• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Drake_Marcus

Another big game for the Abdelkader, Leino and the Griffs today

Rate this topic

Abdelkader was killer today- posting a hat-trick (with the third goal being an empty netter). That puts Abdelkader's total for the season at 6 goals and 1 helper in 5 games.

Leino posted 3 helpers today for a combined total of 4 goals and 5 assists in 5 games.

Ericsson had another assist, bringing his 5 game total up to 4 assists.

Larsson posted a .902 sv% with 2 goals on 31 shots.

The Griffs ended up winning today's game by a 6-3 score and outshot the Admirals 33 to 31.

This Griffins team has really been great lately.

Yeah, four of the Griffins forwards are dying to take over anyone's job in Detroit who isn't playing like they want to keep it (Justin Abdelkader, Ville Leino, Darren Helm and Darren Haydar). All have looked very good in each outing!

Hopefully, the competition from the young guys will keep the Wings on their toes!

Yeah, four of the Griffins forwards are dying to take over anyone's job in Detroit who isn't playing like they want to keep it (Justin Abdelkader, Ville Leino, Darren Helm and Darren Haydar). All have looked very good in each outing!

Hopefully, the competition from the young guys will keep the Wings on their toes!

Right now I'd rather have Kindl/Ericson harassing the blue line for position. Who else is on the Griffins D we should be looking out for, I know Pyett had a great preseason.

Right now I'd rather have Kindl/Ericson harassing the blue line for position. Who else is on the Griffins D we should be looking out for, I know Pyett had a great preseason.

That's the two. Pyett and Kolosov are the only other RW guys on the D line. They are both not ready. Pyett is atleast playing most games. Kolosov isn't playing much. They both have made HORRIBLE turnovers (along with everyone other than Kindl and Ericsson). They are definitely 2 years out, atleast. Either that, or they are just having a really, really bad start to the season.

I’ve been thinking about it and Abdelkader has a real shot at developing into a legitimate NHL power forward. He hits, he isn’t afraid to drop the gloves, he goes into the corners and he has 6 goals in 5 games, in his rookie season.

His development since being drafted has been absolutely flawless, it really has been smooth sailing ever since he became a Wing. There were early doubts, most seemed to want Latendresse, but I’m more than happy with Abs. He’ll be a full-time Wing in a season or two and he projects to become a scoring line forward when it was initially predicted he'd become merely a grinder.

I've been thinking about it and Abdelkader has a real shot at developing into a legitimate NHL power forward. He hits, he isn't afraid to drop the gloves, he goes into the corners and he has 6 goals in 5 games, in his rookie season.

His development since being drafted has been absolutely flawless, it really has been smooth sailing ever since he became a Wing. There were early doubts, most seemed to want Latendresse, but I'm more than happy with Abs. He'll be a full-time Wing in a season or two and he projects to become a scoring line forward when it was initially predicted he'd become merely a grinder.

As far as I can tell, he's only dropped the gloves once in his professional career.

He should be a poor man's Draper!

As far as I can tell, he's only dropped the gloves once in his professional career.

He should be a poor man's Draper!

Well he hasn't exactly played too many games has he? ;)

And you're selling him short with the Draper comparison, he could be a lot better than that.

Well after the game Abdelkader said that he hadn't been in fight since juniors because they are not allowed to fight in college. He played two games for Detroit last season, and now has played 5 games for Grand Rapids so that's not very many games to have had a chance to fight. But he certainly isn't afraid to play a physical game out there. It wouldn't suprise me if he works on his fighting a bit with Downey like Quincey did over the summer.

I would like to know how Kindl is doing.

So far, Howard or Larsson?

THANKS

Kindl is doing really well. He has been on the ice for a couple goals, but they were not his doing. His D partner has made some bad turnovers causing the goals. He didn't have the slow start that he has had last year (and apparently in Juniors, too).

I'd still say Howard is the man, but Larsson is going to be strong in a year or two. Howard will have to look over his shoulder, just not yet.