• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
40#1Fan

Cleary Update

Rate this topic

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/20...a_lot_of_p.html

Update from Monday's morning skate: Wings forward Dan Cleary was back at Joe Louis Arena, starting off-ice workouts after a rough week dealing with his bad left eye. He can barely open the eye, which still is extremely red. He said it's painful and itches a lot.

Cleary said it's not an infection, as they originally thought. The cornea was scratched for a second time last week, before the first scratch healed.

"There's been a lot of pain in the eye. It almost hurts just to keep it open,'' Cleary said. "I haven't done anything this whole week. Hopefully I can get training and skating this week.''

Cleary, who hasn't skated since the Nov. 8 game against New Jersey, hopes to skate by himself this week ay JLA while the team is on its Western Canada road trip.

Cleary can't drive and his depth perception is off.

"It's hurting so much, I'm just sleeping and letting it heal itself,'' Cleary said. "This is the first day I've been able to open it and keep it open.''

General manager Ken Holland said Cleary will not be placed long-term injured reserve since that requires the player to miss a minimum of 10 games or 24 days. Holland said there's a chance Cleary might not have to miss that much time. Cleary will have missed seven games by the end of the trip.

Holland said they have no plans to recall anybody from Grand Rapids prior to the trip.