• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Aussie_Wing

10/19 GDT: Grand Rapids Griffins @ Toronto Marlies

Rate this topic

Grand Rapids Griffins (1-0-1) @ Toronto Marlies (1-1-1)

Coming off their first win of the new season against Lake Erie, the Griffins hope to win back-to-back matches when they take to the ice against the Toronto Marlies. The Griffins placed an emphasis on improving their PP during their week off and it paid immediate dividends as they went 2/5, getting goals from Abdelkader and Wilson. The Marlies have a host of NHL veterans including Body Devereaux, Bates Battaglia and Staffan Kronwall.

griffins.gif

Possible line-up (subject to change):

Leino - Abdelkader - Haydar

Wilson – Gangon - Gelech

Ritola - Emmerton - Mursak

Lemieux - Oulahen - Downey

Ericsson - Pyett

Galvin - Kindl

Jozsa - Stafford

Howard

Larsson

Team Leaders:

Goals: Abdelkader (2)

Assists: Kindl, Ritola (2)

Penalty Minutes: Galvin (6)

Notes:

• Howard made his return to the ice yesterday and is expected to play again today.

• Evan McGrath was a healthy scratch yesterday, disappointing considering this is a make or break year for the youngster.

• Rookie defenceman Sergei Kolosov was also a healthy scratch.

I doubt that it's smart to play Howard again.

I hope that Leino - Abdelkader will have a strong game. Abdelkader is pleasant surprise - he is projected as checking forward if I'm not mistaken, but seems that kid has some offense.

Ritola - Emmerton - Mursak can also make some damage. Might be the line of the future in the Red Wings.

Too bad for McGrath, but it seems that this guy will not make the big club.

That's why I'm going to enjoy this club. We're carrying some many guys, people WILL sit. It's putting so much competition for those final spots. I think it's going to be a very good thing.

Howard and Larsson are doing the same thing...it's all a good thing after last year.

2 more quick goals,

1 for the Griffs

1 for the Marlies

Pare, A by McGrath and Pyett....

This team is doing a good job of converting. I hope they keep scoring.

Edit: Kindl, A by Galvin and Ritola.

Nice. I love beating the Marlies. They use to just manhandle us.

Edit2: Wow. It's now 6-1 in the second. We have got to be careful. It is going to be an ugly 3rd.

Edited by Coyote0106

I bought this 1 game pass from ahl live and the rapids are quite solid. Some bad turnovers (for example ericsson, but excellent diving pokecheck) but the marlies havent been able to score. Good finishing from the rapids although powerplay could have been better, give credit to toronto's pk though. Good game by everybody on the bench so far, not so good for toronto guys though hehe :yowza:

Well final score ended up 7-3, safe to say that’s a pretty comprehensive victory! Good to see more solid showings from our prospects. Larsson was in net and made 35 saves from 38 shots. We sure do have a talented duo in net this season and the competition between the two is set to be interesting.

Mattias Ritola with a goal and an assist. Logan Pyett, the rookie defenseman who is very much in the Lebda and Meech mould had 2 assists.

Jakub Kindl continues his fine start with a goal. I’ve got a good feeling about him this season...

Leino goal and an assist. :thumbup: McGrath and Ericsson also assists.