• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
This Is Bida

Vote for Lids as best Captain!

Rate this topic

I know this is pretty stupid but head on over to Sean Leahy's blog and vote for Lid's as the NHL's best captain.

Here's the link...

http://goingfivehole.blogspot.com/2008/10/...tournament.html

I know, it's a stupid blog, but him and Sakic completely blew everyone else out in the other rounds and thus far he's losing with only 19% of the vote. There's only been 116 votes and he's only down 70 votes. Get on over there real quick (obviously no registering or crap) and take 2 extra seconds out of your day and make sure Lids doesn't lose to Sakic.

By the way, I have nothing but respect for Sakic. Even through the rivalry he was the only one I never minded (cause he kept his mouth shut!).. However, of course our boy Lids is the better captain! :cool:

We don't know who the best captain is, we aren't there... but from NHL media word of mouth, and from what I can envision, it wouldn't be Lidstrom. I'd give the nod to Brendan Morrow. Shane Doan, Ethan Moreau, Rod Brind'Amour, and select few others strike me as good captains, but again, I don't know. Point is, fans voting for best captain doesn't determine anything, because fans don't know.

Dude, Lids doesn't compare to Sakic as a captain. Come one. Lids has... three seasons as captain? Sakic has, like, forever. He's the only Avs captain ever, right?

If we're talking straight up player, it's Lids, but if it's captain... it's Sakic. Sorry.

Dude, Lids doesn't compare to Sakic as a captain. Come one. Lids has... three seasons as captain? Sakic has, like, forever. He's the only Avs captain ever, right?

If we're talking straight up player, it's Lids, but if it's captain... it's Sakic. Sorry.

So Lids is a worse captain because he hasn't been one as long?

So Lids is a worse captain because he hasn't been one as long?

It takes more than three seasons to crack the "all-time captain" list. Sorry. How do you put Lids three seasons with the C ahead of Sakic's 15? Sakic has more Cups as captain.

It's not about being the "worse" captain. it's about not being the second best captain of the modern era.

Guest GordieSid&Ted
It takes more than three seasons to crack the "all-time captain" list. Sorry. How do you put Lids three seasons with the C ahead of Sakic's 15? Sakic has more Cups as captain.

It's not about being the "worse" captain. it's about not being the second best captain of the modern era.

Sakic is the Aves Steve Yzerman. And if people think highly of Yzerman, his credentials, his accomplishments and his ability as a Captain/leader, then the answer as to who is the best captain right now is blatantly obvious....and he doesn't wear red/white.

Is Sakic the best captain in the NHL you think? I mean as I said before, I wouldn't know, but he doesn't seem too vocal, I mean he leads by example but guys like Moreau, Morrow, and Doan seem better. I'd rate Jason Smith as the absolute best leader in the NHL though.

Guest CaliWingsNut

It's totally Crosby.... he just has to be the best captain out there, I mean he's got all this experience n stuff.... He's right up there w/ toews. :ph34r::rolleyes:

Sakic is the Aves Steve Yzerman. And if people think highly of Yzerman, his credentials, his accomplishments and his ability as a Captain/leader, then the answer as to who is the best captain right now is blatantly obvious....and he doesn't wear red/white.

QFT.

Have to take my homer glasses off and say Sakic. I'm a die hard wings fan, but...I think this is an easy one.

Oh come on people. Vote for Sakic if you think he's better, and you DO have a great argument for it.

However, the OP just wanted a little red wing community solidarity, and I'm all for it. Go over to the site and vote Lids! It is a stupid poll, but it's still fun for all of us to make an impact.

Guest Shoreline

Ok, joking aside, I voted for Sakic.

There's obvious reasons why people are picking Lidstrom. I don't agree with those reasons.

Given the meaning of voting for some anonymous blog poll, I'd have preferred to vote Dustin Brown.

Edited by Shoreline

Is Sakic the best captain in the NHL you think? I mean as I said before, I wouldn't know, but he doesn't seem too vocal, I mean he leads by example but guys like Moreau, Morrow, and Doan seem better. I'd rate Jason Smith as the absolute best leader in the NHL though.

Soft spoken but to the point. Sakic is the best captain in the NHL. He's pretty much what Stevie was to us, to the Avs. Morrow, Doan, Smith are all good, and I'd take on my team anyday, but this day and age, no one leads better then Joe Sakic in the NHL.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

I'm sorta in your camp as well. I've always preferred the phsyical, Mark Messier type of leader. But, having watched Steve Yzerman conduct himself and watching him in the 02 playoffs lead on the ice, while in obvious pain. Really, in my mind he's right there with Messier. 2 of the greatest leaders sport has ever seen and they did it at opposite ends fo the leadership spectrum.

IMO, Sakic is a Stevie clone. And I mean that with all due respect and mad props for Sakic.