• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Wings_Fan_In_Exile

Wings_Fan_In_Exile

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 05:41 PM

Anybody on here interested in meeting up at a bar or something to catch some of the games next round (assuming they finish off the Stars tongue.gif )?

I've heard the Moontime Bar & Grill, Giggling Grizzly, or Public House are good places in Denver... but I've never been to any of em.

The Lazy Dog in Boulder is a decent sports bar/decent food, just doesn't cater to the Wings...

I think it'd be fun to cheer em on as a group since we are the minority out here!

And does anybody even read this section of the forum??
thanks offsides!

#2 high_stick69

high_stick69

Even Steve Hanson is afraid of my mom!

• PipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 10:22 PM

QUOTE (Wings_Fan_In_Exile @ May 14, 2008 - 06:41PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anybody on here interested in meeting up at a bar or something to catch some of the games next round (assuming they finish off the Stars tongue.gif )?

I've heard the Moontime Bar & Grill, Giggling Grizzly, or Public House are good places in Denver... but I've never been to any of em.

The Lazy Dog in Boulder is a decent sports bar/decent food, just doesn't cater to the Wings...

I think it'd be fun to cheer em on as a group since we are the minority out here!

And does anybody even read this section of the forum??

I sure wish I had found out about this part of the site when I moved to Denver 4 years ago. Unfortunately I moved again to Sacramento. Jacksons off 104th isn't a bad place to watch hockey. I used to skate there. They have a lot of big screens and play pretty much whatever hockey is on. Best of luck!
I hesitate to call myself a procrastinator.....

#3 katiephd

katiephd

Rookie

• Pip
  • 169 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 01:16 AM

I'd definitely be interested. thumbup.gif I love both the Giggling Grizzly and Public House, and I've heard great things about Moontime Bar & Grill.

Anyone else?
Babcock: Nice to win, eh?

#4 StevieBoy

StevieBoy

Rookie

• Pip
  • 198 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 01:41 AM

you definitely want to go to the moontime. been there for many games. i'm wirting this on my pda from hawaii so won't be in town for the next game t join you but im sure there will be a full house. fyi...the moontme is coowned by one of the owners of the grizzly...but dring wings games at the montime the game takes priority over all else. if you go...tell perry (the bartender in the wings jersey) that jay says hi from maui.

enjoy the game and hopefully I'll seeyou at the moontime for the cup finals.

#5 StevieBoy

StevieBoy

Rookie

• Pip
  • 198 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 09:29 PM

I'm back in Denver now and will be at the Moontime for Monday's game...anyone on here that lives in Denver please join me. Say hi if you come...I'll be sitting at the bar probably right near the front in a Datsuk jersey...name is Jay. The bartender will probably know who I am.

#6 Izzy24

Izzy24

Hmm...

• HoF Booster
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 11:32 PM

If you guys are gonna do this for the SCF (if the Wings make it dry.gif ), let me know, or I'll check back here. smile.gif

Uh, the guy...the guy across the street is swee...sweeping his driveway and he...he...heduzzntevinow.

#7 StevieBoy

StevieBoy

Rookie

• Pip
  • 198 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 11:43 PM

WHEN we get into the SCFs...I'll definitely be at the Moontime. I've been there for most of the playoff games so far this season.

#8 Wings_Fan_In_Exile

Wings_Fan_In_Exile

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 02:27 PM

Good to hear. I'll be in Boulder tonight, but I think for either Game 7 or hopefully the SCF's I'll definitely check out the Moontime.
thanks offsides!

#9 Wings_Fan_In_Exile

Wings_Fan_In_Exile

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 12:45 PM

QUOTE (katiephd @ May 16, 2008 - 12:16AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd definitely be interested. thumbup.gif I love both the Giggling Grizzly and Public House, and I've heard great things about Moontime Bar & Grill.

Anyone else?

QUOTE (Izzy24 @ May 18, 2008 - 10:32PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you guys are gonna do this for the SCF (if the Wings make it dry.gif ), let me know, or I'll check back here. smile.gif

QUOTE (StevieBoy @ May 18, 2008 - 10:43PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
WHEN we get into the SCFs...I'll definitely be at the Moontime. I've been there for most of the playoff games so far this season.

You guys down for Game 1? StevieBoy, if you're already at the Moontime and it's a good time, I'd be happy to come check it out, cheer on the Wings with you and anybody else that wants to go. The more the merrier. I know Crymson (lives in Boulder) mentioned meeting up too.

thanks offsides!

#10 katiephd

katiephd

Rookie

• Pip
  • 169 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 04:11 PM

QUOTE (Wings_Fan_In_Exile @ May 22, 2008 - 11:45AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You guys down for Game 1? StevieBoy, if you're already at the Moontime and it's a good time, I'd be happy to come check it out, cheer on the Wings with you and anybody else that wants to go. The more the merrier. I know Crymson (lives in Boulder) mentioned meeting up too.

