to prove than Downey does, although apparently getting into a few fights in the pre season should make you a lock for the team. :rolleyes:

And what is your idea of a talented 4th liner? Ellis, Hartigan, Kopecky? I would trade most of our 4th liners for a 6 pack of beer.

Our 4th line right now is

Maltby-Kopecky- Drake

Downey has yet to prove that he is a better hockey player than any of those 4. Period.

please refrain from statements as juvenile as the "why dont you watch boxing" one was

Fine you don't like fighting in hockey, go watch figure skating.

"Don't make juvenille statements! <Insert juvenile statement>"

Dear eurotrash,

Next time one of our franchise player misses 19 games due to a cheap x-check across the back let me know how you feel.

Dear HUUURR NORTH AMERICAN HOCKEY guy,

Let me know when you find a fighter who can actually play the game as well. Also, please let me know once you find one that doesn't average two minutes of penalties per game playing mostly 4th line minutes

while you are free to call it "clutter", which is fine, only a opinion of yours,

No, it's basically truth. Once again you have two threads that are just links to youtube videos. Oh yes! I completely forgot about your all caps commentary in the other one though! I guess these threads are completely different after all. My bad.

And it is that you are absolutely clueless about hockey as a sport, along with the mentality that surrounds it. You are the type that was elated when the new shootout rule was brought in and that fighting has no place anymore and that "goons" are a waste of a spot on the roster. Also you do not really know anything technical whatsoever about what you talk about, instead you have personal feelings about an aspect of the game and run with it, statements such as "he's got no where near the talent to crack this lineup" clearly show this. How does he clearly not have the talent? Really, who has more goals in the preseason, Downey or Grigs? As you can see that is a very general, and sideways argument. I made it so you can see what next to everything you type here looks like.

Hurray for generalized statements without evidence. By the way, no one arguing against Downey as the 13th forward is arguing for Grigs to be there instead. They both suck. But, oh, wait! Downey has goals in the PRESEASON guys! Clearly he has demonstrated without doubt that he is a talented goal scorer. :!: