• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jwo

Atlanta Thrashers fire head coach

Rate this topic

I don't think this is a true statement. I don't think you can correlate this awful start to the trades he made last year.

You can start to make a correlation when the bigger of their two deadline acquisitions picked up and left (Tkachuk). Also he didn't just dump picks last year, it was the year before that as well when they finished 2 points out of the playoffs.

What's to stop Chelios from being the new coach of the Thrashers?

Then he could coach them all the way to the cup and they could forfeit the cup to the wings!!

Kansas City Thrashers

Las Vegas Thrashers

Utah Thrashers

Hmmm...any one of these names has a nice ring to it. Say good-bye to hockey in Atlanta (AGAIN and hopefully forever).

Hmmm...Detroit Red Wings getting moved to the Northeast Division sounds down right awesome.

Certain sentiments have been echoed here, certain haven't...

1. I think Waddell should have lost his job before Hartley. de Vries and Tkachuk take off, Mellanby retires, and who replaces them? The dude was boasting how his team was going to the playoffs 05-06, only for them to finish 9th! They've made the playoffs once and this guy's still around. Shouldn't ownership have taken a clue from Columbus?

2. Lehotnen's nickname is 'The Hamburgler" and he didn't get that name because he eats salads. If he looks lethargic, maybe he should switch to Chicken Parm and Pasta instead of Big Macs and Fries.

3. The Thrasher's have been too busy drinkin' the Crunk Juice cuz this guy's been hanging out in the locker room....

IPB Image

... and that may be the closest anyone in an Atlanta jersey gets to the Cup.