• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Lovin Jiri Fischer

Presentation Topic

Rate this topic

On Tuesday I have an "audition" for a teaching job. I have to come up with a five-minute presentation on any topic I want (non-academic) and "teach" it to the hiring staff to demonstrate my speaking and presentation abilities. They said they want creative and entertaining topics. I do want to do something that no one else would ever think of doing.

So what if I make mine "How to be a good NHL Comissioner" and sort of go over the dos and don'ts? And I could use examples such as "Don't expand hockey to areas where the warm climate may impact its popularity such as Phoenix and Orlando" or "Do keep suspensions and other disciplinary rules consistent."

Do you think this would be entertaining enough for a good presentation, or do you think it would be difficult for the average non-hockey fan to understand?

I personally think it would be entertaining, but I think it might be a little difficult for a non-hockey fan to follow. Are you allowed to add humor into it? What about if you teach how to be a good hockey fan? You could list do's and don't's for that. And if you can add some humor into that I think it could be very entertaining.

Not sure if you could cover all that in 5 minutes. :)

It is original. I'm sorry, but I don't know where you're from. Are you in an area where people would actually understand hockey? If so, this could be a good choice. Reasonable people don't like Bettman, and you wouldn't want to work for unreasonable people, now, would you? Almost like you're interviewing them too.

Best wishes, whatever you choose to do.