I'm in for Moontime.

#11 Wings_Fan_In_Exile

Wings_Fan_In_Exile

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 04:28 PM

QUOTE (katiephd @ May 22, 2008 - 03:11PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm in for Moontime.

Sweet, I think that makes three of us so far (assuming StevieBoy) is there and I might bring a buddy (wings fan) with me too. Spread the word on Game 1 at Moontime biggrin.gif hope to see you all there.
thanks offsides!

#12 tiff_luvs_homer

tiff_luvs_homer

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 08:53 PM

we went to Moontime Bar & grill last season and the food was very good, but I think that the wings fans that showed up were stuck up, obnoxious and rude! We'll be watching the game at home... especially with the holiday weekend it's not worth risking getting picked up for a DUI.

Thank you TeeMan for the awesome sig!

"I'm a bad skater, you know but I don't need this $hit" - Tomas Holmstrom

#13 Wings_Fan_In_Exile

Wings_Fan_In_Exile

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 12:45 PM

QUOTE (tiff_luvs_homer @ May 22, 2008 - 07:53PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
we went to Moontime Bar & grill last season and the food was very good, but I think that the wings fans that showed up were stuck up, obnoxious and rude! We'll be watching the game at home... especially with the holiday weekend it's not worth risking getting picked up for a DUI.

Well, I'll report back and let ya'll know what kind of crowd is there. I think it's gonna be fun! My neighbors in my apartment will also be glad I'm not watching the game at home. haha.
thanks offsides!

#14 Izzy24

Izzy24

Hmm...

• HoF Booster
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 07:08 PM

Bah, I'm not going to make it tomorrow. I have to work until around 5:30, I don't want to miss part of the game while driving. Anyway, have fun everyone!

Uh, the guy...the guy across the street is swee...sweeping his driveway and he...he...heduzzntevinow.

#15 Wings_Fan_In_Exile

Wings_Fan_In_Exile

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 02:18 PM

QUOTE (Izzy24 @ May 23, 2008 - 06:08PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bah, I'm not going to make it tomorrow. I have to work until around 5:30, I don't want to miss part of the game while driving. Anyway, have fun everyone!

Bummer man.

I think I'm gonna go check out the Moontime and hopefully see a few LGW'ers there. (I'll be wearing red Wings Jersey) the name's Nick.

here's a picture of my retarded self (in case you spot me say hi or grab a seat)

thanks offsides!

#16 tiff_luvs_homer

tiff_luvs_homer

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 10:16 PM

Soooo.... was there a good turn out?

Thank you TeeMan for the awesome sig!

"I'm a bad skater, you know but I don't need this $hit" - Tomas Holmstrom

#17 Wings_Fan_In_Exile

Wings_Fan_In_Exile

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 09:07 AM

QUOTE (tiff_luvs_homer @ May 26, 2008 - 09:16PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Soooo.... was there a good turn out?

Great turn out. That place is rockin. 95% Wings fans. A lil slice of Michigan right there in Denver. Lots of fun. I'll be there next Saturday for sure. Hope to see some of you LGW'ers there!!!
thanks offsides!

#18 katiephd

katiephd

Rookie

• Pip
  • 169 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 07:32 PM

So far it sounds like me, Wings_Fan_In_Exile, and StevieBoy will be at Moontime tomorrow night for the game. Everyone else, be there smile.gif

#19 Wings_Fan_In_Exile

Wings_Fan_In_Exile

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 12:01 AM

QUOTE (tiff_luvs_homer @ May 22, 2008 - 07:53PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well if you give it a second shot, you just might have some fun with LGW'ers and a whole grip of Wings fans biggrin.gif

QUOTE (katiephd @ May 30, 2008 - 06:32PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So far it sounds like me, Wings_Fan_In_Exile, and StevieBoy will be at Moontime tomorrow night for the game. Everyone else, be there smile.gif

QUOTE (Izzy24 @ May 18, 2008 - 10:32PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm lookin at you Izzy!

I'm gonna show up early to get a good seat, saving one for Katiephd so far. Hope to see some of you there, StevieBoy, I'll be talking to everybody in a Datsuyk jersey until I run into you, haha.
GO WINGS!!!
thanks offsides!

#20 Izzy24

Izzy24

Hmm...

• HoF Booster
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 06:21 PM

QUOTE (Wings_Fan_In_Exile @ May 30, 2008 - 11:01PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well if you give it a second shot, you just might have some fun with LGW'ers and a whole grip of Wings fans biggrin.gif

I'm lookin at you Izzy!

I'm gonna show up early to get a good seat, saving one for Katiephd so far. Hope to see some of you there, StevieBoy, I'll be talking to everybody in a Datsuyk jersey until I run into you, haha.
GO WINGS!!!

Well, I just checked this thread 40 minutes before game time, I guess it's too late now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users