• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Lidsyukerberg

D-Mac

Rate this topic

So, this looks like the place for idle gossip and and general rumor mongering, so give me something I can use here. I have heard a couple little things here and there, more hints than anything, that D-Mac is a possibility for return to Detroit. What do you all know? Even rumors of this will do me for now, I would love to see him in the wheel again.

I know it can be argued that he didn't offer a whole lot on ice because he is not a big scorer, but I beg to differ. I think he offered tons of presence, which can be huge to a team (and fans). Sure he didn't produce anything for Calgary last year, but there are things to keep in mind:

1) I believe he was having a hard time making the best of playing for a team he was stuck with, instead of one he really wanted to be on (which is no excuse, you should do your best no matter where you're placed, but nonetheless still hard).

2) He was going through a lot last year, and that had to make it hard to focus (again still no excuse for a professional, but I can't be too sure I would have held it together half as well as he did).

3) If he were given a spot on the roster, how hard do you think he would work to keep it? I bet he would work his tail off.

4) I bet bringing him back would bolster ticket sales in a big way.

I could go on, but I think you all get where I'm going here. Bring back the Mac!!!

Say it with me now.

Bring back the Mac!!!

Bring back the Mac!!!

Bring back the Mac!!!

Help me out here guys, feed the need.

Don't know how much your going to get on this topic since its been beaten to death but I don't see any of the hints you speak of that point to Darren coming back and his decline goes further back than just last year.

I'd rather remember him for what he was in his prime here, not the shell of himself that he is today.