• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HELLDOGSbmx

Detroit locals...

Rate this topic

I am flying out to Ontario from vancouver in a few weeks and my brother and I are going to drive to Detroit to catch the game feb15 vs the Dives. All the tix on stubhub and fan exchange seem grossly overpriced for a building with attendence problems. Can you buy decent tix from the box office day of? Is scalping legal there? Any advice?

Thanks in advance

Pretty excited to get to go to the Joe in person!

If you know for sure that your going to be here Feb 15, why not buy the tickets now. They are available right now. You can have them will called or do e-tickets if you don't want to wait for the mail. There are always scalpers around, you pay a couple bucks over cost. There might be tickets available at the gate. But why worry about any of that stuff, get them now. You can get them through ticket master and/or redwings site which takes you to ticket master.

Scalping is not legal and you take a risk in buying that way. You might be able to get discount tickets from the box office the day of the game. Call them and see if they have any specials going... $9 seats, $15 seats with student ID... Good Luck and Have fun!

Guest DetroitBoy313
All the tix on stubhub and fan exchange seem grossly overpriced for a building with attendence problems

LoL......Attendance problems?

We're probably not number one but pretty good with the way the economy is.But to answer your question,try craigslist.

I am flying out to Ontario from vancouver in a few weeks and my brother and I are going to drive to Detroit to catch the game feb15 vs the Dives. All the tix on stubhub and fan exchange seem grossly overpriced for a building with attendence problems. Can you buy decent tix from the box office day of? Is scalping legal there? Any advice?

Thanks in advance

Try contacting the Red Wings ticket office direct. They run alot of promos right now, and they sell a Family Pack that's a great deal...not sure if it will be available for the Avs game, but it's worth checking out....$44 gets you 2 tickets ($48 face value each) along with 2 dogs and 2 pops. Call them direct at 313-396-7575.

LoL......Attendance problems?

We're probably not number one but pretty good with the way the economy is.But to answer your question,try craigslist.

You're right, I always laugh when people talk about our attendance issues. I watch TV highlights of our games and they'll always talk about the place being half empty. What a joke. We're still #3 in the entire league in attendance, and we only average 300 seats below a sellout every game. I can't argue that there are some empty seats in the lower bowl on a regular basis, but the seats are sold...so it's very deceiving.

Try contacting the Red Wings ticket office direct. They run alot of promos right now, and they sell a Family Pack that's a great deal...not sure if it will be available for the Avs game, but it's worth checking out....$44 gets you 2 tickets ($48 face value each) along with 2 dogs and 2 pops. Call them direct at 313-396-7575.

I did that last month. What an amazing deal. The seats were center ice and 5th row in the upper bowl. And for some reason, even though I purchased two tickets, I received 4, lol. So it was nice not have anyone sitting next to me.

I did that last month. What an amazing deal. The seats were center ice and 5th row in the upper bowl. And for some reason, even though I purchased two tickets, I received 4, lol. So it was nice not have anyone sitting next to me.

That's awesome! You should have sold off the 2 extras to the scalpers outside and you'd be sitting at the game for free! I usually tell my friends about that deal when I don't have any extras in my season ticket location for them to use. Great deal...the only thing is that it kind of pisses me off, that I paid out the same price for my season tickets, and people can come up to the box office and pay the same price ($22) for a seat that's like 15 or more rows closer to the ice than I am! Oh well, can't blame the Wings I guess...gotta put asses in the seats!

Yeah, keep watching the games on FSN and watch for the "before the end of the 1st/2nd period" specials.

I'm glad that they now offer student discount tickets (upper bowl seats, most likely corners for $15), although I have yet to take advantage of it.

I've found really cheap tickets before on ebay. You might want to try that if the Red Wings box office isn't going to work. Also I don't know if you can find an FSN Detroit feed to watch games, but sometimes they will have a deal and announce 2 tickets for $44 if you call before the second intermission. It sounds like a great deal, but you need to be watching to get it.

Has anyone done the $15 student ticket yet...they are always sold out when I call before heading down. How are the seats?

My brother bought the student seat a few games back. They're usually individual seats, but have a $48 face value. Middle of the upper bowl in the corners, generally...not a bad view at all, especially for $15.

My brother bought the student seat a few games back. They're usually individual seats, but have a $48 face value. Middle of the upper bowl in the corners, generally...not a bad view at all, especially for $15.

Yeah, I figure I would buy two and just find two side by side seats that are open. If you know now to act calm and know where your going the ushers won't be suspicious.

Scalping is not legal and you take a risk in buying that way. You might be able to get discount tickets from the box office the day of the game. Call them and see if they have any specials going... $9 seats, $15 seats with student ID... Good Luck and Have fun!

I'm pretty sure you're allowed to sell tickets as long as you don't mark them up by more than 10%

Thanks in advance

I love the fan ticket exchange.... Used it 4 times how and even scored these seats

me.jpg

for $60 each