• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
KrazyGangsta

What about this trade?

Rate this topic

Dwayne Roloson and Eric Cole for Samuellson - Filppula - Osgood

Dwayne Roloson is about 3.2 cap hit equalizes by Filppula's contract

Eric Cole has 4 million cap ... Samuellson 1.2 and we've got 1.2 left = 2.4 million cap

If I remember right since it's past half the season it won't hit the cap 4 million exactly a bit less or something.

Cole is a FA after this season could very well go back to edmonton if he pleases ...

Roloson is FA also...

[/quote I like that type of trade set- up, Roloson would be a good fit with Conklin. But I doubt Edmonton would want Osgood.

No. But mostly because that trade really doesn't help the Wings too much. I think for the Wings to even think about moving Filpula, Hossa would have to already agreed to a long multi-year extension. Basically guaranteeing that the Wings will ice a top six forward group that is Hank, Pav, and Hossa. All the while somehow still gaining significant cap space for next season. Kenny has a thing for dmen at the deadline. I could see a deal for a dman with an expiring contract, maybe someone like Kuba.

On the flip side, if the Wings do this, I have to ask myself if Kenny Holland has paid any attention to how the Sens have handcuffed themselves with their top 3. I know we could all list 100 reason why that should never happen in Detroit. But all it takes is an injury and what you thought was a no-brainer is now looking like a rookie mistake. One semi-serious injury with long term effects and you now have a guy getting paid to put up 1st line all-star numbers, while playing like a 3rd line role player.

It's the old addage: Don't put all your eggs in one basket.

Dwayne Roloson and Eric Cole for Samuellson - Filppula - Osgood

Dwayne Roloson is about 3.2 cap hit equalizes by Filppula's contract

Eric Cole has 4 million cap ... Samuellson 1.2 and we've got 1.2 left = 2.4 million cap

If I remember right since it's past half the season it won't hit the cap 4 million exactly a bit less or something.

Cole is a FA after this season could very well go back to edmonton if he pleases ...

Roloson is FA also...

I love Eric Cole, but he's a UFA after this season I believe.

And I think we can get a lot more for Filppula.

But they can have Sammy. ;)

Perhaps you were asleep in 2006 :rolleyes:

All kidding aside, no thanks.

Seriously, people can't seem to remember past last year ... Rolly wants to win, his 38-39. If he came to Detroit knowing they do have a capable team to win unlike the Oilers I'm sure his play will improve for this year.

No. But mostly because that trade really doesn't help the Wings too much. I think for the Wings to even think about moving Filpula, Hossa would have to already agreed to a long multi-year extension. Basically guaranteeing that the Wings will ice a top six forward group that is Hank, Pav, and Hossa. All the while somehow still gaining significant cap space for next season. Kenny has a thing for dmen at the deadline. I could see a deal for a dman with an expiring contract, maybe someone like Kuba.

On the flip side, if the Wings do this, I have to ask myself if Kenny Holland has paid any attention to how the Sens have handcuffed themselves with their top 3. I know we could all list 100 reason why that should never happen in Detroit. But all it takes is an injury and what you thought was a no-brainer is now looking like a rookie mistake. One semi-serious injury with long term effects and you now have a guy getting paid to put up 1st line all-star numbers, while playing like a 3rd line role player.

It's the old addage: Don't put all your eggs in one basket.

3 forwards that are amazing. Also, sens have overpaid defencemen that underperform on top of that and an overpaid goaltender also...

Now the wings don't pay the 4-5-6 for there goalie they average it out in the 1-3 million ...

Second of all the We've got Lidstrom Rafalski ... Kronwall Stuart locked up for a while, meaning core is intact...

Third of all you keep forgetting that even if we don't sign hossa we'd be going after Franzen which will also want a big raise.

If we we're to go along as what your suggesting we would need to let hossa and franzen walk. Do you want that? I would rather have Hossa between them two even if i we're to pay 2-3 million more.

Edited by KrazyGangsta

Seriously, people can't seem to remember past last year ... Rolly wants to win, his 38-39. If he came to Detroit knowing they do have a capable team to win unlike the Oilers I'm sure his play will improve for this year.

All I have to say to that: Curtis Joseph.

We've got a solid team, plenty of scorers, plenty of hardworkers. To say they wont get their nose dirty is, imho, a false statement. Cleary, Homlstrom, Franzen, all sitting in front of the net, taking a beating just to be a pest. The constant talk about how the wings win because "their hardest workers are their best players" gives me a great feeling about the team. We really have an awesome team, and if any changes are going to be made, it should be at the end of the season. Scoring has been consistently 3+ (give or take a few games) and our defence is #1 (on paper). I don't foresee a change, even with our goaltending.

trade holland for burke

DON'T EVEN JOKE!

3 forwards that are amazing. Also, sens have overpaid defencemen that underperform on top of that and an overpaid goaltender also...

Now the wings don't pay the 4-5-6 for there goalie they average it out in the 1-3 million ...

Second of all the We've got Lidstrom Rafalski ... Kronwall Stuart locked up for a while, meaning core is intact...

Third of all you keep forgetting that even if we don't sign hossa we'd be going after Franzen which will also want a big raise.

If we we're to go along as what your suggesting we would need to let hossa and franzen walk. Do you want that? I would rather have Hossa between them two even if i we're to pay 2-3 million more.

Oh, thanks for pointing out that Lidstrom, Rafalski, Kronwall and Stuart are immune to any injures or decline in play over the life of their contracts with the Wings. I didn't know that was part of the deal. It's not about the level of their talent. An injury can have the same effect.

The highest paid goaltender on the Sens roster is making a cool million, and aren't paying a dman more than $3.5 per. That's Phillips, and while he is underachieving, that's no where near a crippling contract by any means. Stuart is being paid more, and only putting up slightly better numbers except in +/- which you could argue would be worse if he were playing for the Sens.

I didn't forget about Franzen, but he won't get Hossa money. The reason the Wings can't sign both is just a simple lack of cap space.