• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Johnny Diamonds

Crazy Trade Idea

Rate this topic

I just read on spector's site that Olli Jokinen is on the trading block. Spector says the asking price is believed to be two young NHL players and a 1st round pick. The value of young players in the Wings system has to be at an all time high right now, amongst GM's around the league. They(GM's) must be thinking: Zetterberg,Datsyuk,Franzen,FIlppula,Helm...."what other gems do these guys have in their system"? So here is my trade proposal.

To Florida

Hudler,Kopecky and this years 1st round pick

To Detroit

Olli Jokinen

Jokinen is singed until the summer of 2010. His salary per season is 5.2 mil.

Thoughts?

It'd take a lot more than that to get Jokinen. Plus, the Wings would have to clear some long-term space or they'd be in risk of losing Franzen or Zetterberg in favor of Jokinen. I'd probably take Jokinen over Franzen but not over Hank.

I just read on spector's site that Olli Jokinen is on the trading block. Spector says the asking price is believed to be two young NHL players and a 1st round pick. The value of young players in the Wings system has to be at an all time high right now, amongst GM's around the league. They(GM's) must be thinking: Zetterberg,Datsyuk,Franzen,FIlppula,Helm...."what other gems do these guys have in their system"? So here is my trade proposal.

To Florida

To Detroit

Olli Jokinen

Thoughts?

Florida would never take that. They would want Flip and Ericsson (our two young players with the highest potential) and a 1st. If I am Detroit, I would take your proposed deal in a second, but in reality, I think Florida's asking price is going to be way too high for us.

It'd take a lot more than that to get Jokinen. Plus, the Wings would have to clear some long-term space or they'd be in risk of losing Franzen or Zetterberg in favor of Jokinen. I'd probably take Jokinen over Franzen but not over Hank.

Well, assuming we are unable to re-sign Stuart or sign anyone this summer to a multi-year deal, and that the cap will continue to rise, we could add a salary like Jokinen's to our roster (although we would essentially lose 3 players... the two players they would take in the deal and Samuellson would not be able to be re-signed either). But, you are right, Florida would not take that deal.

He'd be like a two year rent-a-player. They have the cap room to sign both Z and Mule. Besided they will have to re-sign Hudler next year anyways. If they tried to sign Sundin this year it's atleast gonna cost them 4 mil. You subtract Hudler and Kopecky's salary and it would be the same thing as singing Sundin and still keeping Hudler and Kopecky.

I also think you are underrating Hudler's value in this proposal. He had more goals in his first 2 NHL season's than Jokinen did around the same age as well. Not to mention he had 14 points in the playoffs this year.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

To Florida

To Detroit

Olli Jokinen

Thoughts?

you forgot to mention that every team knows kopecky is pretty much useless and Hudlers trade value isnt relative to his skills due to his size. Flordia would never make that trade. Filpulla nd qunincy may be able to do it and if this rumor is true and they would accept that along with a first hell yes id make that trade( i think hudler is better than fillpulla but val obviously holds more trade value)

you forgot to mention that every team knows kopecky is pretty much useless and Hudlers trade value isnt relative to his skills due to his size. Flordia would never make that trade. Filpulla nd qunincy may be able to do it and if this rumor is true and they would accept that along with a first hell yes id make that trade( i think hudler is better than fillpulla but val obviously holds more trade value)

Hmm What exactly did the Bruins get in that Thorton deal again?

Guest Crymson

To Florida

To Detroit

Olli Jokinen

Thoughts?

Holland does not make blockbuster trades, and rightfully so. Team philosophy and chemistry are key, and one cannot make major changes in the locker room and expect all of the pieces to just naturally come together and the team atmosphere to be maintained.

In other words, please stop thinking that making trades will immediately result in the team becoming better, this is not NHL 08.

Also, regardless of these facts, your trade proposal is hideously unrealistic. Florida would not trade their franchise player for a 3rd-line forward, a 4th-line grinder and a 1st. That'd be an extreme net decline in scoring ability for them.

Edited by Crymson

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA
Hmm What exactly did the Bruins get in that Thorton deal again?

And why are you brining that up now? yes gms make bad trades, even stupid ones but they wouldnt be brought up so often if they happaned all the time. that was a once in a blue moon gaff and even than assuming Joe Thornton is a 10 player Jokein is at least a 9-9.5. Last time i checked Brad Stuart, Wayne Primeau, and Marco Sturm is a bit more valuable than Hudler Kopecky and a first, and seeing as the former only got marginally better talent in return, your example only makes your argument unbeliviable, as you used a once in a blue moon bad trade situation as comparision.

Basically you used a bad example that rarely happens and is an extreme case of underpayment, and using those guidelines the players you mentioned still dont warrent olli in return. Sorry hate to burst your bubble but thats not happening

Edited by EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Holland does not make blockbuster trades, and rightfully so. Team philosophy and chemistry are key, and one cannot make major changes in the locker room and expect all of the pieces to just naturally come together and the team atmosphere to be maintained.

In other words, please stop thinking that making trades will immediately result in the team becoming better, this is not NHL 08.

Also, regardless of these facts, your trade proposal is hideously unrealistic. Florida would not trade their franchise player for a 3rd-line forward, a 4th-line grinder and a 1st. That'd be an extreme net decline in scoring ability for them.

