• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
digitaljohn88

Start voting for the wings! (ASG)

Rate this topic

The NHL vows to look into voting irregularities regarding the Montreal Canadiens that all currently lead their respective categories in All-Star Game balloting. Saku Koivu, Alex Kovalev, Alex Tanguay, Andrei Markov, Mike Komisarek and Carey Price are all closing in on 200,000 votes; Roberto Luongo is currently the only other player over 100,000. "I don't want to jump to conclusions at this point. There is some indication that something has happened ... I'm not at a point where I can say definitively that something has taken place," NHL spokesman Gary Meaghar told CBC Sports. Hey, Gary: Let us help you. Here is the script the Habs fans have been using to auto-vote, and here are the vote totals. The NHL prohibits automated voting; good luck counting the dimpled chads on this one

I'm glad they took this script off of this site. I totally don't agree with it. Even though I'd like to see an all Wings starting lineup it's cheating and it's not right.

Looks like for the most part, the scripting may have stopped. I noticed that the Habs stopped getting 50k votes per update :o

Glad to see Zetterberg up top, but Hossa deserves to be up there too! Not to mention Datsyuk... we have too many all-stars!

It is not playing in the game that may get players tired. It is the TRAVEL to and from the game and the events the day before, etc. I don't know how many times you travel lately but for me a whole day gets wasted when you need to catch a commercial flight when you could spend the day doing something else.....like rest and relaxation. Then again, maybe some people consider getting on a plane and going through customs relaxing. Maybe I am just an old fuddy-duddy.

I'm not sure how many All-Star Games you've seen, but no-one will be getting tired nor wasted from the ASG. Intensity is always at a minimum.

It is not playing in the game that may get players tired. It is the TRAVEL to and from the game and the events the day before, etc. I don't know how many times you travel lately but for me a whole day gets wasted when you need to catch a commercial flight when you could spend the day doing something else.....like rest and relaxation. Then again, maybe some people consider getting on a plane and going through customs relaxing. The game is in Montreal. Maybe I am just an old fuddy-duddy.

Edited by Icesurfer

It is not playing in the game that may get players tired. It is the TRAVEL to and from the game and the events the day before, etc. I don't know how many times you travel lately but for me a whole day gets wasted when you need to catch a commercial flight when you could spend the day doing something else.....like rest and relaxation. Then again, maybe some people consider getting on a plane and going through customs relaxing. The game is in Montreal. Maybe I am just an old fuddy-duddy.

I'm just gonna have to disagree. I doubt your opinion makes you an old fuddy-duddy but I really can't imagine our boys could possibly get tired by travelling from Detroit to Montreal.

1) I came back from a brief trip to Japan three weeks ago, I know what a pain in the arse it is.

2) Players don't travel economy with American Airlines or something. They travel on private jets and customs is not an issue. They don't stand in line after line beating their heads against a brick wall like we do. They're very well looked after. Jet-lag etc. could not possibly be an issue when you going from Montreal to Detroit and they're in the same time-zone too.

I'm just gonna have to disagree. I doubt your opinion makes you an old fuddy-duddy but I really can't imagine our boys could possibly get tired by travelling from Detroit to Montreal.

1) I came back from a brief trip to Japan three weeks ago, I know what a pain in the arse it is.

2) Players don't travel economy with American Airlines or something. They travel on private jets and customs is not an issue. They don't stand in line after line beating their heads against a brick wall like we do. They're very well looked after. Jet-lag etc. could not possibly be an issue when you going from Montreal to Detroit and they're in the same time-zone too.

I think it was last year that Ilitch allowed the 6 or 7 players and coaches to use Red Bird II for the All Star Game..... he did so because there were so many going. This year it may be a little different for several reasons. Ilitch is not obligated to do so. Players are responsible for their own flight trip to the All Star game. So unless they have their own private jet .... it's commercial. I remember Ken Daniels mentioning that a player from another team who was also in Detroit wanted to hitch a ride with them ..... and they said sorry..... he went commercial according to Daniels. Customs agents don't give a hoot whether you make 10K or 100M...... especially when you are traveling by yourself and not on a private jet with a team. So you stand in line like the rest of us peons. Anyway whether you stand in line or not is not the issue. It is still 5 hours to Montreal, an hour to and from the airport .... you still waste a whole day before the All Star game and then again afterwards. It is probably more of an issue to me because I live in Hawaii and I know when I travel it is not the most pleasant thing even though I travel first class.

I would still rather have the whole week off to do whatever I want. The younger players probably see it as being very exciting..... after you have done it a few times you probably could really care less. I guess you have to be a little older to understand this.... because I know when I was much younger you figure it would be such a big thrill...... when you get older, wiser and have done a few things, it's like "been there, done that." But even the older players are still in their 30's so to me that is still quite young.....LOL. ... so you see.... I am a fuddy-duddy.

Edited by Icesurfer

Icesurfer, sorry I was under the impression the NHL would look after its assets (star players) who are basically doing the NHL a favour by playing in this exhibition game that brings in millions of dollars or revenue for the league. Seems absolutely crazy that NHLers have to f*** around with customs and s***. Regardless, I still don't see it as a huge problem. These guys are used to the travel.

P.S. - is that a typo? It's not a 5 hour flight to Montreal from Detroit.

Guest Four

KEEP VOTING EVERYONE! We're doing great, we are top 3 forwards and 1 and 3rd defense.

LETS KEEP OUR PACE :)

LMAO

They reduced some vote totals due to the scripting... but none of the Wings were affected!

All the other fans were cheating... :D

edit: WOW. Dallas fans had some hardcore scripting. Turco lost almost half his votes. Ribiero and Morrow are now 5th and 9th. Habs didn't lose much. I think they've got the fan support to vote them all in a landslide, cheating or not.

Edited by digitaljohn88

Guest Four
BTW Why is Rafalski so far behind Lidstrom? He is playing just as well as Lidstrom this year, we should be voting him equally.

Because there isn't a spot for Rafalski as a forward..

BTW Why is Rafalski so far behind Lidstrom? He is playing just as well as Lidstrom this year, we should be voting him equally.

From what I've gathered, most Wings fans are voting for Lidstrom and Rafalski equally.