• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
CanadaBoy

Datsyuk's 500th career point!

Rate this topic

Wierd! Very feminine sounding.

Most russian nick names are feminine sounding (to the english speaking populous anyway)

For example: Mikhail = Misha, Alexander = Sasha, Vyacheslav = Slava, Victor = Vitya, Vladimir = Vova, etc...

Guest CaliWingsNut
Congratulations to our MVPasha!! He's quietly the best and classiest guy on the ice, night after night, and I couldn't love him any more, as a fan. There's just nothing not to like.

I do loved the picture, too. Did you notice they are making "5" "0" "0" with Pasha and the puck the middle zero? :lol:

Jeez, I love this team. :wub:

Naw... being hockey and all... I expected Z was flashing a gang sign.

Guest tini
Who's Pasha, Pavel's wife?

Pasha's his nickname. I believe Zetterberg has a similiar one, I think its Sasha. I believe its something holmstrom gave them.

congrats to Pavel..

and i got a chuckle out of reading about what he said about Hanks SHG

Said Datsyuk: "It was really nice spin-o-rama for Hank. It's a huge goal. I have actually good seat. I sit alone in the penalty box. I see everything."

This team is the greatest team in the WORLD. You can tell that everyone is like a brother with each other on here, def nice to see.

Wierd! Very feminine sounding.

We're used to the "a" on the end of women's names- Paula, Roberta, etc.- if they have been altered from the masculine. Names infulenced by Romance languages- Linda, Donna- also have the femenine ending with "a" because of the gender-specific language.

Odd that I'm explaining this to someone called Micah :D

Back on topic: Anyone want to guess when he'll hit 1000? Will it take more or less than 505 games? I think he'll take less as he's seeing more playing time per game than he did when he first started.

I'll say less...and how long do you think it will be before he cracks into the top ten Red Wings scorers of all time? If he doesn't get it by the end of this year, expect it very early in the season next year. He's only got to come up with 47 points to do it. I'd not put it past him to do it this season if all goes well.