• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Canadian Wings

Full transcript of Red Wings roundtable discussion

Rate this topic

Guest Canadian Wings

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic...414/1004/SPORTS

This pissed me the f*** right off again...

News: It's a challenge and a pressure. People were crushed last year when you lost to Anaheim. What about the pressure going into this year. You like this team's chances?

Ilitch: Oh, I do. I'll speak up. I think we've got a good team, we got a good shot at the Cup. Last year we should've won the Cup. We were 2-2 -- and I'm gonna talk like a typical fan now -- it was 2-2, and a minute and a half to go, and they called the cheapest penalty I've ever seen.

Devellano: Yeah, (expletive).

Bowman: Two-man system.

Ilitch: Now, and here's the big tears coming out, but prior to that, Kenny brought it to the league's attention, there was a flagrant penalty on Anaheim, right in front of the referee, and they didn't call it. Then they turned around and called that (interference) penalty (on Pavel Datsyuk). We had that game won, and we'd have been up 3-2 in the series.

That same referee in 1994, when we were down 3-2 going into Toronto, we score four power-play goals, we come back to Detroit 3-3, and the referee did not call one penalty -- not one -- during the game or overtime. So you figure that one out. We lost, and that's the same guy that made that call in this arena with a minute and a half to go.

News: So I'm guessing the Anaheim loss hung with you guys for a while?

Ilitch: It's humbling. I can't get out of it.

f*** those cock suckers <_<

I dunno if it's the cough syrup speaking for me right now but I think hockey needs something like a challenge system, a la NFL. Of course you'd need more than a single time out for that t work, but it pisses me off that crap like Homer's phantom goalie interference calls can't be reviewed.

Guest Canadian Wings

i hope ppl actually read that hole transcript...

its really long but a great read...found out alot i didnt know :D