• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

wingfan1991

2008 team photo with cup?

Rate this topic

does it exist yet.. i collected and framed the last 3 Cup wins, wondering how and if I missed the 2008 one like this

bd_1.JPG

dont they usually take these pics prior to the season start at a rally at the Joe? did this happen this year?

there is one team photo with cup from 2008, but its not the official one.. i want the one with all the names and sitting/standing instead of the actual game 6 win at the end with Cup on the ice.

Edited by wingfan1991

They did it I think the day before the parade. I remember seeing pictures either in the Free Press or the News of the players putting all of their stuff on for the last time before they all cleaned out their lockers. I'm not sure where you can find the picture though.

They did it I think the day before the parade. I remember seeing pictures either in the Free Press or the News of the players putting all of their stuff on for the last time before they all cleaned out their lockers. I'm not sure where you can find the picture though.

really? ok i just sent an email to the redwings from their site, hope they get back to me!

I am pretty sure that Trapt is right and they did it the day before or after the parade.

You can probably order one from Hockeytown Authentics. Here are the phone numbers for the store.1-800-WINGS-25 or 1-248-680-0965

Edited by pinkprincess027

I am pretty sure that Trapt is right and they did it the day before or after the parade.

You can probably order one from Hockeytown Authentics. Here are the phone numbers for the store.1-800-WINGS-25 or 1-248-680-0965

was there on opening night, and they said they didnt get any nor did they think they did them this year. still waiting word from the website...

was there on opening night, and they said they didnt get any nor did they think they did them this year. still waiting word from the website...

Maybe they didn't take one. The players did meet at the Joe at some point around the parade for final pictures with the trophies, I thought I read that they took a team picture, but maybe I am incorrect. In the 7th row of the link below are a few pictures from that day. The Free Press had a gallery up at one point too from that day there are a few in the link below. They took most of them down already though.

http://info.detnews.com/redesign/multimedi...allery=redwings

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery...Params=Itemnr=8

Edited by pinkprincess027

Maybe they didn't take one. The players did meet at the Joe at some point around the parade for final pictures with the trophies, I thought I read that they took a team picture, but maybe I am incorrect. In the 7th row of the link below are a few pictures from that day. The Free Press had a gallery up at one point too from that day there are a few in the link below. They took most of them down already though.

http://info.detnews.com/redesign/multimedi...allery=redwings

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery...Params=Itemnr=8

ya looks like they definitely took the pic 2008-0607-dg-wings0227.jpg now to find one!

WingFan1991,

I have been trying to get this 8X10 photo to add to my collection since June. Like you, I have these framed from 1997,1998, and 2002 on my wall in the Wings shrine in my basement bar.

You would think this would not be hard to acquire.

The photo was taken after game 6, and before the parade. I previously had purchased them from Hockeytown Authentics. I have talked to them numerous times, and even the supervisors at the store seem clueless. They do get them directly from the Red Wing organization. Then I have spoken numerous times to the Marketing Manager and Supervisor from the Red Wings concerning this. They too seem disinterested to help, or know when and if this will be released. One of them even was going to send me the celebration photo, and did not seem to comprehend what I was looking for.

If anyone has a lead on this, I too would appreciate it. With all the stuff they peddle and market, you would think they would have their act together. Short of calling Mr. I, I am not sure where to turn.

Sorry I'm late to post, but part of the season ticket holders package included a giant calander. The calander included a picture of the team photo.

103_2612.jpg

It's not the best quality but it does exist. Where or when they are going to sell them, I don't know. Good luck with the hunt though and let us know if anyone finds an 8x10 of it.

Edited by zettsyukwall415