Guest Dump-N-Thump

Pheonix signed Todd Fedoruk to 3 years

Pittsburgh signed Eric Godard

New York Rangers sign Aaron Voros

Devils resign Clarkson

Sharks resign Shelly

Guest Dump-N-Thump

Wild sign Craig Weller..

Good signing imo.. loosing Voros hurts alot less now..

Guest Shoreline
I die a little bit each time I read or hear that.

Red Wings sign Lilja.

Red Wings sign Lilja.

Red Wings sign Lilja.

Red Wings sign Lilja.

At any rate, how the heck is he an enforcer? I don't see guys backing away when he's around.

Bring back Probert to punch the crap out of some of these goons.

Red Wings sign Lilja.

Red Wings sign Lilja.

Red Wings sign Lilja.

Red Wings sign Lilja.

At any rate, how the heck is he an enforcer? I don't see guys backing away when he's around.

Bring back Probert to punch the crap out of some of these goons.

Ask the people he's demolished.

Phaneuf, Sharp, Begin and Neil. :sly:

Guest Dump-N-Thump

Enforcers are such a waste of space

yet 8 of them have found themselves a job on the first day of free agency..

the only thing nice about all these signings is that they won't be playing on the wings. why sign a guy who is going to be a healthy scratch for 2/3 of the year.

Yeah, like that McCarty guy. How many Cups did he help us win again? I'd add Kocur here, but you'd dismiss it.

Or that Downey guy who was the first to come to Lidstrom's aid when he got crushed.

Tell me again, who made Gary Roberts answer to his blindside punch on Franzen? Yeah, don't need those guys at all...

if we want an enforcer nobody wants to mess around with how about Georges Laraque he will have most players looking up at him from the ice :hehe:

Absolutely. He's still unsigned, and he was there to make sure no on took liberties on Malkin, Staal, and Crosby. Some people say he didn't fight enough or wasn't mean enough, but he did his job - he kept those guys from getting cheap shotted. Some want the Dave Semenko, pre-emptive strike type, because no one touched Gretzky - but the Semenko mold doesn't fit today's NHL. You still need that presence out there though. It's a shame Pittsburgh may not keep him, because he'll be a real boon for anyone that picks him up.

And, yes, he skates as well as any 4th line forward in the leaque can. He even saw a lot of second unit PP time in Edmonton and Pitt. He's simply not just a goon.

Edited by I_heart_Flipper

You haven't been watching hockey long have you?

I've been watching for many many years. Maybe I should have made myself a little clearer. I don't have much use for a pure enforcer, one who cannot skate, shoot, pass. I would much prefer a guy who might be a bit less tough, but can atleast add some scoring. I'm hoping they get someone like mccarty from a few years back rather than someone like downey.

edit: haha, maybe not many many years. But I have been playing hockey and been a fan since I was four years old. I am now 22.

Edited by stud_defenseman

Guest Dump-N-Thump

I wouldn't mind having BGL.. Just because he is hard as nails.. and he can play a regular shift..

Scores the wings diversity points too.

Since we never did sign Mike Grier, who grew up in Detroit... Or Anson carter, who also grew up in Detroit - two solid power forwards at one time... just maybe one black player since Darren Banks, in a mostly black city, might be a good idea? :blink: :blink:

Edited by I_heart_Flipper

I still havent given hope that Mike Grier will end up in back home. I live in the Bay Area and get to see the Sharks play about 10 times a year (probably average only 6 wings games living out here) and I tell you Grier is the heart and soul of the Sharks. He is such a Babcock kind of player. 100% every shift, can skate, hit, pk, has a decent touch around the net. The guy has such a crazy work ethic, just never gives up on a shift. By far my favorite non-wing forward. I know people like scorers but to me this guy deserves to be Wing and play at home.

edit: I think he is in the last year of his contract this upcoming year. So maybe next year we can get him...

Edited by redwingrob

Since we never did sign Mike Grier, who grew up in Detroit... Or Anson carter, who also grew up in Detroit - two solid power forwards at one time... just maybe one black player since Darren Banks, in a mostly black city, might be a good idea? :blink: :blink:

Grier actually grew up in Mass. He was born in Detroit, though.

Edited by YoungGuns1340

Grier actually grew up in Mass. He was born in Detroit, though.
They always make a big deal about him being from Michigan during the telecasts of the games.