• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
40#1Fan

No major injury for Maltby; Draper back around Christmas

Rate this topic

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/20...maltby_dra.html

Kirk Maltby underwent further tests on his sore lower back Tuesday and the good news is he was cleared of any significant injury, such as a stress fracture, general manager Ken Holland said. He was given an epidural injection in hopes of reducing the inflammation and will begin rehabbing in 2-3 days. He felt a lot better than he did two days ago, but there is no time frame on when he'll return or even begin skating.

"Based on how he feels, how quickly he responds, we'll determine when he'll be back,'' Holland said. "He's day-to-day, but that could be week-to-week. We're hoping that with rest and the injection it'll be a short-term thing.''

Meanwhile, Kris Draper (sprained left knee) skated by himself Tuesday (the team was off) and felt good. But it appears he'll be out much longer than the 10-14 days that was originally projected. Holland said Draper will likely be ready just before or after Christmas.

"There's no need to rush him back, he's coming along nicely,'' Holland said. "He'll need four, five, six days of practice once we get him going.''

Maltby and Draper were both injured Nov. 27 vs. Calgary and each has missed six games.

Good on both accounts.

I'd definitely like to see Draper back sooner, but even without the two best forwards that kill penalties for the Wings, they are still quite a**-kicking shorthanded while they are actually..................you guessed it, SHORTHANDED!

What can I say, I'm such a wonderful comedian....or something. :huh:

No need to rush either of them back earlier than necessary, the Wings can afford the luxury of giving them extra time by taking care of business more often than not this season while they were both healthy, and while they've been out currently.