• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
heals_3000

Games In Europe Next Year?

Rate this topic

I don't know if this has ever been recommended around here but what would you guys think of a game in Europe next year with the Red Wings vs X team... in Sweden.. comments?

I don't know if this has ever been recommended around here but what would you guys think of a game in Europe next year with the Red Wings vs X team... in Sweden.. comments?

I assume you mean 2009, since there already two series (NYR vs TB @ Prague and PIT vs OTT @ Stockholm) scheduled for 2008.

Sweden (or perhaps Finland) would be the only logical location to put those games. The opponent has to come out of the West for some reason, because they are not going overseas for just one game.

I would like to see the Avalanche or the Blackhawks. But I will take any team as an opponent as long Detroit is participating and definitely try to make the trip (even if the league decides the games to go ahead in dead-expensive London)...

Edited by German Red Wing

I assume you mean 2009, since there already two series (NYR vs TB @ Prague and PIT vs OTT @ Stockholm) scheduled for 2008.

Sweden (or perhaps Finland) would be the only logical location to put those games. The opponent has to come out of the West for some reason, because they are not going overseas for just one game.

I would like to see the Avalanche or the Blackhawks. But I will take any team as an opponent as long Detroit is participating and definitely try to make the trip (even if the league decides the games to go ahead in dead-expensive London)...

Finland is definitely getting a couple of NHL-games in 2009.

Lets hope it'll be Red Wings coming here.

Finland is definitely getting a couple of NHL-games in 2009.

Lets hope it'll be Red Wings coming here.

That's great news! If Red Wings were to play in Finland, I would do everything to get there!

That's great news! If Red Wings were to play in Finland, I would do everything to get there!

I'd have to buy a dozen tickets for LGW'ers. :lol:

But I'd do it in a heartbeat.

That being said nothing is official yet,but I'm sure Harry Harkimo (the owner of one of the biggest hockey teams and the biggest arena in Finland) is doing everything for the NHL to start here in 2009.

I'm under the impression NHL has made some kind of promise,but they won't make anything official until late next season when the teams coming to Europe will be decided.

Does anyone know if this has become mandatory for Cup winners, since the Ducks had to do it last year?

No,unless the Penguins win it.

The National Hockey League announced on Saturday it will open its regular season in Europe for the second straight year at the start of the 2008-09 campaign.

The New York Rangers will take on the Tampa Bay Lightning over two games in Prague on Oct. 4-5 while the Ottawa Senators face the Pittsburgh Penguins in Stockholm on the same days.

Which they won't.