• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
40#1Fan

Chelios has a bone bruise

Rate this topic

http://blog.mlive.com/snapshots/2008/10/ch...ruise_to_r.html

Posted by George James Malik October 01, 2008 13:43PM

The Detroit Free Press's Helene St. James reports good news on the Chris Chelios front:

October 1, Detroit Free Press: Chris Chelios was hobbling around the Red Wings' dressing room today, using crutches to prop up his 46-year-old body.

Chelios took a puck to the right knee during Tuesday's game at Montreal.

Chelios said he got hit right through the [shin] pad.

"It's not so much where I got hit where it's sore, it's the muscle where the fluid is draining," Chelios said. "It's just day to day. More like, "I'm out till next week," but, all things considered, this is good news.

The Sporting News's Ray Slover also weighed in on the Red Wings' injury situation via a summary thereof:

October 1, The Sporting News: Nicklas Lidstrom will play Wednesday for the first time since having his face rearranged by a puck. The news is not as good for forward Pavel Datsyuk and defenseman Chris Chelios.

Doctors cleared Lidstrom, the Detroit Red Wings' captain and perennial Norris Trophy winner, to return for Wednesday's exhibition in Atlanta against the Thrashers.

Lidstrom is recovering from a broken nose and bloody and swollen right eye.

Datsyuk is nursing a sore groin and won't play Wednesday. He hasn't skated for several days but says the injury isn't a big deal. The world awaits Datysuk's presence on a line with Marian Hossa and Tomas Holmstrom.

Aside from the medical updates, the team also said Tuesday it will cut the camp roster to about 30 [after Wednesday's game].

It sucks that players are getting hurt by pucks, but I'd rather get the injuries over now than around playoff time. A few younger players can get a stint of NHL experience.

It sucks that players are getting hurt by pucks, but I'd rather get the injuries over now than around playoff time. A few younger players can get a stint of NHL experience.

As if getting an injury makes you immune to injuries throughout the remainder of the year...

Guest LivingtheDream
I was thinking the same thing... Never really made any sense when people say something like he just did.

Look around man! We have guys with MBA's telling us for years you can make money off of selling mortgages in little bits and pieces that were given to people who were buying ten times the house they could afford all based on the assumption that housing prices would climb forever. In comparison, injuries preventing future injuries sounds like well thought out logic! :-)

Look around man! We have guys with MBA's telling us for years you can make money off of selling mortgages in little bits and pieces that were given to people who were buying ten times the house they could afford all based on the assumption that housing prices would climb forever. In comparison, injuries preventing future injuries sounds like well thought out logic! :-)

Now, it's not necessarily untrue that those mortgages won't make money...isn't it possible they have already lost all the value they'll lose? :rolleyes: