• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
redwinger40

Kenny Holland

Rate this topic

I think we all need to take a minute and reflect on what a blessing Ken Holland has been to the Red Wings. I don't make many posts, but I feel very this one needed to be made. Most on this board (myself included sometimes) have bashed Holland at some point this year for either not bringing in a big name "star" at the trade deadline or signing a player of seemingly little value (i.e. Drake), but look how those moves (or lack of moves) has paid dividends this year. Holland has never stayed from his plan for this team and it has truly paid off. He has made the transition to the new age of salary restrictions seamless. He looks for players of character that the fans can truly love. He has a great ability to judge when a player needs to be brought in to fill a hole (like Drake and Downey this year) and when a player can be allowed to leave because we can fill the hole internally (i.e. letting Bertuzzi, etc. walk and giving bigger roles to Filppula, etc.). I will stop rambling, but I really think we probably have one of the best GMs in the history of any sport. Great job this year Mr. Holland!

You can make the claim that Holland didnt have much to do with 97, 98 and even 2002 cup. You cannot make that claim on this year's cup. Credit goes to Kenny Holland for this cup. Great Job Kenny!!

I dont think that claim would hold any water, at least not in 02. But hear hear, Ken Holland is the man and has been for quite some time. Grats on another cup!

"The Architect": http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_ylt=AnVo...o&type=lgns

Holland, who has proven he doesn’t need high draft picks to identify future NHL stars, also will have some room under the salary cap to not only cement the talent he has but look around the league for more assets.

Add it all up, and it could be more bad news for the rest of the NHL.

People can dismiss the 98 one saying the team was already built. The 02 one because he "bought" that team of all stars. But now he's done it under the new CBA. I've definitely questioned some moves he's made, but the guy clearly is one of the best GM's in the league.

Guest Crymson
In Kenny We Tust! :D

" 'Look in the tunk.' I think he means 'trunk.' "

I think for him to keep this team competitive every year deserves credit. I cannot remember a time where he did not give our team what it needed to compete for the Cup. We all know how hard it is and how lucky teams need to be with health. (Watching Kronner this year makes me wonder what we really missed in last years playoffs) I have always trusted Holland and even though I would have done somethings differently I will never complain about what he does for the organization. I was not big on bringing Ozzie back, but that turned out to be a great deal! Nice Job Kenny, this Bud's for you Mr. GM man