A 3rd-line player who scored 14 points in the playoffs and the 1st round pick are not s*** value.

And why are you brining that up now? yes gms make bad trades, even stupid ones but they wouldnt be brought up so often if they happaned all the time. that was a once in a blue moon gaff and even than assuming Joe Thornton is a 10 player Jokein is at least a 9-9.5. Last time i checked Brad Stuart, Wayne Primeau, and Marco Sturm is a bit more valuable than Hudler Kopecky and a first, and seeing as the former only got marginally better talent in return, your example only makes your argument unbeliviable, as you used a once in a blue moon bad trade situation as comparision.

Basically you used a bad example that rarely happens and is an extreme case of underpayment, and using those guidelines the players you mentioned still dont warrent olli in return. Sorry hate to burst your bubble but thats not happening

That's BS, if this same deal was on the table at the deadline, alot of you would be saying "OMG that's too much Kenny"!

I wouldn't take Jokinen over Franzen. Franzen is the hottest up and comer. He's show consistency, returning to stride after each injury after his initial one. If he keeps this up next year, he's instantly, overnight, one of the best forwards in the league, putting up top numbers.

I'd bank on that IF more than the potential of another star at this point.

I'd prefer to keep Kopecky if we could, but if he's essential to the trade I'd do it. One of my worries (well, my only one, really) for next year is that we'll lose some of our grit we had on the 3rd/4th line. We need to keep that up and Kopecky would be a plus to that. But I'd still let him go if we needed to for the trade.

Edited by Z and D for the C

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA
That's BS, if this same deal was on the table at the deadline, alot of you would be saying "OMG that's too much Kenny"!

no... your just ignoring my posts cause your to lazy/dumb to make sense of the situation. Dont put words in my mouth, as your having a difficult enough time spitting out your own useless babble just to prove that your idea is somewhat releveant and possible (WHICH IT ISNT) Allow me to explain

If Thornton is a Ten Jokeien is a 9-9.5 so

Thornton(10)

Jokeien(9.5)

So in your example (WHICH WAS VAST UNDERPAYMENT) A ten player =s

Brad Stuart

Wayne Primeau

Marco Sturm

So a 9-9.5 player would at the LEAST get something comparable to that... seing as that package was for a SLIGHTLY better player, and that trade is often looked back upon as VAST UNDERPAYMENT

So basically your saying that Hudler, Kopecky, And a 1st are comparable to Brad Stuart, Marco Sturm, And wayne Primeau.

Sorry but......

FAIL

I'd prefer to keep Kopecky if we could, but if he's essential to the trade I'd do it. One of my worries (well, my only one, really) for next year is that we'll lose some of our grit we had on the 3rd/4th line. We need to keep that up and Kopecky would be a plus to that. But I'd still let him go if we needed to for the trade.

Well no deal like this is gonna happen. It was just an idea of mine I had to share. As others have said Holland doesn't make blockbuster deals. The Wings will have a great team next year, whether they make any changes or or not. The only concern I have is, will they have the hunger to win it all again? It usually helps to bring in some fresh veteran blood to keep the hunger going. I'm sure Holland will add a gritty player to replace Drake either this summer or at the deadline.

To be fair, Florida did make one of the worst trades in recent memory, so who's to say they won't do it again?

But I agree, Filppula, Ericsson and a 1st would be much more feasible.

no... your just ignoring my posts cause your to lazy/dumb to make sense of the situation. Dont put words in my mouth, as your having a difficult enough time spitting out your own useless babble just to prove that your idea is somewhat releveant and possible (WHICH IT ISNT) Allow me to explain

If Thornton is a Ten Jokeien is a 9-9.5 so

Thornton(10)

Jokeien(9.5)

So in your example (WHICH WAS VAST UNDERPAYMENT) A ten player =s

Brad Stuart

Wayne Primeau

Marco Sturm

So a 9-9.5 player would at the LEAST get something comparable to that... seing as that package was for a SLIGHTLY better player, and that trade is often looked back upon as VAST UNDERPAYMENT

So basically your saying that Hudler, Kopecky, And a 1st are comparable to Brad Stuart, Marco Sturm, And wayne Primeau.

Sorry but......

FAIL

Brad Stuart at the time of that trade was nowhere near the player he is now. Wayne Primeau is scrub and had nowhere near the potential as Kopecky does at this stage. Sturm is a decent player and I think Hudler has the potential to be as good if not better than him eventually. So I'll play your game here.

Thorton 10

for

Primeau 4 with a potential 5

Sturm 7.5 with a potential 8

Stuart 6 with a potential 8

Jokinen 9-9.5

for

1st round pick 6.5 with a potential 9

Hudler 6.5 with a potential 8-8.5

Kopecky 4.5 with a potential 7

To me based on potential. The Wings/Panthers deal would be better.

I just found a website that ranks every nhl player. They have Hudler(182) only 20 spots behind Filppula(162).

http://www.thehockeyrating.com/index.php?rank=1

You can check for player rankings by team. It's much easier that way, because the list is huge!

Yes, Lidstrom at 14 and Crosby at 26 is very accurate.