• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Barrie

Yzerman's bad knee

Rate this topic

I mentioned this a few weeks ago, I'm going to a Christmas Banquet tonight where this year we're dressing up like a Super Hero. Instead of a Super Hero, I'm going as "The Captain'. I got the Jersey, and cap, and a knee brace ready to go. I was thinking of getting crutches, but thought, "nah, I'll have to carry them around all night".

Anyway, just double checking which knee Yzerman had to have repaired after the 2002 Stanley Cup. It was his right one, correct?

There will be pics for sure, so I'll post one or two here and the lgw Facebook Group page too.

Edit: Oh, I should mention, a few weeks ago I tore a tendon in my left middle finger, so if there's a pic to post, you'll probably notice me wearing a splint. FYI, that's not a fake Yzerman injury, that's a real Barrie one. :blush:

Edited by Barrie

Right knee, google is a wonderful thing.

BTW your post made the first page of results when I typed in Steve Yzerman Knee Surgery!! Sweet you made the first page on google!

Thought this was interesting, I mean we all knew the guy played through pain and injury and 22 season is a long time, but look at this laundry list of injuries:

Injury history: Fractured collarbone, Jan. 31, 1986; right knee surgery, March 1, 1988; injured right knee in playoffs, April 8, 1991; herniated disc, Oct. 21, 1993 (26 games); sprained knee, May 28, 1995 (three); bruised ankle, April 9, 1997 (one); sprained knee, Jan. 28, 1998 (three); strained groin, April 11, 1998 (three); forehead and nose lacerations, Jan. 21, 1999 (one); sprained knee, March 29, 2000 (four); sprained knee, Sept. 28, 2000 (two); knee surgery, Oct. 13, 2000 (23); bruised ankle, Dec. 26, 2002 (three); right knee surgery, Jan. 27, 2002 (six); reinjured right knee Feb. 26, 2002 (19). Had offseason surgery by Dr. Peter Fowler in London to have knee rebuilt. He was near an injury-free season last year when he played 75 games before a playoff eye accident against the Calgary Flames.

Obviously written a while ago but man that is still a major list of pains in the, err uhh mmm, knee!

Edited by Opie

Right knee, google is a wonderful thing.

BTW your post made the first page of results when I typed in Steve Yzerman Knee Surgery!! Sweet you made the first page on google!

Yea I googled it too, but didn't use the correct key words. I put "Yzerman Bad Knee", I should have put "Surgery" in there too.

Anyway, thanks, and yea that's cool I made the first page on google. :lol: