• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Niedermayer to decide by tomorrow

Rate this topic

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=241038&amp...s=headlines_nhl

Apparently, Teemu has the draft day deadline as well. I don't think he comes back. Would the Ducks be better with Teemu and without Niedermayr, or with Niedermayer and without Teemu?

I thought so too, but Burke was on XM yesterday and backpedaled on Selanne's deadline.

(paraphrasing) "Well, Teemu's a free agent, so we can't really give him a deadline and he'll get whatever time he needs to decide."

Nice, Burkie. <_<

What dumb move for Niedermayer. Ok, I get how difficult it is for players to decide whether or not they are going to retire or not, but giving yourself a deadline that's so close will accomplish only one of two things: (1) You'll make a rash decision that may not be indicative of your long term interests or (2) it will make the decsion even harder to make when you know you have a deadline.

Need-a-vacation (Copyrighted by edicius I believe--I hate when people change hockey players names, but this one is actually clever) should give the Ducks plenty of time to figure out there next move, but he should've been thinking about this the moment the Ducks were eliminated from the playoffs, and should've come to some consensus by practically a month ago. Strapping yourself this close to the Draft and FA period only makes things more difficult.

I'm obviously not a pro athlete but I still don't understand what Niedermayer is thinking.

You're either a hockey player or you're not.

In my mind if you can't decide what you are in less than a week, you're not a hockey player. You don't have the passion anymore.

Neidermayer should just save everyone the drama and just hang them up.

I'm obviously not a pro athlete but I still don't understand what Niedermayer is thinking.

You're either a hockey player or you're not.

In my mind if you can't decide what you are in less than a week, you're not a hockey player. You don't have the passion anymore.

Neidermayer should just save everyone the drama and just hang them up.

Or hang himself if this decision is so excruciating for him.

This drama queen had enough press as it was last year with his decision making.

Whatever..Ducks are gonna suck for at least one more year :lol:

Why exactly are the Ducks going to suck next year when almost all their players are signed on through the 08-09 season?

Also, stating that the "Ducks are gonna suck for at least one more year" implies that they were a poor team last year. Even with their goal-scoring woes they still finished tied for 4th overall last year, and will be a solid team this coming season.

Why exactly are the Ducks going to suck next year when almost all their players are signed on through the 08-09 season?

Also, stating that the "Ducks are gonna suck for at least one more year" implies that they were a poor team last year. Even with their goal-scoring woes they still finished tied for 4th overall last year, and will be a solid team this coming season.

They were pretty bad team and if not for their hot streak after Niedermayer and Selanne returned, they would not make the playoffs. They were not playoff team for most of the season. Not to mention their offensive problems, they simply suck at offense.

Their D was pretty bad too, Schneider was their best defenseman..that speaks for itself. They were pathetic in playoffs. It was good to see them doing bad.

And as a bonus, they have the great Bertuzzi deal for one more year :lol:

They are not going to make the playoffs in 08/09 imho.

Edited by Reds4Life

Need-a-vacation (Copyrighted by edicius I believe--I hate when people change hockey players names, but this one is actually clever) should give the Ducks plenty of time to figure out there next move, but he should've been thinking about this the moment the Ducks were eliminated from the playoffs, and should've come to some consensus by practically a month ago. Strapping yourself this close to the Draft and FA period only makes things more difficult.

I actually can't take credit for that one...but it was definitely someone else on the board. :P

And now, of course, Burkie has backed off on his deadline for Niedermayer. Predictable.

http://tsn.ca/columnists/darren_dreger/?id...os=secStory_nhl

While it's possible Scott Niedermayer will make a decision on his playing future either today or tomorrow, the Anaheim Ducks aren't pressuring him to do so.

Ducks general manager Brian Burke called Niedermayer on Wednesday to tell him Friday wasn't a deadline established by the Ducks, adding the real deadline for the team is July 1.

They were pretty bad team and if not for their hot streak after Niedermayer and Selanne returned, they would not make the playoffs. They were not playoff team for most of the season. Not to mention their offensive problems, they simply suck at offense.

Their D was pretty bad too, Schneider was their best defenseman..that speaks for itself. They were pathetic in playoffs. It was good to see them doing bad.

And as a bonus, they have the great Bertuzzi deal for one more year :lol:

They are not going to make the playoffs in 08/09 imho.

They would've made the playoffs even if Niedermayer and Selanne hadn't returned. Probably not a 4 seed (and 3rd overall in the conference), but they would've made it. I'm not arguing their offensive problems, but their backend simply had an off year this past season. Players like Pronger (although a ****** bag) are too talented to not be a force. Couple that with Schneider being hurt for a good chunk of the beginning of the season and you have a very good reason for the slow start this past year. Beauchemin is a phenomenal number 4 guy for the Ducks and could easily play in the top pairing on atleast 1/3 of the teams in the league, and they have a solid positional goalie that keeps them in games.

Of course it was good to see them struggle after the Wings' heart-breaking loss in the CF's, but that doesn't make them a poor team simply because we don't care for them and they struggled out of the gate.

While it's possible Scott Niedermayer will make a decision on his playing future either today or tomorrow, the Anaheim Ducks aren't pressuring him to do so.

Ducks general manager Brian Burke called Niedermayer on Wednesday to tell him Friday wasn't a deadline established by the Ducks, adding the real deadline for the team is July 1.

Sure it is.........

:rolleyes:

Sure it is.........

:rolleyes:

What's amazing is that in addition to backtracking on Selanne's deadline, Burke clearly said yesterday on XM that Niedermayer's deadline to decide - IMPOSED BY THE DUCKS - was draft day.

It's truly gotten to the point where we can't believe a word this man says anymore. I'm willing to bet that Niedermayer hasn't made a decision by training camp. Any takers?

What's amazing is that in addition to backtracking on Selanne's deadline, Burke clearly said yesterday on XM that Niedermayer's deadline to decide - IMPOSED BY THE DUCKS - was draft day.

It's truly gotten to the point where we can't believe a word this man says anymore. I'm willing to bet that Niedermayer hasn't made a decision by training camp. Any takers?

Right before Pre-season starts he'll say he's retiring. Mark it.

Need-a-vacation (Copyrighted by edicius I believe--I hate when people change hockey players names, but this one is actually clever)

It was I, and what's wrong with changing names? This one is very appropriate.

Beauchemin had an awful, awful year... he is horrid defensively, but masked it the year before with good scoring and hitting. Many Ducks fans would love to see him traded before the rest of the NHL catches on.

I could see them go after Stuart and try to trade Schneider... I have to laugh at Schneider, misses the Cup this year by jumping ship to the previous Cup winner, and may end up being traded after only a year there.

Stuart could look forward to similar treatment.

Guest Crymson

No, no, first Niedermayer will call a press conference for the purpose of telling people that he hasn't decided yet.

Does anyone remember that one?

Beauchemin had an awful, awful year... he is horrid defensively, but masked it the year before with good scoring and hitting. Many Ducks fans would love to see him traded before the rest of the NHL catches on.

I could see them go after Stuart and try to trade Schneider... I have to laugh at Schneider, misses the Cup this year by jumping ship to the previous Cup winner, and may end up being traded after only a year there.

Stuart could look forward to similar treatment.

Not denying that, but saying he's horrid defensively is completely inaccurate. Yes, he had a tough season this past year, but who didn't on the Ducks aside from Schneids? With Schneider and Niedermayer out the beginning of the season, he was thrust into a role he shouldn't be in (no different than Stuart on a team like the Kings). Just because he had an off season most certainly doesn't make him the type of player you are insinuating. Pronger was sh*t last season as well, and he certainly isn't "horrid".